Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    With a little under a million views on the Resistance first look trailer, there are 9.7k up votes and 37k down votes. LOL.
    At this point I doubt most of the downvoters even bothered to actually watch the trailer.
    "One may be intelligent, and a Nazi. Then one is not decent. One may be decent and a Nazi. Then one is not intelligent. And one may be intelligent and decent. Then one is not a Nazi"
    - Gerhard Bronner

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    At this point I doubt most of the downvoters even bothered to actually watch the trailer.
    I think the majority did. The reaction on the Star Wars Reddit is incredibly negative.

It's not a spot designed to get adult Star Wars fans to like the show - the main character is highly childish and there's an emphasis on humor. I don't think this is a promo cut by Lucasfilm - it's done by Disney aimed at kids. One of the negative YouTube was bashing it for the VO - and it's the VO guy who does all of Disney Channel's promos and sounds appealing to kids.

I don't have any insider knowledge of what's going on with Disney Channel and Star Wars - but I can say from working with Cartoon Network while Clone Wars was in production that the emphasis was always kids. CN didn't think adults needed to be marketed to. It was assumed the fanboys would watch. The issue was trying to get the show to appeal to kids and keep kids' eyes glued to the screen.
    Last edited by ClanAskani; 08-21-2018 at 10:12 AM.

BANNED

"I wanna be an Ace Pilot!"

I'm guessing this is Rose's Brother

(I take back everything bad I said about the prequels)