Page 7 of 102 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Who was left with Tony at the end there?

I thought RDJ death acting was tremendous how he was flamoxed by Starlords death and Spider-Man’s death. Superb.

Thanos trading the soul gem for his one love Gamora? Thanos only loved death! But in the MCU I suppose even a merciless tyrant could have sentiment for a child.

I’m shocked by this movie. I was thinking as Thanos got the last gem, he is going to kill half the population of the universe, but the Avengers will stop this. Doctor Strange will stop this. But then we saw half of them all disappear at the end.

Does anybody know the Nick Fury signal he sent out at the end? Blue and red background, Crystal in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    On Titan? No one, he's alone

Does anybody know the Nick Fury signal he sent out at the end? Blue and red background, Crystal in the middle?
    That's Captain Marvel's symbol

Incredible Member idisestablish's Avatar

I noticed several people asking a question about the Scarlet Witch, which puzzles me since I feel like they basically beat us over the head with the answer.

spoilers:
    The reason that she was powerful enough to hold back Thanos is because her power is derived from one of the Infinity Stones. That's the same reason she was capable of destroying it.
    end of spoilers

Also, I have a theory about Vision that contradicts what a lot of people are saying.

spoilers:
    A lot of people are saying that the pre-disintegration deaths will stick, and while I agree for the most part, I think Vision may be the exception. They went out of their way to tell us that there was more to Vision than the Mind Stone, and Shuri was working furiously at separating it from him, having nearly finished. That, along with the fact that he became monochromatic once it was removed, leads me to believe that they will actually be able to revive him. I think this was an allusion to the comics when he was rebuilt in a colorless body with his memories in tact but without emotions. They may not follow that exactly, but I think the MCU Vision will be revived, probably still colorless and if not emotionless, either a blank slate without his previous memories or with a significantly altered personality.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Captain Marvel, of course.
    end of spoilers

I thought RDJ death acting was tremendous how he was flamoxed by Starlords death and Spider-Man’s death. Superb.

Thanos trading the soul gem for his one love Gamora? Thanos only loved death! But in the MCU I suppose even a merciless tyrant could have sentiment for a child.

I’m shocked by this movie. I was thinking as Thanos got the last gem, he is going to kill half the population of the universe, but the Avengers will stop this. Doctor Strange will stop this. But then we saw half of them all disappear at the end.

He was sending a message to Captain Marvel ( Brie Larson).

Nebula is with Tony at the planet. She got there under her own accord, so at least he has a way off the planet.

Oh yeah, forgot about her

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    Oh yeah, after the events of this film I wonder if that is going to effect Marvel TV in anyway.

spoilers:
    Half of the population of Earth is going to cause huge problems for the planet. I don't see how the planet could sustain itself honestly. But would that play out on shows like the next season of Daredevil? Or Agents of Shield (don't watch that anymore). Wondering if this big catastrophe is going to be consistent in all phases of the MCU.
    end of spoilers
    Me too, but not sure TV will need to adjust, because their stories fall between the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by idisestablish View Post
    I noticed several people asking a question about the Scarlet Witch, which puzzles me since I feel like they basically beat us over the head with the answer.

spoilers:
    The reason that she was powerful enough to hold back Thanos is because her power is derived from one of the Infinity Stones. That's the same reason she was capable of destroying it.
    end of spoilers

Also, I have a theory about Vision that contradicts what a lot of people are saying.

spoilers:
    A lot of people are saying that the pre-disintegration deaths will stick, and while I agree for the most part, I think Vision may be the exception. They went out of their way to tell us that there was more to Vision than the Mind Stone, and Shuri was working furiously at separating it from him, having nearly finished. That, along with the fact that he became monochromatic once it was removed, leads me to believe that they will actually be able to revive him. I think this was an allusion to the comics when he was rebuilt in a colorless body with his memories in tact but without emotions. They may not follow that exactly, but I think the MCU Vision will be revived, probably still colorless and if not emotionless, either a blank slate without his previous memories or with a significantly altered personality.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Yep thats what I think will happen, he'll be back but all his love that he felt for her will be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    On Titan? No one, he's alone

That's Captain Marvel's symbol
    Thanks Hiromi.

I felt sure someone didn’t disintegrate on Titan besides Tony. Nebula?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Nebula is with Tony at the planet. She got there under her own accord, so at least he has a way off the planet.
    Thanks Cyke. I was sure someone was there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I think Mantis picked her up so they are technically stranded on Titan.

She had her own ship, she rammed him with it

If it's still working is anyone's guess but I'd think they'll need some way to get off the planet

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Words can't express how I felt about the movie. I know most of it will be reversed in the sequel but that was insane.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by idisestablish View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    I had the exact same thought once I saw the colorless husk. Man I hope this all ends with a non bendis version new avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    She had her own ship, she rammed him with it

If it's still working is anyone's guess but I'd think they'll need some way to get off the planet
    Well Tony's a walking power source, she's a cache of parts that have been shown to work as jumper cables and conduits before. The Guardians also made it to Titan earlier, so the Milano should still be around.

I'm wondering if they would explore the old Titan ruins and tech, maybe power up some, and actually see the history of Titan. Could be important to understanding Thanos' history and help to defeat him in the next movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin705 View Post
    I had the exact same thought once I saw the colorless husk. Man I hope this all ends with a non bendis version new avengers.
    Never thought we'd see that version of Vision too, though I suspect part of the shock for everyone is his disinterest in what has happened to Wanda. Until such a time there's some kind of climatic trigger thing and he's back to his old self.

It's pretty obvious that both Clint's family and Scott's family will have vanished as well, but I wonder who else evaporated. Have a feeling Wong and Pepper survived the wave. Pym is probably gone, with Hope surviving.