Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Hmmm. The best way to do it is that have mythical tech much like harry potter. I mean they should be able to come up with ways of communicating. For example, something that can take place of the mind control radio or things like purple healing ray can be created. I mean what about the plane. We can see the Amazons can fix it. So they should be able to understand things. I mean even Arthur was able to fix and then enchanted our tech. So the amazons making communicated devices would be great. Maybe gems or something else. The Amazons aren't even able to use magic. So maybe they should be able to and enchanted things so they can place it in their bracelets to speak to each other. Also what about being able to get a certain tech to wash up and them being able to explore that?
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 04-27-2018 at 03:26 PM.

To me, Harry Potter is a terrible example of how to do magitech, since a lot of it is just magical equivalents of real-world gadgets. I'd rather look at some of Tolkien's approach, like when Pippin marveled at the cloaks they received from the elves in Lothlorien and wondered if they were magic, and got the answer from an elf that he didn't know the answer to that, except that they were well-made cloaks.

To me, the Amazons are partly divine (or at least have a close connection to the divine). When they make items they imbue them with that quality as well. The mass-production, machinery, and automation of modern-day technology hold no interest for them, and they couldn't duplicate it.

They can make far-seeing mirrors, or lamps that never go out, and when duplicating an aircraft it turned out to become invisible. But every item they make should make sense for their society.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    To me, Harry Potter is a terrible example of how to do magitech, since a lot of it is just magical equivalents of real-world gadgets. I'd rather look at some of Tolkien's approach, like when Pippin marveled at the cloaks they received from the elves in Lothlorien and wondered if they were magic, and got the answer from an elf that he didn't know the answer to that, except that they were well-made cloaks.

To me, the Amazons are partly divine (or at least have a close connection to the divine). When they make items they imbue them with that quality as well. The mass-production, machinery, and automation of modern-day technology hold no interest for them, and they couldn't duplicate it.

They can make far-seeing mirrors, or lamps that never go out, and when duplicating an aircraft it turned out to become invisible. But every item they make should make sense for their society.
    What about communication? Maybe some of the mirrors they can see each other's reflection to talk? What about things like the mind radio? Or scooters we seen on earth one? like you ideas. I just want to see how you would make to see those done.

I would say something like purple healing is crystal is something that found on the idea.They found a way to turn it into a ray gun and heal others or at least made a potion to make it last longer. I saw this is a show where all the water is actually coming from an orb a thing. I think the Amazons should do soemthing like that when it comes to running water. If that come. That way they can connected to places that need it. When done it gones back and gets cleansed.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 04-28-2018 at 07:42 AM.