Page 98 of 102 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102 LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1523
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post
    I think the clap was more the doing of the reality stone than Thanos. He probably just willed it to create an authentic illusion or whatever it was and the stone took it from there.
    Ya know, I don't recall, did we see Collector's body? Because if he heard Thanos was coming, he could have just high tailed it and left the gem behind. No body, no death.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by OceanStar View Post
    So,was Bane more Thanos-like (strength wise) than MCU Thanos?? ������

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVFi6Pb4Guw
    Not unless Bane had a DCEU analog to the Power Stone in his mask (which would actually explain a lot, since he turned into a disappointing parody of his comic-self after Batman damaged his Darth Vader Cosplay appliance.).

One thing I haven't thought much about is what they will do after the Thanos storyline. Where do we go from here? Whoever dies or doesn't die in the next Avengers movie, who will be the big bad after that? And what will the end credits to Infinity War 2 be? I remember being very happy and surprised when Thanos showed up at the end of the first Avengers. At the end of Infinity War I was disappointed to see the Captain Marvel tease since we know that movie is already in the works. I want to see something we have no idea will be coming!

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Maybe Galactus, if Comcast doesn't screw up the Fox deal for everyone.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Or, you know, that's how the Collector acts? Because he does.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Alternatively, The Stone is deeply reading its weilder's wants, perhaps even making copy of the weilder's persona inside itself to dictate the details for as long as the rewritten reality lasts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I saw it as a cheesy way to transition the scene from the fake reality to the true reality. The slow clap of foreboding is practically a cliche at this point.
    All credible arguments, I think.

Whatever happened, I suspect the Collector is still alive.

MCU Thanos doesn't seem to revel in killing for its own sake. The only killing he really seemed to relish was Loki. I definitely think he'd let the Collector live.

The only thing I don't get is why he killed all the dwarves. Was it to make sure that no one ever built a weapon that could stop him?

Maybe the Russo brothers will get around to answering these questions soon. They've been clarifying a lot of points lately, like that Thanos' left arm is now irreparably damaged from using all six stones at once. Or that Thor's pride is what caused him to not take the headshot.

I'm willing to bet money that one of the end credits for Infinity Gauntlet will be one of our returned happy heroes revealing in a shocking way that they're a Skrull. Like maybe Hill kills Fury and turns into a Skrull.

As far as other villains, they have tons to choose from and even more when Fox is sold (it's just a matter of how long we have to wait).

Zemo is in jail. This would be an ideal time for the Thunderbolts, IMHO.

Kismet is still kicking but she probably will be wrapped up in GotGv3.

Abomination is locked up.

They could roll with a real Mandarin.

Grandmaster could come to Earth and make it Battleworld since he'd be pissed at the Hulk/Thor/etc.

Justin Hammer is in jail and waiting for revenge. Pair him up with Ross and Zemo for Thunderbolts ...

Red Skull is alive and well. He could come back. Depending on what happens next.

Mordo is getting warmed up but he'll probably be in Strange.

Batroc is locked up. Add him to the Thunderbolts roster.

Scorpion is locked up. Thunderbolt, too? Gives us the Spidey connection. Or use Vulture for a bigger named actor. But they'll probably save those 2 for a Sinister 6 movie.

AIM is around.

And that's just the people alive!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

I'm willing to bet money that one of the end credits for Infinity Gauntlet will be one of our returned happy heroes revealing in a shocking way that they're a Skrull. Like maybe Hill kills Fury and turns into a Skrull.
    I'll take that bet in a heartbeat. It's just about the least likely end credits scene Avengers: Endgame could have. Skrulls are just not a good long term (10-year) Avengers-level threat. It's the sort of storyline that takes over every movie, solo and team-up, rather than allows them to build up to something.

As far as other villains, they have tons to choose from and even more when Fox is sold (it's just a matter of how long we have to wait).

Zemo.

Kismet.

Abomination.

They could roll with a real Mandarin.

Grandmaster.

Justin Hammer ...

Red Skull.

Mordo.

Batroc.

Scorpion Vulture.

AIM.

And that's just the people alive!
    I don't want to see any of these people next. Marvel is too rich in characters to limit themselves to people they've already done. Loki made sense to a degree because he's Thor's brother. None of those other people or organizations needs to be brought back over the thrilling possibility of re-introducing new threats. (Maybe Vulture)

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I'll take that bet in a heartbeat. It's just about the least likely end credits scene Avengers: Endgame could have. Skrulls are just not a good long term (10-year) Avengers-level threat. It's the sort of storyline that takes over every movie, solo and team-up, rather than allows them to build up to something.

I don't want to see any of these people next. Marvel is too rich in characters to limit themselves to people they've already done. Loki made sense to a degree because he's Thor's brother. None of those other people or organizations needs to be brought back over the thrilling possibility of re-introducing new threats. (Maybe Vulture)
    I'll mail you a dollar if I'm wrong. I'm make sure it is crisp.

As for my list, that is just the people alive. Marvel have tons of characters and will get more back sooner than later. Dr. Doom is the one major one that could be upped into an Avenger villain. A full Avengers team vs. a full villain team seems like a good route to go. Hence a Thunderbolt team with a mix of new and old guys.

Skrulls I guess are in Captain Marvel, so that's why I think they'll be used wide-scale at some point. Secret Invasion could be fun.

Vulture will probably be used again in Spider-Man at least for a Sinister Six deal. Scorpion hasn't been used yet but he was shown in jail with Vulture.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Skrulls I guess are in Captain Marvel, so that's why I think they'll be used wide-scale at some point. Secret Invasion could be fun.
    See, I think that's why they won't be used. Avengers should cope with a threat that no single character can handle, particularly in a decade-long finale. The only card that Skrulls obviously bring to the table is lots of canon fodder. From that standpoint, I could see the Skrulls being the new Chitauri, throw-away CGI characters, but not an Avengers-level threat in and of themselves.

BANNED

Just had a revelation I'm surprised I didn't reach before. Gamora is going to take Nebula's role in the comics...temporary wielder of the gauntlet, the one who sets everything back to the way it was. When it first struck me I didn't like the idea, but given where GotG is and is going, that makes much more sense for the larger story. Also makes sense within the story of Infinity War. Well done Marvel!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yeah, that's my issue.

It's not that Stark tried to turn the ship around.

It's that he didn't even bother, thinking that 'bringing the fight to Thanos' was somehow a good idea. Stark had to know he was utterly outgunned
    Stark has never been the best strategist. His victories have largely been luck, or the heroism of others, rather than from his own genius. But his reasoning, whether flawed or not, was not unexplained in the film.

BANNED

When all was said and done, the mind stone seemed incredibly inconsequential.

When all was said and done, the mind stone seemed incredibly inconsequential.
    The last gem was always going to be that way, for one there isn't much movie left afterwards, for two, obviously by that point he has the full gauntlet and there's no reason to play around with individual gems any longer, but then we got a full showcase of what it could do when it was part of Loki's staff, outright mind controlling people and influencing them just by being in the near vicinity

Extraordinary Member

Saw this again this week with my son. SUCH a great movie.

There needs to be a thread on how much better MCU Thor is than DCEU Superman.

Seriously, Hemsworth knocks it out of the park.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

See, I think that's why they won't be used. Avengers should cope with a threat that no single character can handle, particularly in a decade-long finale. The only card that Skrulls obviously bring to the table is lots of canon fodder. From that standpoint, I could see the Skrulls being the new Chitauri, throw-away CGI characters, but not an Avengers-level threat in and of themselves.
    Well, I wouldn't say cannon fodder. it just switches gears from an openly aggressive threat to a conspiracy. Whether it would work or not is all in the execution. But Feige has said things will shift tonally after Avengers 4, and that would be a change! You could get a lot of mileage out of debates over who is and isn't a Skrull for the next phase.