Page 102 of 102 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102
Results 1,516 to 1,523 of 1523

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I think Elizabeth Olsen and to a lesser degree Paul Bettany. Wanda had some really good moments and I don't know that Bettany has really been doing much for awhile. (FWIW I think they should just bring back Bettany's wife Jennifer Connelly as Betty Ross - I keep wanting one good scene with Ruffalo and Thunderbolt Ross))
    I always find it kind of amusing that Mark Ruffalo's Bruce Banner is probably people's go-to for the character now but the most he's actually gotten to interact with anything Hulk related is a very abridged and altered Planet Hulk adaption.

Like, he never mentions Betty, hasn't met Ross, hasn't fought any Hulk villains, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Which actors do you think benefited their careers the most by being in Infinity War?
    I'm pretty sure Brolin is happy that he is going to be remembered for playing Thanos and Cable rather than Jonah Hex.

EDIT: Pretty much everyone in this flick already has well established careers. BP made a billion dollars so everyone knew who the cast were by the time IW came out. I think the guys who played the Black Order especially Ebony Maw and Proxima Midnight got some much needed exposure. They've got a big movie on their resumes but are not franchise careers so can be hired without their roles overshadowing their current one. This was also a huge opportunity for the dude who played Red Skull since he wasn't just playing Red Skull, he had to specifically do an impersonation of Hugo Weaving's Red Skull.

Last edited by John Venus; 09-25-2018 at 11:37 AM.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I always find it kind of amusing that Mark Ruffalo's Bruce Banner is probably people's go-to for the character now but the most he's actually gotten to interact with anything Hulk related is a very abridged and altered Planet Hulk adaption.

Like, he never mentions Betty, hasn't met Ross, hasn't fought any Hulk villains, etc.
    Similar situation with Spider-man where he's only interacted with Aunt May and a few of his comic villains like Toomes, Shocker, Tinkerer and the Prowler.

No JJJ, no Bugle, no MJ, no Osborns, no Gwen Stacey, etc. The rules might be different for characters who are shared between studios.

Also, for people itching to see Jeniffer Connelly; she is already doing the voice over for Peter's suit AI, Karen, which is a hilarious bit of casting gag. An actual physical appearance would be nice too I think.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I'm pretty sure Brolin is happy that he is going to be remembered for playing Thanos and Cable rather than Jonah Hex.

EDIT: Pretty much everyone in this flick already has well established careers. BP made a billion dollars so everyone knew who the cast were by the time IW came out. I think the guys who played the Black Order especially Ebony Maw and Proxima Midnight got some much needed exposure. They've got a big movie on their resumes but are not franchise careers so can be hired without their roles overshadowing their current one. This was also a huge opportunity for the dude who played Red Skull since he wasn't just playing Red Skull, he had to specifically do an impersonation of Hugo Weaving's Red Skull.

It was the guy from walking dead who did the Hugo weaving impersonation right?

Also yea the Connolly thing is funny because shes Betty and also because shes Bettanys wife.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 09-25-2018 at 01:07 PM.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Where's that guy who called me stupid for saying there'd be a time skip in-between A3 & A4.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Where's that guy who called me stupid for saying there'd be a time skip in-between A3 & A4.
    I doubt most people are surprised by a time skip, though 5 years seems excessive/unlikely

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    The time skip just tells me that there's going to be some kind of reset since Far From Home shows Peter still in high school and on a class trip.

I guess it could take place before Infinity War but that seems a bit much and there would still be an issue of a teenage Peter Parker returning from the Snap and dealing with the fact that all his classmates are now in their 20's.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The time skip just tells me that there's going to be some kind of reset since Far From Home shows Peter still in high school and on a class trip.

I guess it could take place before Infinity War but that seems a bit much and there would still be an issue of a teenage Peter Parker returning from the Snap and dealing with the fact that all his classmates are now in their 20's.
    I think what will happen is that it will pick up after 5 years, then the Gauntlet will be used to rewind time back to a couple months after the snap.

IMO, five years is too long for the shows/movies, and a few months wouldn't be too disruptive