Page 8 of 102 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Prolly too soon for speculation, but I'm thinking we're going to see a version of Eternity soon.

He was alluded to by name in GotG vol2, the Mind Stone has been shown to be a sort of separate consciousness from Vision, the Soul Stone's entire trial shows there's a kind of morality and desire to punish hubris, so I feel they're also going to adapt the Stones' origin as a single 'original being' but combine it with the concept of Eternity.

Dormammu's depiction in Dr Strange is also actually fairly similar to Eternity, so they may set this concept that each 'universe' can have its own all-encompassing entity.

Maybe not a full manifestation, but since Adarm Warlock is also going to be a thing, maybe Eternity operating through an avatar like Adam? To confront Thanos similar to the comics?

I liked it. A lot. But I have to say I thought the stakes would be higher.

Honestly Thanos's display of emotion and inner conflict during the Soul Stone scene did a lot to redeem the damage Steppenwolf did to CGI characters in my eyes, I agree some of the CGI in the film was bad, but everything involving Thanos was excellent

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    I'm genuinely curious but how do you think they could have been higher than the instant erasure of half the universe's life with the villain attaining an artifact that makes him a virtual God?

Edit:
    You know I didn't think of it at the time, but Dr Strange giving Thanos the time gem must have been the one scenario that led to them winning somehow, that could be an interesting plot threat going forward
    Last edited by Hiromi; 04-26-2018 at 10:04 PM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

These films depend way too much on CGI. Bad CGI, frankly. There's no sense of scale, or "place". Slap some make up on Josh Brolin and let him play Thanos. His lackeys looked very bad. This flick would be a ton of fun with sets and costumes.

All the stuff with Thor and the hammer was cool, though. I liked him a lot. Captain America too, of course.

Doctor Strange was the worst. I think the whole presentation of him/his world is uninspired.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 04-26-2018 at 10:09 PM.

So it looks like the original Avengers are still alive, plus some sidekicks.

Iron Man
    Captain America
    Thor
    Hulk
    Black Widow
    War Machine
    Okoye
    Shuri
    Rocket
    Nebula
    Wong
    Hawkeye (probably)
    Ant Man (maybe)
    Wasp (maybe)

Am I missing anyone else?
    Ugh, I can't wait for the next movie. It's such a good idea to downsize the cast and focus on the real main characters of the first three phases.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    Pepper Potts I think. No on-cam dissolve or voice cutting off.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

The ending was disappointing as hell. If they hadn't killed off spoilers:
    Spider-Man and Black Panther,
    end of spoilers I might think they'd let some of the deaths stick, but since they're contractually obligated to make spoilers:
    Spider-Man 2,
    end of spoilerswe know that the next film is going to be Infinity Gauntlet and that most of the deaths are going to be reversed.
    Last edited by RikWriter; 04-26-2018 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    Higher stakes? They killed off half the cast at the end and various others throughout, how could the stakes be higher?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post

Iron Man
    Captain America
    Thor
    Hulk
    Black Widow
    War Machine
    Okoye
    Shuri
    Rocket
    Nebula
    Wong
    Hawkeye (probably)
    Ant Man (maybe)
    Wasp (maybe)

Am I missing anyone else?
    Ugh, I can't wait for the next movie. It's such a good idea to downsize the cast and focus on the real main characters of the first three phases.
    Captain Marvel because Fury pages her at the end.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Who was left with Tony at the end there?

I thought RDJ death acting was tremendous how he was flamoxed by Starlords death and Spider-Man’s death. Superb.

Thanos trading the soul gem for his one love Gamora? Thanos only loved death! But in the MCU I suppose even a merciless tyrant could have sentiment for a child.

I’m shocked by this movie. I was thinking as Thanos got the last gem, he is going to kill half the population of the universe, but the Avengers will stop this. Doctor Strange will stop this. But then we saw half of them all disappear at the end.

Does anybody know the Nick Fury signal he sent out at the end? Blue and red background, Crystal in the middle?
    Almost certainly Captain Marvel as she is going to be appearing in the next Avengers film and has her own movie coming out next year

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    spoilers:
    This was the best movie experience I've ever had in a theater. Before that I'd say it was The Dark Knight in 2008, and then the The Avengers in 2012. This tops both of those easily, and just in terms of pure excitement, it's the best movie I've ever seen. This was everything I wanted, and more. From start to finish. I'm guessing people might have issue with some of the pacing of the movie, but I can't fault it really because this is just a big build up relying on previous films with a huge cast. It has to jump around and juggle screen time for everyone, and it does that very well given the circumstances. Thanos was a much better villain that I thought he would be. Brolin did a terrific job. Even with all that is going on, the movie makes a decent effort to find time to focus on him and his aspirations. I'm still deciding if taking Thano's big motivation factor from the comics away was the right call. Here, it comes off as him really trying to rule the universe in his image, and not trying to do it to impress anyone else. I'm leaning towards it being a good call now that I'm typing this.
    end of spoilers

Of course, now I have questions

spoilers:
    Did Valkyrie perish along with the rest of the Asgardians? She's supposed to be in future films.

Nick Fury tried to message Captain Marvel. Why though? What could she do with what happened regarding Thanos' decision to wipe out half the universe?

I'm guessing Red Skull is just a one time appearance thing?

Wait, Thanos whooped the Hulk? How is that possible?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    if Thanos jobs to Carol, I'm gonna be pissed. Anyways...yes I think the people that "died" are probably trapped in the Soul stone. That is what I think Strange saw, finding a way to stop Thanos via someone or something inside the soul stone. I think he realized that no one was going to intentionally job for Thanos, so he didn't tell anyone. Remember how Quinn said it was his plan? Anyways just a thought.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    Right. So it's basically just an advert for Captain Marvel coming. The way Fury reacted made it seem to me like he knew something. But I guess I can see him just deciding to contact his ace in the hole when he started to see folks immediately vanish.
    Have we seen the Kree before, because Carol Danvers got her powers from them? Maybe the Kree have come across the Infinity Stones before and know what to do?

I forgot how much I liked the Iron Spider costume in action, there's just so much in this movie to digest, will be seeing it again after the opening weekend rush dies down

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Have we seen the Kree before, because Carol Danvers got her powers from them? Maybe the Kree have come across the Infinity Stones before and know what to do?
    ...I mean I know he wasn't the best of villains but you're already forgotten him?

lots of Kree in Agents of Shield for what thats worth

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    On Titan? No one, he's alone
    Pretty sure Nebula didn't vanish.