Page 54 of 102 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

https://apnews.com/amp/53c02e1b8c7f4...mpression=true

Feige: "We're always thinking ahead. Just when people think they can pin us down, we go somewhere else and that's going to happen again after 'Infinity War' in the build-up to the next Avengers film. And we had meetings earlier today about 2024 and 2025."

I have faith in what is to come

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

The one aspect that bothered me, and where I think Death would have been useful as a character, is that Thanos - with all 6 stones - could have expanded the resources in the universe exponentially versus wiping out half the population. There's a lapse in logic with regards to his motives without Death present.

BANNED

Moreso than CA:CW, this was a line-wide summer event brought to life.

And it was glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    https://apnews.com/amp/53c02e1b8c7f4...mpression=true

Feige: "We're always thinking ahead. Just when people think they can pin us down, we go somewhere else and that's going to happen again after 'Infinity War' in the build-up to the next Avengers film. And we had meetings earlier today about 2024 and 2025."

I have faith in what is to come
    Ooo, all the things I like to hear. Which makes me cautious as well as optimistic. Kinda puts me at ease, but how they "think ahead" and start adding more colors to these costumes. No more muting. If there is something we can pin them down on is their affinity for dark colors; unless their name is Ironman or Spiderman.

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    The one aspect that bothered me, and where I think Death would have been useful as a character, is that Thanos - with all 6 stones - could have expanded the resources in the universe exponentially versus wiping out half the population. There's a lapse in logic with regards to his motives without Death present.
    He's not logical, though. He's nuts.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    He's not logical, though. He's nuts.
    You know how it is. People who are nuts are logical in their own heads.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    It was enchanted?
    SHouldn't matter. There's plenty of precedent in the comics for cosmic level power to overcome mystic enchantments when that power is at a certain point. Mjolnir itself was once vaporized by Molecule Man.

I feel like that's more complicated. Alot of things have to change for that. All his plan required was for half the people to disappear. Also prior to the gauntlet he wanted to save his planet with a death lottery. After that trauma hes obsessed with doing that for the universe so he can save it unlike his planet. There alot he coulda done instead of genocide but that's one of the simplest solutions even though again it's only temporary solution anyway. Population will creep back up.

Mighty Member

Not really. What you propose is merely a stopgap measure. It expands the limit that life can expand to, but in no way fundamentally alters the fact that at some point that limit will be reached. You could argue that Thanos might have been able to create a universe with infinite resources, thus able to sustain infinite life, but I'm not sure that iss even within the powers of the Gauntlet, as that would be a fundamentally different universe than this one, with different rules. Thanos knows that no matter what the absolute limit of resources in the universe, provided they are finite, life will eventually stretch beyond their bounds and collapse. More resources just means more time before they hit the limit.

Thanos isn't interested in buying time. In putting off the Apocalypse. He truly believes that balance requires population control. Which, despite his claims that he can now retire and rest, will need to be continually reinforced. Because eventually life will reach critical mass again, given sufficient time. I'm sort of under the impression that Thanos actually thinks that people will see the correctness of his view once they experience life in the new "balance", and will maintain controls themselves. That the people will be converted and be grateful for his wisdom. Which could bode ill when he sees life expanding exponentially again, as it is wont to do.

It's not so much a lapse in logic, as a fundamental misunderstanding of life itself on Thanos' part. Life, as the good Doctor Ian Malcolm of Jurassic Park fame likes to tell us, finds a way.

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    He said "All-father let the dark matter flow through me one last time."
    he said magic not matter
    The J-man

Oddly this movie makes me not all that disturbed or concerned about what’s to come. Prolly cos of the obvious return of several characters and how Avengers 4 is due next year, so it’s just a waiting game.

I’m actually stoked for all the deleted scenes in the Blu-Ray/DVD they promised. In particular I really wanted to see this scene between Corvus and Proxima that was cut, plus any others that could give more character moments to everyone.

Spectacular Member

Did anyone else catch the ten rings of power on ebony maw’s hands . I see the mandarin as the next big movie villain in the next phase after avengers 4 !

This movie was so great and epic and grand and almost everything I wanted. Well, let's say seeing as its a part 1, it's everything I wanted from the first part of the story. The characters all taking stage and fighting Thanos on different fronts while finding or protecting (or even attempting to destroy) Infinity Stones and going through the different characters really kept up the fast pace for me. It really didn't feel like this was one of the longest MCU flicks.

And Thanos was incredible! People were quick to criticize the trailer with Cap holding Thanos off, but it turned out it wasn't through physical strength but the strength of his will, as it was the look in Rogers' eyes that gave Thanos pause. His respect for Tony and genuine love for Gamora made him all the more intriguing to me.

Of course, in part 2, I want more of the core Avengers and how their stories will play out. Nat and Bruce get that awkward meeting after 2 years, but there needs to be more. Rhodey faced a court martial to help Cap, but will there be as easy a reconciliation between Stark and Rogers? Thor may be happier dying in battle than living after having lost his entire family and all his Asgardian friends (except maybe Sif), so is that where his destiny lies? What about Tony's realistic dream about his and Pepper's child? And even though they didn't really follow up on Banner thinking he'd stay as Hulk permanently after Thor Ragnarok, what will his relationship with Hulk be like after all this?

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Will Thor learn the difference betwixt a raccoon and a rabbit?
    Hopefully not. I mean, Rocket isn't even a raccoon, everyone seems to call him a different animal. Mantis even thinks he's a puppy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    Curious if we’ll see another arrested development Easter egg in avengers 4
    My friend noticed the mention in the credits, but neither of us caught the actual Easter Egg. What was it?

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Carol will make it possible for bringing the heroes back to fight Thanos again, but the final killing blow, loathe as I am to admit it, will go to Hulk. He always gets the last blow in these movies. Plus it makes sense that, given his storyline, he is given the chance to exact a sort of revenge and, for lack of a better phrase, reassert his manhood.
    Banner was even counting on Hulk coming in at the end to save the day this time around and it not happening. So maybe he will come back for the final blow. Although he may not be the one to fix the damage that's already been done.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Thanos isn't interested in buying time. In putting off the Apocalypse. He truly believes that balance requires population control. Which, despite his claims that he can now retire and rest, will need to be continually reinforced. Because eventually life will reach critical mass again, given sufficient time. I'm sort of under the impression that Thanos actually thinks that people will see the correctness of his view once they experience life in the new "balance", and will maintain controls themselves. That the people will be converted and be grateful for his wisdom. Which could bode ill when he sees life expanding exponentially again, as it is wont to do.
    Keep in mind, he was seemingly right about Gamora's home planet. He said after he killed half the population, the planet became a Utopia. So they were able to maintain the new balance Thanos gave them. From his POV, that is most likely going to happen throughout the universe (and the alternative is to have worlds tear themselves apart and die like what happened with Titan, so he's got that logic going for him as well).

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dev View Post
    Did anyone else catch the ten rings of power on ebony maw’s hands . I see the mandarin as the next big movie villain in the next phase after avengers 4 !
    Don't count on it Marvel fans have been waiting for that for years already and even with the real Mandarin out there it won't happen.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by Dev View Post
    Really? Didnt notice at all I'll make sure to keep an eye out when I go again.