Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

To me this is clearly a show that the studio had no faith in from the start which is why it’s being dumped at 10 o’clock on a Sunday night. Filoni made it clear (he repeated this so many times it seemed like he was running away from the show) at comic con that he had nothing to do with this show beyond serving as a consultant on the first episode.

iMan 42s

So I've seen the new episode "The children from Tehar" and it's alright. It's a bit rough around the edges though.

spoilers:
    The biggest problem with it is that we don't really know why the First Order is after these kids. It's implied that it's for leaving no witnesses, but the First Order could've just shot them like they immediately started with Kaz last episode. In canon we know it's because full conflict hasn't erupted yet and so the FO are keeping things clean, but we've established that the only law of the land is Captain Doza and nobody but Kaz reports to the Republic. So who is going to stop the Stormtroopers here? The only defense is the platform itself and the Aces, but the FO don't even need to go planetside like we saw in TLJ, so why they don't just fire and call it a day is beyond me. We also find out that the kid's homeworld was destroyed by Kylo Ren. We don't know why, but he apparently wiped out the entire population sans two kids. I guess because reasons.

What's more is that this episode feels a bit lazy. The kids right after being introduced on the bounty just magically show up on the station. And for that matter, so does the FO. Why even hire a bounty hunter if your just going to immediately find them anyways? And the FO is the one who put up the bounty, what? Nobody in the Republic is going to notice that?

Also the narrative reason to get the kids is also poorly resolved as the turtle people in the tunnels just repair the gadget of the week anyways.

In hindsight a way around this is to drop the the gadget thing entirely and have Kaz just meet the kids and find out about an undercover FO team tracking them, or a bounty hunter hired by them.
    I'd understand Von Reg on the level of him being a high ranking agent to discuss business, but what is a Major doing with only two other guys and tracking two kids? Isn't that just grunt work? And didn't they also outsource that? Besides, isn't that also tipping their hand to the Republic?

The episode is fine, but there is a few questions I have here and I find a few things lazy.
    end of spoilers

C+
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

iMan 42s

Well, new Episode is up and it's "Signal from sector 6".

spoilers:
    This is by far my favorite episode since it finally does something again with the starfighters and we even got Poe Dameron back for this episode. It plays like a child friendly version of Alien in Star Wars with Kaz and Poe on a ship looking for survivors of a pirate attack and encountering a monster. It's not a bad setup at all and it shows some skills Kaz learns in this episode from Poe and will probably (hopefully) come back into play in later episodes when they finally get the Fireball working. I can't say I was expecting the monkey-lizards to be the focus, and I didn't know they grow to Hulk sizes (would've made more sense for a juvenile Rancor but whatever). The episode is fun seeing Poe and Kaz fight a bunch of lizards and Poe has some great encounters with them accidentally shooting one which is even funnier given his reaction to doing that. It's all aroun a good time. The episode starts a bit slow and I did feel like it could've opened stronger, but I genuinely liked it.

The only problem I have with it is the introduction of yet another antagonist. We're swamped with them as is, but I can't hold it against this episode as a whole.
    end of spoilers

Overall I give the episode an A-.
    It's a cute one and done that finally gets back to what Kaz is doing there and not make it an afterthought.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.