Page 55 of 102 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
    Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Few quick thoughts.

. Thanos was done incredibly well.
    . Humour was not as obnoxious as Thor 3
    . Space stuff was the best parts, Earth stuff after Stark and co leave wasn't so great/engaging.
    . Interactions were definitely great.

. Vision is a dud character in this MCU don't or didn't care for him at all, and the romance between him and Witch? Nah not buying it.

. Thor star thing was completely unnecessary and time wasting, could have had it work from the start there was literally no consequences or anything that happened when Thor took the star's power, made me question what was even the point.

.Cap and Widow massively sidelined, got nothing barely felt Caps presence and he's not the same without out his iconic shield.

.Hulk stuff was annoying as all hell, a plot point that went nowhere and now will be maybe resolved later?

.Ending didn't leave any emotions impact at all, aside from feeling bad for Peter.

Overall though definitely the best MCU film but it didn't really have that tough a competition, massive improvement over the crap that was CW. Solid 8/10.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    he said magic not matter
    No, having seen it twice now, I'm fairly sure he said matter.

I don't usually worry or quibble over what the writers lay down in these movies. If they say that a hammer created by a white dwarf star can kill someone with 6 gems, then it can. Remember, these gems aren't as powerful as the comic book versions. The comic gems give the wearer senses that let him know what's happening all around him. The movie gems have been depowered.

Astonishing Member

Watched it recently.
    And what a great movie.
    Me being first a comic book fan that actually a MCU movies fan (All though i enjoyed most of the MCU movies so far) i was in doubt that if the story could carry on the greatness of the Jim Starlin stories of Thanos in Infinity Gauntlet.Have do say i was not disapointed there were plenty of references to stories as Inifinity Gauntlet and Infinity to make this comic book fan quite happy.
    And to add to this,it was quite a cool movie that continued the plot from the very first time Thanos apeared in a post credit scene of a MCU movie.
    I was not bored at all during the two and a half hour duration of this movie,and thought over all this is easily one of the best MCU movies.

BANNED

Loki may have decided to voluntarily die with his magic and sit this one out. After all thanos didn't have the mind or reality stone at the time so he can't be sure he was killing a real Loki.
    Gamora couldn't justify her title of the fiercest woman in the galaxy nor did thanos seem particularly despotic or dangerous after crying for her and by basically staying undefeated due to plot devices. The most impressive feat he had was beating the hulk which isn't so impressive after Ragnarok. It seems that the strongest member of the team is going to be thor from now.
    The black widow war machine and falcon had even less to do than the black order. Captain America unmasked seems to be acting out of obligation and didn't seem really interested in the goings on. His team was the most insipid act compared to the space team of avengers comprising Tony strange and Peter. They played excellently off each other and came closest to defeating thanos thor notwithstanding but that doesn't make any sense especially after he has completed the gauntlet.
    The guardians of the galaxy were also pretty ineffective against thanos and in fact two of their number were the reason behind thanos triumph.
    With the newbies dying it's up to the old guard to stop thanos. I wonder how Tony and Steve will reconcile in part two. Perhaps it helps that Bucky is dead. Wonder what Tony's reaction would be to that death. happy that his parents killer is dead? Sympathy for cap or will he be simply to overcome by the deaths to feel much of anything.
    The only way for the avengers to stop thanos seems to be to either construct their own gauntlet or a tesseract but both options don't seem feasible.
    I wonder if thanos screentime will be reduced in the next part and he will be blissfully unaware of the goings on till the avengers come knocking at the climax.
    Captain Mar-vel was a game changer in the comics at least the first time they faced thanos so it could be possible that Carol could play such a role especially if it is shown that she was lost in space in the free skrull war and was taken in by Eon who transforms her into the protector of the universe before sending her back which could also explain her absence up till now but it doesn't seem likely and most probably it is just a Easter egg.
    Wonder if as Tony and strange had different ideas on how to get thanos to not succeed in his quest their will be further such conflict with Tony and Steve who may have radically differing ideas on how to stop thanos. Maybe infinity war 2 will be featuring at least one fight between Tony and Steve just like in marvel vs Capcom infinity game before they kiss and make up.
    I liked Strange peter star Lord and Tony's performance was disappointed with caps team who were just coasting through and disliked heartily drax Thor's and Bruce's performance who were trying to hard to find their rhythm or zone or just rubbed me wrong.
    The plot didn't impress me at all and it could have used some additional work.

Astonishing Member

Y'know. I can't tell if Mantis using her psychic abilities to calm Thanos is an upgrade or downgrade in the MCU.

I mean on the one hand she used it on a Celestial Class being previously (Ego), but it could be handwaved as only being able to do so because Ego made such a mortal body to interact with.

Either way. Loved that bit.

Also I'm really disappointed with how the Cap and Thanos bit went. I honestly thought the buildup from the trailers was Thanos realizing grabbing someone with GREAT WILL with the same hand that allows you to alter reality etc WITH GREAT WILL wouldn't be a good idea. I'm surprised no one else tried to just use the power of the gauntlet while touching it.

But man, Steve can't catch a break. Is killing Bucky and Sam the only way they could think of to have an excuse for Steven to interact with Sharon again? Haha.

Though I still think the only 1 chance in over 14 million possibilities ridiculous considering they almost stopped him completely two times in the film.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post

Keep in mind, he was seemingly right about Gamora's home planet. He said after he killed half the population, the planet became a Utopia. So they were able to maintain the new balance Thanos gave them. From his POV, that is most likely going to happen throughout the universe (and the alternative is to have worlds tear themselves apart and die like what happened with Titan, so he's got that logic going for him as well).
    This is interesting, because in Guardians of the Galaxy when they are all being arrested and booked, their bios come up on the screen and it says Gamora is the last survivor of her planet. So either Thanos is lying about her planet being a utopia, Nova corps has the wrong info, or it's a continuity error.
    gamora.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by icctrombone View Post
    I don't usually worry or quibble over what the writers lay down in these movies. If they say that a hammer created by a white dwarf star can kill someone with 6 gems, then it can. Remember, these gems aren't as powerful as the comic book versions. The comic gems give the wearer senses that let him know what's happening all around him. The movie gems have been depowered.
    I'm with you on this.

I was entertained enough by the movie I'm gladly willing to overlook things that would not normally make sense. This actually makes sense. I also don't mind that some characters were out shined by others.

I loved this movie. For me, it was the most fun movie-going experience since the Star Wars original trilogy. Yes, I was 6, 9, and 12 when those movies came out. I felt like a kid again seeing Thanos, my favorite villain, chew the scenery and battle my favorite heroes.

I'm in the minority that feels Gamora was not deadweight in the GOTG movies. She didn't get enough action scenes to show she's the deadliest woman in the universe. But, here in IW, I swore I heard a character refer to her as "one of the most dangerous in the galaxy". I was a bit sad to see her plunge to her death, and hope that she is part of Soul World so that she has a chance to come back. Since she is listed for upcoming flicks, that has to be how she returns.

I loved the Titan strike force team scenes. The Wakanda battle was epic, especially Thor's return and Wanda's moments.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by kmeyers View Post
    This is interesting, because in Guardians of the Galaxy when they are all being arrested and booked, their bios come up on the screen and it says Gamora is the last survivor of her planet. So either Thanos is lying about her planet being a utopia, Nova corps has the wrong info, or it's a continuity error.
    gamora.jpg
    I'd love for it to be Thanos lying, but it's more than likely a continuity error.

I can't shake the feeling that if 1/2 of Earth's population suddenly died, we'd lose another 1/4 in the next year because of war and madness, and the rest over a decade from not being able to man all the stations.

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    I'm in the minority that feels Gamora was not deadweight in the GOTG movies.
    She's not dead weight. She's all the weight. Which is why her subtraction from the chemistry is compelling.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 04-30-2018 at 06:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I'd love for it to be Thanos lying, but it's more than likely a continuity error.

I can't shake the feeling that if 1/2 of Earth's population suddenly died, we'd lose another 1/4 in the next year because of war and madness, and the rest over a decade from not being able to man all the stations.
    Yeah, that's another option. Thanos may not even know and just assumed it's now a utopia when in fact they ripped each other apart (nuclear type wars/self induced planet extinction event)after he left her planet. He definitely is the type to assume his plan would pan out the way he expected it to.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Loved this film. Saw it twice this weekend. The audience was really into it. Cap's big entrance in Scotland and Thor showing up in Wakanda got cheers.

The humor was spot-on. Never detracted from the weight of the story like Ragnarok (which I still loved, but you never had a chance to feel Thor's pain in spite of everything tragic going on around him). Also kept this from being an oppressively dark film in spite of its content.

I think Thor and Dr. Strange had the biggest moments.

My only real gripe has nothing to do with the film itself. The Marvel Studios' characterization of Spidey leaves me cold. I don't like the "Stark protégée" angle and they seem determined to miss every conceivable opportunity to remind people that Peter's first priority is Aunt May. It's all subject to personal interpretation, but I never saw Spider-Man as the guy who would leap on an alien spaceship without at least taking the time to consider what might happen to May if he dies. I think he'd get on the spaceship but only grudgingly, worried about what could happen to people if he didn't. But Marvel Studios continues to characterize his primary motivation as impressing Stark and the Avengers.

At the very least, Peter should have asked Tony to take care of May when he was fading away, instead of the "I don't want to go" line. I get what they're going for--he's a scared kid--but the comics Spidey (at least the 616 version) has an antisocial streak of defiance about him this one lacks. Scared internally, sure, but Spidey tends to project cockiness.

But this didn't take away from my enjoyment of the film in the slightest. I think it's a stunning and unique cinematic achievement. They're really created something special.

Infinity War is the greatest CBM of all time.

Thanos is the greatest CBM villain of all time.

I'll say it until it sinks in for those still thinking nonsense ITT.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Edwards View Post
    Infinity War is the greatest CBM of all time.

Thanos is the greatest CBM villain of all time.

I'll say it until it sinks in for those still thinking nonsense ITT.
    Infinity War isn't the greatest,but it's certainly the most ambitious CBM of all time and delivered,although not without its problems.

Thanos is the best MCU villain,but i can't say he topples McKellen's Magneto or Nicholson and Ledger's Joker. But it's up there with them and that's an achievement,considering that Joker and Magneto already had a fanbase outside of comics.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    Infinity War isn't the greatest,but it's certainly the most ambitious CBM of all time and delivered,although not without its problems.

Thanos is the best MCU villain,but i can't say he topples McKellen's Magneto or Nicholson and Ledger's Joker. But it's up there with them and that's an achievement,considering that Joker and Magneto already had a fanbase outside of comics.
    I'd put Thanos as a greater villain than Joker. Just from the standpoint that the character doesn't have any nuances. He's just full-on crazy. Magneto is more nuanced as well. However, I'd say that Thanos is neck and neck with Killmonger as greatest CBM villain.