Page 5 of 102 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I will say my criticisms don't ruin the movie for me...despite it being a plotless bore overall, I did get some enjoyment out of it

spoilers:
    Certainly not as "jokey" as I was expecting it to be, which is always a plus, but when the jokes did come they were awful. Peter was basically nothing but a pop culture index, what is he from, Ready Player One? I don't know who does "I don't want to go" better, Tom Holland or David Tennant (oh I am a cruel one)

Gamora almost stole the whole movie for me with the scenes she had, and Brolin poured his heart out as the emotionally spent but driven Thanos trying to justify his perspective on life to all of those desperate to stop him.

Then there was how rushed Wanda and Vision's romance was...like I get that a lot of time has passed and we got some explanation with Rhodey and Ross's meeting, but it still seemed out of left field.
    end of spoilers

There's more I can list, but they're the ones coming to me right now

Should also point out that my theater was void of any emotional reaction...very neutral responses, polite laughter at the jokes, and deathly silence at any casualties.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I will say my criticisms don't ruin the movie for me...despite it being a plotless bore overall, I did get some enjoyment out of it

spoilers:
    Certainly not as "jokey" as I was expecting it to be, which is always a plus, but when the jokes did come they were awful. Peter was basically nothing but a pop culture index, what is he from, Ready Player One? I don't know who does "I don't want to go" better, Tom Holland or David Tennant (oh I am a cruel one)

Gamora almost stole the whole movie for me with the scenes she had, and Brolin poured his heart out as the emotionally spent but driven Thanos trying to justify his perspective on life to all of those desperate to stop him.

Then there was how rushed Wanda and Vision's romance was...like I get that a lot of time has passed and we got some explanation with Rhodey and Ross's meeting, but it still seemed out of left field.
    end of spoilers

There's more I can list, but they're the ones coming to me right now

Should also point out that my theater was void of any emotional reaction...very neutral responses, polite laughter at the jokes, and deathly silence at any casualties.
    True. There was no plot in the film. There's no goal in the narrative, no objective in the story. You might as well say everyone stands around for two hours. I'd say that's a fair, impartial observation on your part.

Hmmm, my theater was pretty jovial at the appropriate parts. Something not common among citizens in Macau. Good sign for a film.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 04-26-2018 at 09:21 AM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    Hmmm, my theater was pretty jovial at the appropriate parts. Something not common among citizens in Macau. Good sign for a film.
    The comic geeks in the theater here (and there were many of them), literally whooped, clapped, or cheered in unison whenever an Avenger gave it to one of the villains.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    deathly silence at any casualties.
    isn't that the goal there?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    isn't that the goal there?
    Or maybe they know the death's wont stick, considering several of the casualties have sequels coming out in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Or maybe they know the death's wont stick, considering several of the casualties have sequels coming out in the near future.
    Don't think the casual viewer knows what Marvel has planned. Pretty sure that is the case with most of audience members where I live. I remember a girl being ticked off at the ending scene. Probably has no idea it's a two part film.

Ultimate Member

Don't think the casual viewer knows what Marvel has planned. Pretty sure that is the case with most of audience members where I live. I remember a girl being ticked off at the ending scene. Probably has no idea it's a two part film.
    Exactly.

People are freaking out because they don’t have any idea what Marvel has planned next. In their minds, the guys that died here are dead. Besides, the non snap deaths are probably going to stick.

I expect many of my friends who are watching IW only because of BP to be shocked at what happens in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    While a fair point... too many people focus on that aspect IMO.

In movie Tony Stark doesn't know Person A has a movie. In movie Thor doesn't know Person B has a movie. The reactino of other characters in the movies to the deaths is hits harder than the actual deaths IMO.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Proxima Midnight got nerfed hard!!!!
    The J-man

spoilers:
    Why didn't Peter Dinklage keep a handle near him before he started making the hammer? That's the most annoying thing for me.
    end of spoilers

True. There was no plot in the film.
    I think there was a plot to the film but spoilers:
    it's not centred around the heroes. The goal is for Thanos getting all the gems - the Thanos Quest storyline - and it's the heroes who act as the foils - however people are emotionally attached to the heroes so they can't see past that. Every time Maw or Proxima failed in getting their hands on the gems, the audience should have been "Damn heroes!"
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    I think there was a plot to the film but spoilers:
    it's not centred around the heroes. The goal is for Thanos getting all the gems - the Thanos Quest storyline - and it's the heroes who act as the foils - however people are emotionally attached to the heroes so they can't see past that. Every time Maw or Proxima failed in getting their hands on the gems, the audience should have been "Damn heroes!"
    end of spoilers
    Sarcasm my friend. To say this film doesn't have a plot isn't really using objectivity to critique it.

BANNED

I am emotionally spent, in the best way possible

I made the joke that Dinklage finally got revenge on Oldman on my Facebook page and some dude complained. I thought it was funny and the most vague joke I could make. Plus it's not even intricate to the plot of the movie.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Just got back from it. I thought it was pretty good- not the best, but very good. My problems didn't impact my enjoyment that much. But it very much feels like a 'Part 1 of 2' and it sucks that we have to wait a full year for the follow-up.

While I guess for the lay audience may be shocked by the deaths, as a movie fan that follows these movies I can't help but feel that many of the deaths after the snap won't stick. I do think the ones before will, though.

I went to the fan event, and we had a rowdy crowd. Seems like everyone enjoyed it. A couple of cosplayers, and I was one of them