Page 92 of 102 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1523
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    Thanos probably had to lay low since Asgard was still around along with Odin. He couldn't get the Gauntlet made, because that place of Dwarves was protected by Asgard.
    He had the Gauntlet made before Asgard was destroyed. It was shown in Age of Ultron post-credit scene and there was a fake of it in Thor 1 & 3. How can you make a fake of something that doesn’t exist?
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 05-14-2018 at 06:17 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    He had the Gauntlet made before Asgard was destroyed. It was shown in Age of Ultron post-credit scene and there was fake of it in Thor 1 & 3. How can you make a fake of something that doesn’t exist?
    Obviously, the design was out there, just no one dared create it yet. Perhaps Odin thought he could lure anyone who wanted all the stones to Asgard, if he pretended to have the means of controlling them.

In Thor 3, Thor comes home and berates 'Odin', saying that he'd found the 9 realms in chaos. Basically, sometime after Dark World Thanos realized that Asgard was asleep at the switch, and had the gauntlet forged and dwarves killed.

So it's basically Loki's fault :P

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Obviously, the design was out there, just no one dared create it yet. Perhaps Odin thought he could lure anyone who wanted all the stones to Asgard, if he pretended to have the means of controlling them.

In Thor 3, Thor comes home and berates 'Odin', saying that he'd found the 9 realms in chaos. Basically, sometime after Dark World Thanos realized that Asgard was asleep at the switch, and had the gauntlet forged and dwarves killed.

So it's basically Loki's fault :P
    Or the answer is most like that it’s been retconned, like Gamora’s background. Thor’s response to Eitri‘s question of why didn’t Asgard helped them was “Asgard was destroyed” indicating it was after Ragnarok.

Ultimate Member

Or the answer is most like that it’s been retconned, like Gamora’s background. Thor’s response to Eitri‘s question of why didn’t Asgard helped them was “Asgard was destroyed” indicating it was after Ragnarok.
    It's easier to say that, than say 'Loki impersonated Odin and neglected Asgard's responsibilities, allowing Thanos to force you to make the gauntlet'.

Thor Ragnarok happened only days before Infinity War, at best. And Thor would have no way of knowing when the place was attacked

It's easier to say that, than say 'Loki impersonated Odin and neglected Asgard's responsibilities, allowing Thanos to force you to make the gauntlet'.

Thor Ragnarok happened only days before Infinity War, at best. And Thor would have no way of knowing when the place was attacked
    Its not hard saying “Loki took over Asgard at the time”.

I found the whole idea that Thor was wrong to be silly.

Ultimate Member

Its not hard saying “Loki took over Asgard at the time”.

I found the whole idea that Thor was wrong to be silly.
    Because Loki was still a prince, and thus that wouldn't be a valid defense for Asgard not doing it's job. Saying Asgard has been destroyed is accurate (how long were they dealing with Hela anyways?), and placates the anger of the person Thor needs to build him a weapon to kill Thanos

Because Loki was still a prince, and thus that wouldn't be a valid defense for Asgard not doing it's job. Saying Asgard has been destroyed is accurate (how long were they dealing with Hela anyways?), and placates the anger of the person Thor needs to build him a weapon to kill Thanos
    I’m pretty sure the Dwarves would know by now that Loki went rogue back in 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    They need to move on from Jane. They missed the boat. Tony and pepper is the only earned relationship imo. Steve and peggy was done well acting wise but felt rushed. Starlord Gamora was being handled well with a real slow burn but Infinity war had to force a jump forward that was too much of a leap imo. Some of the younger franchises have potential Black panther and Antman specifically. But yea Jane/Thor steve/Sharon aren't happening for me.
    Steve and Peggy didn't feel rush to me because First Avenger took place over about two years at least between his training, his film and stage career, and service with the Howling Commandos. I know it wasn't all shown but knowing all that time went by made it feel nature to me.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Heavens to All Father I hope not. Natalie Portman as Thor is not an idea that excites me. There's other actresses I could see in the role, but not her.
    Portman is done with the Thor movies and hopefully all Marvel movies. If they want to do a female Thor, give it to Sif.
    sif.jpg

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by kmeyers View Post
    Portman is done with the Thor movies and hopefully all Marvel movies. If they want to do a female Thor, give it to Sif.
    sif.jpg
    I Second this motion!

Obviously, the design was out there, just no one dared create it yet. Perhaps Odin thought he could lure anyone who wanted all the stones to Asgard, if he pretended to have the means of controlling them
    Odd that a design to harness the power of all the Infinity stones would be 'out there', seeing as no one has possessed two stones, let alone all six. They couldn't even conceive of a way to store the Aether, they just buried it where they found it. Now there's a design to store all six Infinity stones, but not one? Not even a design for a necklace or ring?

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    She would do it for the right role as well. I don't think she'll ever come back to be a love interest.

(Maybe they got her for a cameo for the next movie...but I suspect they might mention her in passing or something...)
    I would even cheer her for that, that she will do roles where the character exists unto themselves without the only reason for them being there to be the love interest of another character.
    Power with Girl is better.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    Odd that a design to harness the power of all the Infinity stones would be 'out there', seeing as no one has possessed two stones, let alone all six. They couldn't even conceive of a way to store the Aether, they just buried it where they found it. Now there's a design to store all six Infinity stones, but not one? Not even a design for a necklace or ring?
    The Asgardians feared the possibility for a while. They gave the Collector the reality stone, stating that they didn't want to keep two infinity stones near one another

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kmeyers View Post
    sif.jpg
    Absolutely.

I've always found Sif to be extraordinarily bland. That could just be the writing of two terrible movies, of course, but I was much more interested in Valkyrie.

Though, female Thor or not, keeping Thor and Portman separate is ok in my book.