Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Hunt for Wolverine Spoilers

First story:

- It's starts just like in the preview.
    - The Reavers hear a BAMF outside and Pierce says he has a plan.
    - It's the X-Men Gold team: Kitty, Colossus, Storm, Nighcrawler, and Firestar. (No Rachel)
    - The story goes to a flashback in the Marvel Now era.
    - You see Mr. Fantastic telling the X-Men (Cyclops, Storm, Beast, and Colossus) that he was looking for a solution to get his healing factor back but he needed more time.
    - Cyclops gets close to the statue of Logan, and says that he died probably hating me and maybe I hate him too but I wished could of fix it.
    - Colossus talks to Cyclops and tells him that the things we do, we can die at any minute, and can happen to any of us me or you. *Death of X*
    - Storm doesn't like that Wolverine is in that statue and says they have to get him out.
    - Beast tries to tell them that its impossible to get him out.
    - Colossus has an idea.
    - Cuts back to the present day.
    - Pierce tells the other Reavers to stall the X-Men as much possible.
    - The X-Men defeats the distracting group.
    - The remaining Reavers managed to open the statue but they see no body.
    - Pierce gets defeated and says that they tricked him and asks where's Wolverine!
    - Flashback again.
    - This time you see Kitty trying to phase out Logan out of the statue, but she can't there's too much adamantuim but she'll try harder.
    - Kitty managed to get him out eventually, and the X-Men walk away and take the body with them.
    - They bury him. Jubilee is in the front saying goodbye. The folks in the funeral were Jubilee, Colossus, Shadowcat, Rogue, Doop, Firestar, Storm, Beast, and Cyclops.
    - Cyclops asks Beast if there's still a chance and Beast says no.
    - Firestar asks Storm what are they going to do with the statue and she says they'll leave it there for his memorial.
    - It's cuts back to present day again.
    - The X-Men calls Alpha Flight (the ones that are not in space) to get the Reavers.
    - They still decide to leave the statue there even its cracked in half.
    - Kitty goes to the actual grave and tells him the mission she did.
    - Kitty is about to leave and she sees something odd, and decides to check the bottom to see if he's there.
    - Somewhere unknown we finally see the original Wolverine killing somebody and somebody behind him says enough and stops.
    - Kitty goes tells the other X-Men that he is no longer there.
    - Logan is just sitting in an unknown place.
    - Beast says that its impossible for him to be alive unless somebody came and grab him but who?
    - At the end of story Logan just popping his claws over and over again.

End

Second story:

- Kitty asks Iron Man for help and tells him that he's back.
    - Iron Man has a theory that Mr. Sinister may have him.
    - Kitty goes to Daredevil (first) and Daredevil is willing to help out. Kitty says with Multiple Man being dead they have short on investigative people.
    - Its cuts back to Kitty and Iron Man and he's offended that she didn't come to him first.
    - Starshine (New Reaver) was the only one that escape and asks for Lady Deathstrike for help, and Lady Deathstrike is going after him.
    - Iron Man decides to get the old crew back (New Avengers).
    - In Canada you see all of the X-Ladies. (Rogue, Jeen, Storm, Jubilee, Psylocke, and Kitty)
    - They have decided to go to Madripoor since Logan loves to go there or they assumed that Magneto may have him.
    - Jeen says Magneto may have his bad moments, but he's not that guy anymore.
    - Storm counters with saying that Magneto always hated Wolverine, and maybe he's back being a bad guy again.
    - Jeen tells Kitty when are we going to Mardripoor, but Kitty tells her that she can't come because she has other responsibilities with the Blue team.
    - Jeen has a disappointed face and says "I guess." (:P)
    - She understands that she wasn't close to him and she only met him a few times, and its was her older-self that knew him and not her.
    - Jeen sees the X-Women leaving and she goes to the statue and says "Welcome back." (Marvel Legacy scene).

End.
    Last edited by The_Phenom2893; 04-25-2018 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Some spelling errors

BANNED

How nice of the X-Men to invite Laura to Logan's real funeral. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Marvel forgetting Laura, Hisako, and Oya were Logan's most recent 'father/daughter dynamics" (literal in Laura's case) is becoming so commonplace.

There's that fascinating disconnect between the framing of those 2 characters; anything Laura centric, they have relationship, distant, strained, but meaningful. Anything Logan centric, she's unlikely to even be acknowledged... Someone should make a parody comic about that.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I dont ever put much stock in comic funeral scenes.its never everyone. And never all the people one would expect. Aside from Laura some non x friends arent there as well.

Im glad it was shown that they worked to remove him from the shell.
    X-Men Forever

Its cool that they showed how jean going back to the statue of Logan happened after the others knew he was not in the statue. Because many folks were wondering (rightfully so) why jean wasn’t sharing this information with the xmen.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    There's that fascinating disconnect between the framing of those 2 characters; anything Laura centric, they have relationship, distant, strained, but meaningful. Anything Logan centric, she's unlikely to even be acknowledged... Someone should make a parody comic about that.
    I'm still surprised no one made a notice me senpai meme abut her involvement with the X-men or Logan.

Cool to hear Firestar is still with the X-Men!

BANNED

You mean ACCLAIMED WRITER Charles Soule killed an X-character and forgot he had kids or other close people who would show up for their funeral?
    Absolutely shocking.

Forget Laura, what about his best bud Nightcrawler? I haven't read the book yet so I'm just going by this review, but I didn't see Nightcrawler's name among the funeral attendees. Also, I'm seeing too much Kitty involvement. Would rather hope to see more Jubilee at the forefront over her. As for investigating Logan's disappearance, ain't nobody better at tracking down Logan than Creed, though they'll cover that in the other mini I assume.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

It's par for the course with funerals in the X-Men. Did we see Nate or Rachel at Scott's funeral? No, because that would show interpersonal relationships and family dynamics, which is not what these books focus/care about anymore.

That aside it's nice to see some explanation as to why Jeen never felt the need to share that Logan was out of the shell in the previous scene. Also it's telling that Firestar is with the Gold Team (is this current or take place after the upcoming summer Gold solicits?) as there must be a redhead on every X-team if one leaves/dies/goes bad.

so why is kitty pretending like jamie madrox is the only x-detective she knows? i can list several off the top of my head ..

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

At least this answers the teen jean scene from legacy. I havent read it yet. Need to get to storw. Though his apperences in infinity still are way out of place since this leads directly into the 4 minis. As are all the after credit pages
    X-Men Forever

The story would be so much more interesting if Kitty recruited Yukio, Sage and Bishop to investigate instead of Daredevil.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    Cool to hear Firestar is still with the X-Men!
    Maybe she replaces Rachel in Gold after DRS? HMMMM. I'd be down. Surprised it isn't Magma.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey