View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cyber Force #2

1 6.67%
  • Crossroad Blues [graphic novel]

0 0%
  • Days of Hate #4 (of 12)

2 13.33%
  • Gasolina #7

0 0%
  • Hit-Girl #3

0 0%
  • Ice Cream Man #4

1 6.67%
  • Kill or be Killed #18

5 33.33%
  • The Pervert [graphic novel]

0 0%
  • Redneck #12

0 0%
  • Regression #9

1 6.67%
  • Sacred Creatures #6

1 6.67%
  • Saga #51

2 13.33%
  • Savage Dragon #233

1 6.67%
  • Witchblade #5

1 6.67%
  • Other - The Beef #3 (of 5), Throwaways #13

0 0%

Default Weekly Image poll #17 - Back in business

Hey gang, welp looks like a week disappeared right into the void there, whoops!

Cast your mind back two whole weeks, back when the world was still innocent, and you might recall that Gideon Falls #2 won our previous poll!

This week's got a lot going on, so let's do the rundown. Ice Cream Man does a one-shot issue this week, Sacred Creatures finishes its first storyline, and a whooole bunch of series get their first issues reprinted in cheap 1$ formats. Those include: Afar, Age of Bronze, Curse Words, Fear Agent, Moonshine, Moonstruck, Redneck and Street Angel. Good way to sample an ongoing series!

New this week are two graphic novels.
    The Pervert details the life of a trans sex worker in Seattle, billed as an 'unflinching graphic novel', and it looks like it uses anthropomorphised animals in the lead roles.

Crossroad Blues meanwhile is a crime story set in Mississippi about weird crackpot mysteries, a disappeared college professor, and a hitman believed to be the reincarnation of Elvis Presley. Sounds very hazey to me haha.

310089.jpg 306324.jpg

KobK #18. I can NOT believe there are only two more issues of this comic book.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

I figured Kill or Be Killed would (deservedly) garner a LOT of votes, so I cast mine for Days of Hate, an interesting politically based story set just a few years from now. things are not predicted to be good for any but the rich-rich...
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Usagi, Velvet

I voted for Days of Hate. Those last 7 pages were so great. Just masterfully done.

I tried Skyward last week, which was kinda cool. I'll check the next issue for sure.

This week I got Hit-Girl #3 - I wouldn't have if it wasn't a 4 issues series or arc. It's really meh at best.

I also got Kill or be killed. And for the first time read it the week it is published! TBH I've read also - for the first time - all the 17 previous issues yesterday. A bit of binge reading and now a few weeks of delectable waiting for the conclusion. Great book. Of course I voted for it.
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

I checked out Skyward, too. Art was very nice, and I liked the idea of a reduced gravity world, but...

I didn't get it. What was the hook? Who or what was I supposed to care about?

Wife died=over protective father=sheltered daughter who wants to see the forbidden world. It was all rather cliche.

Oh and the dad has a plan to restore gravity!!! But why's that a hook? There was nothing else in the story to make that some big note to end on.

Yes, that's pretty much what was lacking in the first issue - and what I'll be looking for in the second one, glimpsing into it in the LCS...
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

I would've voted for Dragon, followed by Cyberforce