Page 6 of 102 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

I dont mind the "part 1" thing.

LotR trilogy is my favorite movie of all time (extended editions of course) so maybe I am just weird.

I actually think this movie needed another 30 minutes to breath

But I thought it was great. It really was a Thanos movie which was stunning... I thought thta was mostly lip service.

I have no idea what the plot of Avengers 4 is going to be. Like no idea lol. im assuming quantum realm shenannigans
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

It’s official now. Superhero movies have peaked. Black Panther was the apex. Infinity War could not live up to the hype.

Damn. That's all I have to say. Damn.

Since this is the spoilers thread do we have to use spoilers tags or no?

Until I get an answer on that, I will just mention one early spoiler. Since the film picks up right where the Thor Ragnork post credit scene leaves off, do that mean Valkyrie and Korg were killed off screen? Or did I miss their bodies on the floor at the start?

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I dont mind the "part 1" thing.

LotR trilogy is my favorite movie of all time (extended editions of course) so maybe I am just weird.

I actually think this movie needed another 30 minutes to breath

But I thought it was great. It really was a Thanos movie which was stunning... I thought thta was mostly lip service.

I have no idea what the plot of Avengers 4 is going to be. Like no idea lol. im assuming quantum realm shenannigans
    It's not weird, I like those movies as well. I guess it's just since then, we've had several final books broken up into two movies- Deathly Hallows Parts 1 &2, Breaking Dawn Part's 1 & 2, and those movies always come out within a few months of each other, and I've gotten used to that.

So the next Marvel movie is Ant-Man and the Wasp. I wonder if the end of that movie will play in to the end of this one? Also, when is Captain Marvel supposed to come out?

Finally, maybe it's because I just watched the first Iron Man again, but did anyone else think that Thanos kinda looked and sounded like Jeff Bridges?

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    It’s official now. Superhero movies have peaked. Black Panther was the apex. Infinity War could not live up to the hype.
    Huh?! This movie definitely lived up to the hype for me. Why did you hate it?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    Since this is the spoilers thread do we have to use spoilers tags or no?

Until I get an answer on that, I will just mention one early spoiler. Since the film picks up right where the Thor Ragnork post credit scene leaves off, do that mean Valkyrie and Korg were killed off screen? Or did I miss their bodies on the floor at the start?
    I didn't see them, and I was looking. Thor later says that half his people were killed by Thanos- I took that to mean there were survivors, but where were they?

Also, as someone who isn't as familiar with the comic version of Thanos, has he been shown to be able to go toe-to-toe with Hulk?

THIS WAS AWESOOOOME!!!! Looking forward to what the MCU will be offering now, this movie and Black Panther made me go back to those feelings I haven’t experienced with an MCU movie for a while

EDIT: I went with five friends, every one found it great, even one who enjoys few MCU movies. The audience in the theater seemed to have loved it. Laughter, surprises, astonishment, I felt all those things and more in the rest of the people and in myself
    Last edited by Chubistian; 04-26-2018 at 08:30 PM.
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I didn't see them, and I was looking. Thor later says that half his people were killed by Thanos- I took that to mean there were survivors, but where were they?

Also, as someone who isn't as familiar with the comic version of Thanos, has he been shown to be able to go toe-to-toe with Hulk?
    Yes, Hulk has fought Thanos in the comics and much like the movie, Thanos is more powerful, but Hulk has given him a fight a few times. I guess Korg and co fate is up in the air.

Huh?! This movie definitely lived up to the hype for me. Why did you hate it?
    Didn’t say I hated it, but the movie offered me nothing new. For the most part I kept waiting to be engrossed in a way that I, unfortunately, never was.

I’ll give them points for having Thor show up to (almost) save the day like the freakin’ God of Thunder that he is. That was a true “Avengers” moment.

ETA: It was as if the Russos, who till now had always managed to rise above the formula, caved into it this time.
    Last edited by Largo161; 04-26-2018 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    Didn’t say I hated it, but the movie offered me nothing new. For the most part I kept waiting to be engrossed in a way that I, unfortunately, never was.

I’ll give them points for having Thor show up to (almost) save the day like the freakin’ God of Thunder that he is. That was a true “Avengers” moment.
    If you been following these movies for the past 10 years, there should have been something here that engrossed you. I am a comic reader and fan of the movies and was very much engrossed from the start to finish. My only nitpicks is that I wish the Black order got a bit more character development. Honestly, I can’t really find too much to dislike about this. This has a huge smile for the majority of the run time. But I understand some might be fatigued or whatever that might be.

People in my theater were *not* happy with the Captain Marvel end credits scene. "We waited this long for her?!"

To be honest someone on the reddit forums must secretly work for Marvel Studios because a poster made predictions about what would happen in this movie back in November when the first teaser trailer launched. I read them back then and read them tonight and they were like eerily spot on. Red Skull returning, Loki’s exact death etc. They did the same with Force Awakens.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    People in my theater were *not* happy with the Captain Marvel end credits scene. "We waited this long for her?!"
    About half the crowd at my showing clapped and the other half were like who’s symbol was that? Lol

Honestly it was everything I could have hoped for, the only character who needed time to flesh out was Thanos, that's it, everyone else has had years and numerous other movies and are all completely fleshed out at this point, that's the point of making the movies this way, so when you get to the team up movie you don't have to waste time to get invested in the characters, you're already there.

And dear God did they flesh out Thanos, I honestly think Thanos is by far the best most interesting and well done villain to ever be in a comic book hero, Hell he's a great villain by any film metric, it's astonishing how well he lived up to the hype of all these brief roles and after credit scenes

spoilers:
    Red Skull's cameo caught me completely by surprise, like I had no inkling whatsoever we'd ever see him again, and it's perfect
    end of spoilers

I won't get into the individual deaths, just taken as a whole, it was honestly hard to watch by the end, like gut punches

Also think this movie needed to be a two parter, they're already putting an amazing amount of content into this half, it's be impossible to resolve everything without utterly demolishing the pacing and feeling anticlimatic

If you been following these movies for the past 10 years, there should have been something here that engrossed you. I am a comic reader and fan of the movies and was very much engrossed from the start to finish. My only nitpicks is that I wish the Black order got a bit more character development. Honestly, I can’t really find too much to dislike about this. This has a huge smile for the majority of the run time. But I understand some might be fatigued or whatever that might be.
    Eh, they were henchmen at the end of the day, looked pretty cool, Maw in particular was fun, but as a whole they didn't matter enough in the long run, and it would have taken time away from Thanos, who killed it in every scene he was in