Page 4 of 102 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

I'm in the minority I think but I felt disappointed.

spoilers:
    Thor, Gamora, Thanos, Vision, Rocket and Wanda were great but everyone else was ehhhhhhhh. I felt that Steve and Bucky were way under used and I feel like Chadwick is tired for all the filming.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Disappointed of the lack of Renner. To think he dropped out of MI6 and then basically not in this, it sucks.

All in all it was a good Thanos film but I felt the film was choppy.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

I see from the last few posts the thread is already beginning to travel the familiar road from "It was awesome!" To the eventual post after post of "It sucked!" Happens every time, except for maybe Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I see from the last few posts the thread is already beginning to travel the familiar road from "It was awesome!" To the eventual post after post of "It sucked!" Happens every time, except for maybe Black Panther.
    Nah I don't think it sucked. I just think it was okay.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    Nah I don't think it sucked. I just think it was okay.
    Wasn't speaking only of your post. Many of the prior are already getting into well-worn territory of "this 5 second scene was awkward" and "How did character X know Y?" and I can see the theme of the thread migrating to over-analysis and too much weight put on small tiny elements.

Wasn't speaking only of your post. Many of the prior are already getting into well-worn territory of "this 5 second scene was awkward" and "How did character X know Y?" and I can see the theme of the thread migrating to over-analysis and too much weight put on small tiny elements.
    Ohhhh I gotcha. Yeah I'm not type for over-analysis and nitpicking.

True. Land of the internet.

My personal favorite is the CGI criticisms. It's the era of nit-picking though.

Having seen the movie, I already know where people are going to start whining in some places. Seeing the big releases a few days earlier than the USA, it's like you can see the big tsunami of venom heading towards the coast.

But whatever. This movie was dope and the best theater experience I've ever had.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 04-26-2018 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    My personal favorite is the CGI criticisms. It's the era of nit-picking though.
    C'mon, that bit spoilers:
    at the end, where Steve's holding Vision and Banner is in the Hulkbuster and Rhodey is in the War Machine armour and we can see their heads... that was really bad, especially when Banner turned his head to look away.
    end of spoilers

But whatever. This movie was dope and the best theater experience I've ever had.
    It was definitely enjoyable (other than the gits around us who just kept talking and wondered what our problem was when we asked them to stop...)

#TaliaIsNotAVillain2018 Microwave's Avatar

This made me roll my eyes. There's nothing wrong with being critical and having a discussion. You just want us to fawn over the movie or something? As more people sit with the movie and digest it, the more they'll find out what they truly think of the movie because it's so damn dense. We are all fans here so it's not like we just log on to hate.

spoilers:
    Personally, I felt like some of the deaths were really obvious, like T'Challa, Sam, Bucky, Peter, etc. They're obviously not dying permanently. I thought it was funny how one of the most popular fan theories was that Steve was gonna die, and yet like in basically every other Marvel movie to date, Tony & Steve are the last ones standing for the most part. I can't wait for the day they kill Tony off, honestly. I'm thinking maybe him and Steve are the permanent deaths in IW Part 2? I know for sure Steve's either dying or passing on the mantle for Cap. I really want to see Falcap happen on the big screen (if only they'd change Falcon's actor ). I do agree some of the CGI was pretty bad. But if you've lived through the 3 Thor movies you'll live through this, lol. Now those are truly some monstrosities.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Microwave View Post
    This made me roll my eyes. There's nothing wrong with being critical and having a discussion. You just want us to fawn over the movie or something?
    It would be nice if criticisms were about matters of substance, and nitpicks didn't elevate to "totally ruined the movie for me" levels, which is where these things usually end up.

BANNED

It would be nice if criticisms were about matters of substance, and nitpicks didn't elevate to "totally ruined the movie for me" levels, which is where these things usually end up.
    Most of the criticism are about matters of substance. I have seen many reviews call the movie a non story , rather a spectacle non stop action experience.
    I agree with you that it is ridiculous to say the movie is totally ruined. If you have seen any Avengers movie, you already know what you are getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Microwave View Post
    spoilers:
    Personally, I felt like some of the deaths were really obvious, like T'Challa, Sam, Bucky, Peter, etc. They're obviously not dying permanently. I thought it was funny how one of the most popular fan theories was that Steve was gonna die, and yet like in basically every other Marvel movie to date, Tony & Steve are the last ones standing for the most part.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I figured they were going to end up with the original (MCU) Avengers left and that's basically what they did.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I can't wait for the day they kill Tony off, honestly.
    end of spoilers
    I was hoping that spoilers:
    when Peter called to him it was because Tony was coming apart rather than Peter. Tony's guilt (as expressed in Homecoming is going to be huge while he's stuck on Titan. Alone.
    end of spoilers

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Come home from watching it with my nephew, who happens to be as much as, if not more than, a Marvel geek than me. We had so many points to discuss, but one that stood out for me is that
    spoilers:
    with T'Challa gone, will Shuri assume the Black Panther mantle in the next film? She had three BP suits in BP, two of which were used by T'Challa and Killmonger, so she might don the third.
    end of spoilers
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Come home from watching it with my nephew, who happens to be as much as, if not more than, a Marvel geek than me. We had so many points to discuss, but one that stood out for me is that
    spoilers:
    with T'Challa gone, will Shuri assume the Black Panther mantle in the next film? She had three BP suits in BP, two of which were used by T'Challa and Killmonger, so she might don the third.
    end of spoilers
    Weren't the three suits T'challa CW/original suit, the new black suit, and the gold necklace suit?

I'd imagine there will be little to no Wakanda in Avengers 4 and after whatever shenanigans happen to bring certain indivuals back, it won't affect much.

Plus, the bigger implication if he WAS really gone would be that the HSH is burned and gone.

Also, you bet your ass M'baku wouldn't sit around and let a teenager have the throne.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

This x 100.