Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Default First look at Ruby Rose as Batwoman

I haven't seen this posted yet but, man, this is pretty spot on. It's not too surprising, mind you, considering how JH Williams drew her to look almost photorealistic so it's an easier look to capture than most but this is easily the most faithful super-suit since Supergirl.

Check it out over here.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

The only thing that looks a little off to me is the wig and cape, but otherwise it's pretty darn comic-accurate .

Very happy with this. Looks like Batwoman while being its own distinct design.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Looks good. I plan to watch.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The only thing that looks a little off to me is the wig and cape, but otherwise it's pretty darn comic-accurate .
    Given big budget DC movies are doing capes and hair in post with CGI, a TV show probably doesn't have the budget to do anything too extreme. Looks like that cape will give her some freedom of movement.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Why were people hating on this woman again?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Why were people hating on this woman again?
    She was the wrong kind of lesbian, IIRC.

No, I don't know how that works.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    She was the wrong kind of lesbian, IIRC.

No, I don't know how that works.
    Why is it that people tend to forget that acting is all about playing pretend?

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Why is it that people tend to forget that acting is all about playing pretend?
    That's because their own particular little hang-ups and insecurities blind them to reason.
    Live true or lie well.

... how can you be the wrong type of lesbian?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    ... how can you be the wrong type of lesbian?
    The same way some people complained that Zoe Saldana was the wrong shade of black to play Nina Simone... Some people have to find something to complain about, otherwise their life is empty.

Quote Originally Posted by NeathBlue View Post
    The same way some people complained that Zoe Saldana was the wrong shade of black to play Nina Simone... Some people have to find something to complain about, otherwise their life is empty.
    Ehh, that was more of a fair complaint when conveyed constructively.

I think this suit looks kind of cheap to be honest. A bland slanted belt, a slightly overexaggerated bat symbol, some one-note textures and the cape is the worst offender. I didn't expect much from a CW suit, but a bit better given the hoopla. Not for me, but it'll get the job done annnnd might be better in action.

Ross Marquand on Walking Dead is a straight actor that plays a gay man. I don’t recall anyone complaining about that.

Quote Originally Posted by NeathBlue View Post
    The black face complaint was pretty valid.

Ultimate Member

I remember when people got upset about the actress that played Storm in the last X-Men movie, because her mother is white...well that was one of the reasons...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I remember when people got upset about the actress that played Storm in the last X-Men movie, because her mother is white...well that was one of the reasons...
    The argument people try to use to justify that complaint is that the casting of Storm was racist since X1(Halle Berry has a white mom). Ignoring the fact that the very first choice for Storm was Angela Basset and the only reason they didn’t get her was because the movie didn’t have the budget to afford her.