Page 11 of 102 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    It’s official now. Superhero movies have peaked. Black Panther was the apex. Infinity War could not live up to the hype.
    The apex was TDK.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Only way to answer that is when her movie comes out; but basically peeps are saying she's tied up with something else that requires her full attention that made her unavailable.
    So why is she suddenly free, now?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    If you been following these movies for the past 10 years, there should have been something here that engrossed you. I am a comic reader and fan of the movies and was very much engrossed from the start to finish. My only nitpicks is that I wish the Black order got a bit more character development. Honestly, I can’t really find too much to dislike about this. This has a huge smile for the majority of the run time. But I understand some might be fatigued or whatever that might be.
    Why should something had engrossed me?

Sure, Thanos was pretty okay, but we have only surface context for the emotions he displayed. He loves Gamora, but none of his other children? Why? Is it because she new failed? Maw never failed either, but Thanos displays more emotion for Wanda than him. Why does Thanos even have these children? In the flashback he just randomly takes a liking to Gamora. Also, Gamora is quick to get comfortable with Thanos, but fights back when pulled by a grunt...makes no sense.

The moment Strange looked in the future, and saw how they won, all tension evaporated.

Starlord saving Thanos was contrived.

Thanos casually beats up Hulk, whom can fight Thor, who he also beat easily. Then he's later held down by weaker people. He beat a guy who can withstand the force of a dying star....but his leg is held down by Drax? Then he gets all the stones....and loses to Thor? How? He was just shown using the Reality stone st will, with quick reflexes. Is the hammer now stronger than the Power stone? Why not use the Space stone to warp him somewhere else? No continuity within one movie.

It was a cool spectacle, and literally nothing else.
    Last edited by TooFlyToFail; 04-27-2018 at 01:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    The movie was honestly just an okay movie.

It was literally just set up for Avengers 4, and thus not a stand alone like they said. Also, killing the characters with sequels in development doesn't raise the stakes. It lowers them.
    But a casual moviegoer are likely not going to be following which sequels will come next like comic fans are. Hence why at least when I went to see the movie, people were gasping because they were completely shocked when those characters die. Of course I can see them online after the movie to see if said characters are truly dead.

BANNED

In GoG vol 1, 2 and this movie i ever hated Star Lord.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    So umm...someone please tell me there is an explanation for:

spoilers:
    Why didn't Strange just use the Time Stone to reverse what happened after Quill ruined everything?
    end of spoilers
    Because he already saw the future, and how they win, so things need to happen as they need to.

The heroes have already won.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
    But a casual moviegoer are likely not going to be following which sequels will come next like comic fans are. Hence why at least when I went to see the movie, people were gasping because they were completely shocked when those characters die. Of course I can see them online after the movie to see if said characters are truly dead.
    It doesn't take a genius to know that BP and Spidey aren't staying dead.

In my theater most of the audience was pissed, and saying why kill a character we know is getting a sequel. There was little discussion, and most just walked out pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Byrant View Post
    In GoG vol 1, 2 and this movie i ever hated Star Lord.
    Yeah, that part was so forced. They're about to defeat Thanos, Starlord is like "Nope, allow me to add fake tension to this movie."

Then why not have Thor, and the hammer, turn to dust with the Reality Stone?
    You talking about his new hammer?

That's stupid writing wise, because it begs the question: Why not call her for Avengers 1? You know, the threat he actually does have context for. That advertising hurts the narrative.
    Well that's the big question. If this is Fury's ace in the hole, where was she when SHIELD was stocking weapons for doomsday in Avengers 1? That's going to be a big issue that needs to be dealt with obviously. Her movie takes place in the 90's, so her absence will have to be explained. Going ahead with Captain Marvel getting involved here, that problem I'm sure was at the forefront for the writers.

You talking about his new hammer?
    Yeah. He can manipulate reality, so why not do to Thor what he did to Drax. Hell, he had the Power Stone....the thing they showed capable destroying a planet....is Storm Breaker stronger than it?

Because he already saw the future, and how they win, so things need to happen as they need to.

The heroes have already won.
    So you're saying they need to engage Thanos with Plan A that was designed to fail in the first place? Why not just give Thanos the stone then and be done with it. Instead of engaging in an attempt to get the Gauntlet?

Well that's the big question. If this is Fury's ace in the hole, where was she when SHIELD was stocking weapons for doomsday in Avengers 1? That's going to be a big issue that needs to be dealt with obviously. Her movie takes place in the 90's, so her absence will have to be explained. Going ahead with Captain Marvel getting involved here, that problem I'm sure was at the forefront for the writers.
    The other problem is that there's a 50% chance she's dead already, so why tease us? It's actually pretty contrived that the only people that have a shot at stopping Thanos survived, especially after the forced Starlord scene.

Yeah. He can manipulate reality, so why not do to Thor what he did to Drax. Hell, he had the Power Stone....the thing they showed capable destroying a planet....is Storm Breaker stronger than it?
    Well, this all is about the moment Thanos gets hit with Stormbreaker right? That is what I believe the original comment was talking about. How could Stormbreaker stab Thanos. I mean after he's stabbed I guess he could use the reality stone to turn Stormbreaker into dust. But he didn't see it coming (I guess the mind stone is nerfed here), got stabbed (this gauntlet doesn't grant invulnerability), and by the time Thor was in face, all he had to do was snap his fingers anyway. Mission complete.

So you're saying they need to engage Thanos with Plan A that was designed to fail in the first place? Why not just give Thanos the stone then and be done with it. Instead of engaging in an attempt to get the Gauntlet?
    It's implied by Strange that he already knows how they win.

"This was the only way."

"We're in the endgame, now."

He talked nonstop about how he'd do anything to save the universe. Why would he risk the universe for Stark, if he didn't see how to win?