Page 73 of 102 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1523

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    It is possible, of course, that she is the last of the Zehoberei people, but not the last of the population of her planet.
    It is also entirely possible something else happened to cause Thanos to kill everyone else. We only get a brief snapshot of explanation. It was visually important to the movie to see him literally divide the people into two. If an ungrateful planet kept fighting him he may have been forced to quell the rebellion. Of course I am sure he would have been so cut-up about it. Such a sensitive soul.

Or civilisation may have gone into total meltdown. The huge number of dead may have promoted disease. A random selection may have included all of the people that knew how their technology worked. All of the telephone sanitizers might have been killed. So many possibilities.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 05-03-2018 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Plus is obvious that the writers of the MCU movies will not have Adam be a metaphor for christianity.He was already introduced at GOTG:2,by being a person created in a pod by the extraterestial Priestess Aylesha.
    Nothing obvious about it. I fully expect him to turn up in GotG3 as a parodic Christ metaphor. Even the civilisation he was being created by suggests parody.

If this prediction holds true then there is no place for him in A4, which is essentially a rephrasing of my original point.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    I know the more you hear about Warlock the less interested you are, but I’m going to put a twist on it. To hell with Warlock, read it for Starlin!
    Ok. I will put my typical contrary self to one side. I do like Jim Starlin.

I best not regret this... :P

Spectacular Member CaptainMarvell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    So the writers have come out and said 'Don't think those deaths aren't permanent!", and I just rolled my eyes. Spider-Man has a movie coming out next year. A sequel to Black Panther was already announced. Chris Evan's contract is up, and Sebastian Stan signed for 9.
    I was thinking about this yesterday. I really doubt everyone will be resurrected. It would really cheapen the whole ending to Infinity War. But I could see them doing something like this:

- Vision gets reconstructed, but without the mind gem, he's the all white, emotionless android.
    - Shuri becomes the new Black Panther and TChalla returns as King of the Dead, like in the comics.
    - Dr Strange stays dead and is in hell and faces Damian Hellstrom and Satana in his next movie
    - Guardians, Adam Warlock, Soul Stone, I haven't quite put it altogether, but Magus could be the villain for GotG 3. Warlock resurrects them to defeat Magus.
    - Peter stays dead, but in Phase 4, when Marvel creates X-Men and F4 movies, they will take place in a different universe and the next Spider-man movie happens in that universe instead of the regular MCU. Having Avengers and X-men/F4 movies building up in separate universes could lead into the "Incursion" storyline that feeds into Secret Wars, which could be the next Infinity War like movie.

I just remember Dr Strange talking about parallel universes quite a bit and I feel like the writers might have him alluding to something else. It'd be a good way to keep some of these characters dead and just have them naturally progress, rather than "snap", they're all back.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMarvell View Post
    I was thinking about this yesterday. I really doubt everyone will be resurrected. It would really cheapen the whole ending to Infinity War. But I could see them doing something like this:

- Vision gets reconstructed, but without the mind gem, he's the all white, emotionless android.
    - Shuri becomes the new Black Panther and TChalla returns as King of the Dead, like in the comics.
    - Dr Strange stays dead and is in hell and faces Damian Hellstrom and Satana in his next movie
    - Guardians, Adam Warlock, Soul Stone, I haven't quite put it altogether, but Magus could be the villain for GotG 3. Warlock resurrects them to defeat Magus.
    - Peter stays dead, but in Phase 4, when Marvel creates X-Men and F4 movies, they will take place in a different universe and the next Spider-man movie happens in that universe instead of the regular MCU. Having Avengers and X-men/F4 movies building up in separate universes could lead into the "Incursion" storyline that feeds into Secret Wars, which could be the next Infinity War like movie.

I just remember Dr Strange talking about parallel universes quite a bit and I feel like the writers might have him alluding to something else. It'd be a good way to keep some of these characters dead and just have them naturally progress, rather than "snap", they're all back.
    Interesting theories! I don't know if Marvel will push things that far yet (with multiple universes) but Feige has said the MCU will be different tonally after Avengers 4...so it's possible!

Spectacular Member CaptainMarvell's Avatar

I was also thinking instead of Peter Parker being in that other universe, maybe the two in "Spider-man Homecoming 2" is for two spider-men. They introduce Miles Morales and he gets his spider powers, meanwhile, a distraught Tony Stark brings back his protege, through cloning, thus creating the Scarlet Spider. This would be how they keep Tom Holland in the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMarvell View Post

I don't think they're going to do that. From a commercial point of view, it would be financial suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by _Feely_ View Post
    Ok. I will put my typical contrary self to one side. I do like Jim Starlin.

I best not regret this... :P
    You won't! Just stare at the art of Starlin when he was in his absolute prime if you don't dig the story.

Also, a tip, 1,000 Clowns is a parody of the Marvel Bullpen, with Stan as the head clown, apparently, and Warlock's views representing Starlin's views on Marvel. Starlin always had a love-hate relationship with Marvel, since way back.

All-New Member

So what was the deal with Thanos' arm at the end of A:IW? It went all fscked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Parker View Post
    So what was the deal with Thanos' arm at the end of A:IW? It went all fscked up.
    I thought it was just the gauntlet -- I didn't see the state of the rest of the arm. But I thought the gauntlet was damaged from exterminating half the universe -- not necessarily burnt out but clearly proof that it exerted itself.

I guess we could suppose a lot of things at this point, though. I'd guess that the gauntlet, since it's a carrier made by mortals and not really the same material as the gems, couldn't handle the strain of the combined gems unharmed, but it's also kind of pointless if the gauntlet can do anything, including repairing itself.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I don't know if it was ever fully addressed somewhere ITT (only on page 21 atm) but I don't see how the post credit scene with the CM teaser creates a pot hole in the previous movies.

By the time the situation escalated to a level where she was necessary (3rd act of Avengers when the alien fleet came through the portal or when they figured out Ultron's plan with Sokovia) she was likely so far away that she couldn't of made a difference so both situations required a more immediate solution (the Avengers). By the time she showed up for either event, Earth would've been already decimated.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Absolutely.
    I am long time reader of comic books,and is the first time i actually read this comparision.And i never looked at Adam Warlock as being such a metaphor.
    Adam Warlock always looked more a cosmic super hero,and the best stories of Adam Warlock were not the first ones.It was especially the stories by Jim Starlin that defined the character not the first stories of Adam on the Counter Earth fighting the Man Beast.
    Just look at which stories have been more important to Adam Warlock in more recent stories,it´s the Jim Starlin stories that keep being referenced not the first stories.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    So you don’t see the blatant Analogy of the Warlock / Magus story to christianity? To you The Universal Church of Truth is just a church and it is totally just a conincidental story that Warlock realises that the church is a church to him only changed by doctrine? That they would have an inquisition to charge their own god with heresy, totally unrelated to the way the inquisition picked upon movements that were far more like the early church than they were?

Yes Starlin did some new and interesting things but it was all based on the existing themes.
    The Universal Church of Truth is just mentioned in Flashback pages when Magus explain to Adam how he got to be in charge of the aliens he leads against Adam Warlock,Pip the Troll and Gamora.
    Dunno how that is the most relevant thing you can apply to your argument
    Starlin stories with Adam Warlock were more in line with metaphisical cosmic type of stories that being a metaphor to christianity.
    Plus is obvious that the writers of the MCU movies will not have Adam be a metaphor for christianity.He was already introduced at GOTG:2,by being a person created in a pod by the extraterestial Priestess Aylesha.
    I understand that you, whiteshark and others, do not see it. I understand that you as a reader do not see or interpret what Starlin did as any kind of parody or viewpoint on the Church. I am not trying to invalidate your interpretation as a reader.

However, Starlin has been very up front and he has discussed in interviews that yes, Warlock's adventures against the Universal Church of Truth was a parody of the Church he grew up in. It is even in the name of the organization that Warlock struggles against.

Another word for Universal is Catholic, especially when applied to religion. When you see the words Catholic Church, what that literally means in English is universal Church. And Warlock's foes? The Universal Church.

One of the first Universal Church foes that Warlock fights is named Borgia, of course named after the Spanish-Valencian-Italian royal family (dukes and princes) that produced two popes and effectively controlled the Church for over 100 years.

I could go on but Starlin himself has been blunt about it. He continued on with these themes in Dreadstar, who's main archenemy is the Lord High Papal.

Starlin picked up the ball that Roy Thomas and Gil Kane, and Conway, had laid down — Warlock as Christ figure on Counter Earth — and Starlin ran with it.

To be clear, I don't think Starlin's message was as simple as "the Church sucks." I think he was trying to imply that its record on temporal matters has been bad in his experiences and he tried to fit that into Marvel's formats and cosmology.

I'm not sure how the MCU could ever present Warlock with anything like these, his best stories.
    Last edited by Brian B; 05-03-2018 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LegendOfTheAngryBlonde View Post
    I don't know if it was ever fully addressed somewhere ITT (only on page 21 atm) but I don't see how the post credit scene with the CM teaser creates a pot hole in the previous movies.
    It turns out that Maria stopped the car not because of the crashing aircraft and disappearing people, but because her SHIELD SUV hit a particularly bad pot hole.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    It turns out that Maria stopped the car not because of the crashing aircraft and disappearing people, but because her SHIELD SUV hit a particularly bad pot hole.
    Bad pot holes are underestimated threats and Maria was right to stop the SHIELD SUV in time before hitting it. If she had to pick between getting disintegrated and turning into dust or dealing with getting the SHIELD SUV repaired, I'm 100% sure she'd pick getting disintegrated every single time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LegendOfTheAngryBlonde View Post
    Bad pot holes are underestimated threats and Maria was right to stop the SHIELD SUV in time before hitting it. If she had to pick between getting disintegrated and turning into dust or dealing with getting the SHIELD SUV repaired, I'm 100% sure she'd pick getting disintegrated every single time.
    I always get holed when i run into pot.