Page 49 of 102 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    I saw the movie Friday, so here are my thoughts:

- Generally, I liked the movie. I'm more of a DC fan, so their universe means more to me, and a good DC movie or TV show will mean more to me than a good Marvel one, but nonetheless, this was a big achievement on Marvel's part to organize all of those moving pieces.

- Doctor Strange really came off well here. He was one of the most developed characters in the movie, and got several good scenes.

- Scarlet Witch got a moment also as she held off Thanos, but ummm, that's not how her powers work. She should have just said "No More Thanos."

- Lots of characters really didn't need to be in the movie as their input was negligable: Winter Soldier, Falcon, War Machine, Black Widow. Of course, it was good to see everyone because it adds to the epic feel of the movie, but it was gratuitous.

- The Blackhawks called. They want their War Wheel back.

- Loved Thor getting his due. A lot of times, teams in the comics have to underpower their strongest members or take them off the board quickly so that the others will have something to do, but one of the things Justice League did right was give Superman his due when he beat the hell out of the other Leaguers. When Thor got his new weapon and made a big splash entrance and turned the tide, it was a great moment. I'm glad they didn't just try to make Thor "one of the gang" and really gave us a good glimpse into this true power level.

- Most everyone dying was kind of a letdown of an ending because you know that most will be brought back, so the second movie will negate the first. They should have had deaths where it felt as though something of consequence actually happened. I'm sure even Gamora will be back.

- Star-Lord messing things up so that the others couldn't take the Gauntlet really hurt his character. It also wasn't believable because, quite frankly, Chris Pratt isn't really a strong dramatic actor, so he really couldn't pull off the scene properly. We needed to see blind, unthinking rage on his part, so it would make sense that he was screwing things up, but wasn't focused on that. Chris was more "pissed off." We needed to see gut-wrenching anguish from him upon learning of Gamora's death in order for his actions to make sense, but he isn't enough of an actor to dig that deep, quite frankly.

- Also, why try to pull off the Gauntlet? Just cut his goddamned arm off at the elbow!!!

- When Thanos used the Gauntlet to have the universal culling, how did he know that he, himself wouldn't be one of the ones killed? Of course, since he had the power, he could have willed it so, but it would have been good to see someone, say Gamora, call him on it. Thanos said he wanted a random slaughter so that it wouldn't matter if one was rich or poor or what position they occupied in the social strata. But I would have liked to see someone point out that Thanos hypocritically exempted himself from the "randomness."

- The banter. Oh, God, do I hate the insipid banter in these Marvel movies. It never works for me. It comes across as a cringy, actor's workshop improv exercise.

- Why is Tony Stark, probably the most genius, most high-tech guy on the face of the earth using a 15-year old style flip phone?

Overall, the movie is a must-see, and even though it uses the now-standard "quest for the Cosmic McGuffins" plot, it did it very well. It's so funny to think that Avengers: Infinity War and Justice League had pretty much the same plot, but Avengers just executed it so much better.
    I don't think Thanos would have minded if he was one of the people who was wipednout.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I don't think Thanos would have minded if he was one of the people who was wipednout.
    I think he would have been disappointed to not witness his improvement to the universe.

BANNED

It's still amazing to me that they did an entire scene with CGI and all of it for moment they never had any intention of including in the movie.

spoilers:
    3320083-marvel+studios'+avengers++infinity+war+official+trailer.00_02_00_25.still050.jpg
    end of spoilers

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post
    Except that didn't happen at all. I'm not even sure how you interpreted it that way. spoilers:
    She successfully destroyed the stone which would have prevented Thanos from doing this if not for his use of the time stone.
    end of spoilers
    In watching the film, I was thinking of all the unnamed warriors dying during the struggle to save The Vision and what they were dying for - which to me was so The Vision could live because of Wanda. (Edit - I don't recall seeing any actual warriors die but I took it was implied to make Thanos's army a real threat)There was time for The Vision to make a noble sacrifice and have the stone destroyed long before Thanos showed up. If there was a scene where the heroes knew for sure that Thanos actually had the time stone and could just reverse everything I missed it. But instead, the heroes risked half of the universe for one's person's loved one. So that was my interpretation: it was more important to risk saving one being's life while the big bad is on the doorstep than it was to get it done and save the universe before Thanos arrived. I've always been a 'The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" guy so any time I see a scene where a character picks the few, or the one, over the many and the person picking is suppose to be a hero it pretty much ruins it for me.

On the other hand, this could be a long term set up showing Wanda is crazy and will eventually go 'no more mutants' in some future movie.

I was wondering why didn't Loki want to give the cube to Thanos? That is what the first Avengers was all about, invading Earth to give Thanos the cube.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    I was wondering why didn't Loki want to give the cube to Thanos? That is what the first Avengers was all about, invading Earth to give Thanos the cube.
    I like to think Loki has had some growth since avengers 1 but then again it is Loki

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    It's still amazing to me that they did an entire scene with CGI and all of it for moment they never had any intention of including in the movie.
    That at least explains the terrible Bucky floating head in that shot. No need to make it look good since it's all to trick us, heh.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    No need for them to introduce other characters to bring back Vision. Shuri was downloading his brain basically. She'll bring him back but he probably won't be exactly the same: he'll initially be emotionless and not in love with Wanda is my guess.
    Cause I want to see Wonder Man.

Can't see a reason they would do that when they could give him a brand new state of the art arm like they did. We don't know what tricks his new arm may have.
    Cause it would have cool to see him with the Klaw arm. That is what me and friends were talking about the moment we saw Bucky at the end of Black Panther that holly shit, they have give him the Klaw arm!

Extraordinary Member

Loki isn't going to kneel to anyone and, I think he knew that his time was up.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Yeah. You don't go up to Thanos a failure

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Throwing this in about Warlock too. Gunn mentioned a while ago when GotG2 came out that Adam was for a future story. He did not say that he was going to be in vol. 3.

Honestly, given we are only left in space with Nebula and Tony, and Nebula probably will be playing a larger role alingbwirh Tony, it could easily be as has been mentioned, Adam calls out to them and Tony, Nebula and Carol end up finding him. Remember he's being made to be a perfect being, and there was enough set up in not only Guardians but also via Vision and even in Infinity War for Adam to show up and help. Yes Carol is going to be the brawn on this quest, but I also have a feeling that they will need magic with them, and Adam is the best for that since the wizard is gone.

I agree that they bust him out of his cocoon and because he's an innocent the gems allow him to rest things to well before the Snap.
    Warlock being a new being, he easily could be something that the gems cannot affect or understand. He could be the key to restore everything.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    But he was Thanos' lackey on Earth to get the cube. Thanos gave him the staff with the mind gem.

Extraordinary Member

Does anyone else think that come the end of this all, Thanos should live?

Extraordinary Member

But he was Thanos' lackey on Earth to get the cube.
    Well Loki did not know the plan of Thanos (I assume), even ruling half a kingdom is still a kingdom for Loki.

Mighty Member

If it's not Avengers, I'm not sure what it could have been because I have not read a lot Marvel comics and one of the few runs have been Hickman's Avengers and Bendis' X-Men, Waid's Hulk, Remember's Cap and Fraction Hawkeye.

Not a lot of cosmic stuff. It was either Hickman's Avengers or maybe Bendis' The Illuminati?
    Whatever you read isn't canon.