Page 9 of 102 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    Pretty sure Nebula didn't vanish.
    yep, forgot about her

Also looking like it's REALLY good for Sif that Jaimie Alexander was busy during Thor 3 filming

Also looking back on it it's kind of funny how Thanos humiliated Hulk so badly in the opening scene that he was scared to come back out the entire rest of the movie, guessing him getting over it will be a plot point next year

I was thinking about something recently regarding the Gauntlet. In the film, it appears that it really differs from the comic in a couple of ways. First is that the power is nerfed incredibly, which I think is understandable. If it was like how it was in the original comics, it would be pointless to even try and stop Thanos. Thanos isn't a genie here when he puts it on more so that he has access to powers that do very specific things. He can still be killed if someone chops of his head or lose the gauntlet if someone cuts off his arm.

The second thing, is that they didn't make the Guantlet like The One Ring where anyone can put it on, but they are at risk of going drunk with power in their own version of how the universe should be ruled. Or that it would take too great of a toll for some people to wield it. Nothing hints of that kind of consequence if one puts on the glove.

Third, after Thanos snapped his fingers the Gauntlet was smoking as if it was down for the count. So I wonder now if it can be used anymore. If not, the Avengers will obviously have to find another way to fix things. Can't just steal it back. Thanos had to get back to his farm wherever that was though. So the Space stone still needed to utilized to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Also looking back on it it's kind of funny how Thanos humiliated Hulk so badly in the opening scene that he was scared to come back out the entire rest of the movie, guessing him getting over it will be a plot point next year
    You're the first person that I've heard bring this up as to why Hulk wouldn't return, and I think you're right. He seemed like he is scared that he got his ass whooped. Weird.

The opening sequence made me drop my jaw though. Reminded me when I saw this for the first time.

I was thinking about something recently regarding the Gauntlet. In the film, it appears that it really differs from the comic in a couple of ways. First is that the power is nerfed incredibly, which I think is understandable. If it was like how it was in the original comics, it would be pointless to even try and stop Thanos. Thanos isn't a genie here when he puts it on more so that he has access to powers that do very specific things. He can still be killed if someone chops of his head or lose the gauntlet if someone cuts off his arm.

The second thing, is that they didn't make the Guantlet like The One Ring where anyone can put it on, but they are at risk of going drunk with power in their own version of how the universe should be ruled. Or that it would take too great of a toll for some people to wield it. Nothing hints of that kind of consequence if one puts on the glove.

Third, after Thanos snapped his fingers the Gauntlet was smoking as if it was down for the count. So I wonder now if it can be used anymore. If not, the Avengers will obviously have to find another way to fix things. Can't just steal it back. Thanos had to get back to his farm wherever that was though. So the Space stone still needed to utilized to leave.
    He was still able to use the space gem fine, so the individual gems should be working fine would think either the time gem or reality gem should easily be able to fix it

You're the first person that I've heard bring this up as to why Hulk wouldn't return, and I think you're right. He seemed like he is scared that he got his ass whooped. Weird.
    I mean it makes sense, he was always considered the strongest Avenger(Banner's password) and he'd spent years on Sakaar being celebrated as the undefeated rock star of the ring, and then Thanos just crushes him without breaking a sweat, I think it really sent a blow to his ego
    Last edited by Hiromi; 04-26-2018 at 11:24 PM.

The opening sequence made me drop my jaw though. Reminded me when I saw this for the first time.

It's suppose to be about Hulk growing up IMO. Hulk only has his bluster and confidence cause he think 'he's the strongest there is'. But his humiliation by Thanos, coupled with how he actually got injured by the Fenris wolf back in Ragnarok, Hulk is basically finally realizing he's not as indomitable as he thinks he is.

He's still like a child mentally, mortality actually scares him. Accepting your mortality is the first step to actually growing up and having real courage, so I feel that's the kind of 'character growth' Hulk is going to have. Though I also think it's ending up where both psyches of Banner and Hulk have to merge.

So umm...someone please tell me there is an explanation for:

spoilers:
    Why didn't Strange just use the Time Stone to reverse what happened after Quill ruined everything?
    end of spoilers

...I mean I know he wasn't the best of villains but you're already forgotten him?

lots of Kree in Agents of Shield for what thats worth
    Yeah. How soon I forget. GOTG1 had a lot of Kree, and they kept that purple gem too. How did Thanos get a hold of that?

spoilers:
    Why didn't Strange just use the Time Stone to reverse what happened after Quill ruined everything?
    end of spoilers
    Cause he had taken it out of the Eye by then

keep in mind he had just specifically pointed out he'd only seen them win in one of a whole bunch of alternate futures, which means Thanos winning and getting the stone that was was almost certainly a requirement, and also makes sense on how he reversed from his previous declaration of sacrificing everyone to protect the stone

and his last line was "it was the only way"

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Yeah. How soon I forget. GOTG1 had a lot of Kree, and they kept that purple gem too. How did Thanos get a hold of that?

Thor mentioned that Thanos had already decimated Xandar and taken the stone when he was talking to the Guardians

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    He was busy holding down Thanos' non-gauntlet side with some tentacle things. He was basically the leverage for Tony and Peter to pull the gauntlet off Thanos other arm, so he couldn't stop and use the time gem. Strange had also hidden the gem away in a pocket dimension so it wasn't easily available in the Eye of Agamotto.
    end of spoilers

I noticed after Thanos snapped his fingers and Thanos landed at his farm, the Guantlet was gone from his hand. Is it a single use thing?

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Yeah I know. That was what I was thinking. In fact that’s how I think this is all going to be reversed with either Dr Dooms Time Machine, or, the Time gem.

It looked shriveled after using it, but he was clearly wearing it and used the Space Gem to leave so he still has it, and the gems still work, probably took it off just to relax

And he also has at least two gems that you'd think would be able to repair it(time or reality) so i'd expect it to be back to form by the next movie

keep in mind he had just specifically pointed out he'd only seen them win in one of a whole bunch of alternate futures, which means Thanos winning and getting the stone that was was almost certainly a requirement, and also makes sense on how he reversed from his previous declaration of sacrificing everyone to protect the stone

Thor mentioned that Thanos had already decimated Xandar and taken the stone when he was talking to the Guardians
    Thanks for reminding me Hiromi.

It looked shriveled after using it, but he was clearly wearing it and used the Space Gem to leave so he still has it, and the gems still work, probably took it off just to relax

And he also has at least two gems that you'd think would be able to repair it(time or reality) so i'd expect it to be back to form by the next movie
    I never saw the shrivelled glove, so maybe you’re right.

I guess that makes sense to a degree if he hid it before the fight. Wouldn't it have been smarter to keep it on his person though? I'm guessing the battle plan they went with though before Thanos arrived was the one that gave them the best chance to win right? It's hard for me to believe that Quill going nuts was the difference between the plan working and not working. If "this was the only way", why didn't they go with "that way" then? Unless that was just the backup plan.