Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    That is currently unclear, but looks to be sorted out by Flash War.

Here's what we know so far. The original Crisis happened because the League knew who The Monitor was when he showed up in Metal, which also featured the Anti-Matter Tower from Infinite Crisis, which could not have taken place without the first Crisis.

However, nobody but a handful of people even know Wally West even exists, so we don't know if Barry died then. Like with Post-Crisis continuity, nobody remembers Supergirl dying either, although she still did.
    Oh, sorry. I was talking about Post Crisis continuity. Post Crisis, no one is supposed to remember it happened, so how did people remember how Barry died?

I don't even know that it's somewhat canon in New 52/Rebirth. I just assume they don't and Barry never died.

Back to topic, I just checked out The Flash Rebirth just in case. Yeah, there's no way I can read this. There are too many references to stories past including JSA and The Flash family. I'm looking at this and I don't know if this is supposed to be Pre or Post Crisis JSA. Maybe both.

218e55e0fcd70f76f31cbb27720b1061._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

The Flash series between that and Flashpoint is even worse because they involve an event. Once they include event, I want to know about it as well and will end up reading Green Lantern too, and once there I might as well read the whole Post Crisis. The Flash between Rebirth and Button is cleaner since the focus on the present. The most they go back is New 52, which I'm already familiar.

I checked out The New 52 Flash as well and now I remember why I stopped reading it. Justice League established Barry fought talking gorilla 5 years ago, but in The Flash they only met right after the first story arc in the present. So I decided since Justice League is the spine of the line and Darkseid War is required reading for Rebirth, I should follow that instead.

I dropped Action Comics because of similar reason. The Final Days of Superman is required for Rebirth, but since it contains Superman/Wonder woman that's now already erased, I decided not to pursue that either.

So that's left Justice League - Darkseid War as the only book I still want to read from New 52.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 04-28-2018 at 01:53 PM.