Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I give the First Order this much: before their superweapon was destroyed, they at least got to use it against a military target and effectively wipe out the heart of the Republic. That's more than either Death Star ever accomplished against the Alliance.

I'm not going to compare their destruction of the New Republic of course to Palpatine's destruction of the Old Republic, as the First Order took out a governmental body only 30-something years old wheres Sidious meticulously dismantled one which was many thousands of years old. But giving the First Order the win on the superweapon side of things is more than fair.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

They're still pretty much on top-although half their leaders and the fleet chasing the resistance was largely destroyed, they managed to pretty much wipe out the resistance fleet/base, and as Rey says they're pretty much taking over much of the galaxy, presumably with other fleets.

Funny thing is, they really could've just sent the Dreadnought instead of taking the time to ready Starkiller, as the base wound up getting destroyed anyway.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 05-13-2018 at 05:14 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Some art has leaked. One shows what appears to be Phasma and the Red Stormtrooper from her novel (Although I suppose it could also be one of the guards, the image is a bit hard to make out), as well as just a few other troopers and a TIE. The other artwork shows Poe, BB8, some new characters including an alien, and a ship that looks a bit like a cross between a Naboo starfighter and a pod racer.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 07-05-2018 at 11:46 AM.

Any thoughts on the new trailer? Can't say I like the look personally. Then again, both Clone Wars and Rebels were a little iffy out of the gate.

BANNED

Surprised nobody posted it yet.

It looks all sorts of awesome from where I'm sitting.

And I'm somehow getting a strong Avatar: the Last Airbender/Legend Of Korra vibe from it.

Then again that is where Dave Filoni started out.

Looks fugly.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I'm not a huge fan of cell shaded animation but the ships look great.

iMan 42s

The animation style is alright. It's definitely not the worst thing and certainly better than what I expected. The animation looks a bit less stiff than the other series which might lend itself better to dog-fighting since it seems whomever that is will be getting his own ship.

A few things I noticed
    1. The FO TK
    - Missing handplate
    - The bicep padding is completely missing
    - The helmet has gone from being smaller than the original helmets to being substantially bigger
    - The helmet chin is noticably larger and rounded
    - The Helmet lacks teeth from TLJ
    - The F-11D is firing blue bolts as opposed to the standard red (ion shot?, would make sense if its primarily firing at ships and potentially astromechs)

I'm curious is this will be a one off armor or if this is what the design is simplified to like what happened to the Deathtroopers in Rebels.

2.Potential new Tie fighter variant

3. "Nude" R2 unit, unclear whether this is R2 or not but likely this guy's droid
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

The main character is sooooooooo annoying!!!!

Man, everything else looks alright, but I don't think I could put up with his voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Surprised nobody posted it yet.

It looks all sorts of awesome from where I'm sitting.

And I'm somehow getting a strong Avatar: the Last Airbender/Legend Of Korra vibe from it.

Then again that is where Dave Filoni started out.
    The character animation looks pretty good.

Feels like Polygon managed to upgrade and refine their style from Robots in Disguise.

Is that Melanie Minichino I hear as the female pilot (and possible female lead)?

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Not a real big fan of cell shading art to begin with, but I really don't find this appealing at all. Add on it seems to be aimed way more at young kids than Rebels or Clone Wars was I think I am going to pass on this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Not a real big fan of cell shading art to begin with, but I really don't find this appealing at all. Add on it seems to be aimed way more at young kids than Rebels or Clone Wars was I think I am going to pass on this show.
    If there's anything I've learned about Star Wars cartoons is that they usually start aiming for younger audiences but then slowly develop into more serious and complex shows over time.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Any thoughts on the new trailer? Can't say I like the look personally. Then again, both Clone Wars and Rebels were a little iffy out of the gate.
    I'm not jumping up and down about it, but I did like the look of Poe. The look of Rebels didn't grab me right away either. I'm willing to give it time.

iMan 42s

If anything we know out of the gate the first season or two will have mixed reactions.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

With a little under a million views on the Resistance first look trailer, there are 9.7k up votes and 37k down votes. LOL.

Two days before the trailer was released, Dave Filoni revealed he's not part of the day to day production of Resistance, so expectations aren't high.

As for the animation - I'm not a fan but I think the way the trailer is cut was not helpful to promoting the show. It's a typical Disney Channel promo, it's playing up the humor and just like the bad humor in TLJ, it's not playing well for an older audience.

I really don't understand why there is so much focus on inserting humor into these types of shows. Millions of kids watched the original Transformers cartoon without gags inserted every 4 minutes. And literally that's what execs at these networks do. The feedback for Korra at Nick was always - more humor, more gags, more humor. And what was added is annoying as heck to watch (for example, Meelo inserted randomly into sentimental moments). But I do understand at the folks at the network screen these episodes in a room with 15-20 five to six year old boys that's full of toys and the kids are constantly distracted. They feel that's the environment boys watch tv - they have a million other things they will be distracted with so they need zany humor. The term stupid funny is frequently used. But it ruins these shows for anyone who isn't a 5 year old boy with a 20 second attention span.