Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Star Wars: Resistance animated series

The latest Star Wars animated series, once again with Filoni involved.

I'm guessing it'll cover similar ground to the "Poe Dameron" comic series, at least at first, taking place before TFA. Also Oscar Isaac and Gwendoline Christie are voicing their movie characters. I'm guessing that given the subject matter, we'll probably get Leia (presumabely voiced by one of the game/cartoon actresses) and C-3PO as well.

Wonder if like the Clone Wars series it could work with some of the missed opportunities of the ST (Lando guest star maybe?)

The series says "anime inspired' and the promo pic looks to be slightly cell shaded, so I'm wondering if we're going to get something like say, Avatar, or even Star Wars-wise, the Gendy Tartovsky work (Wishful thinking is something like Otaking's TIE fighter fan film); then again when "Clone Wars" first came out, George Lucas said the same thing pretty much and we wound up with CG.

https://www.cbr.com/star-wars-resist...ies-announced/
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I guess Filoni's title at Lucasfilm is "Head Of Turd Polishing"

Sounds great. Just thank heavens the animated verse is finally moving on from the PT/immediately-prior-to-OT landscape.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Sounds great. Just thank heavens the animated verse is finally moving on from the PT/immediately-prior-to-OT landscape.
    I'm surprised they didn't do post ESB or closer to RotJ first.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I'm surprised they didn't do post ESB or closer to RotJ first.
    Could be Disney's orders to promote 'current' movie material/universe now vs. old. Makes sense from a cross-promotion perspective. I love me some X-Wings, but this sounds kinda blah. And anime-style is not my thing. I will, of course, give it a shot.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Could be Disney's orders to promote 'current' movie material/universe now vs. old. Makes sense from a cross-promotion perspective. I love me some X-Wings, but this sounds kinda blah. And anime-style is not my thing. I will, of course, give it a shot.
    Why does everybody always see the invisible hand of Disney in every little thing?
    It's not as if it doesn't make just as much sense for Lucasfilm to have made this decision on its own for the exact same reasons.

Fantastic Member Red Robe Jaldari's Avatar

Moving on? The First Order is the Empire, just lame.

double post
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-02-2018 at 12:57 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Red Robe Jaldari View Post
    Moving on?
    New time period, new characters, new villains, so yes, moving on.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-02-2018 at 12:58 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Red Robe Jaldari View Post
    Moving on? The First Order is the Empire, just lame.
    They're more like neo-nazis and alt-right twits who cosplay as the original thing.

Fantastic Member Red Robe Jaldari's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    They're more like neo-nazis and alt-right twits who cosplay as the original thing.
    I did not see a comsistent definition for alt right ever. 2 years from now or 5 years from now the term can be meaningless.

New time period, new characters, new villains, so yes, moving on.
    All the sequels did was rehash stuff but worse. I don't see anything new but i hope Filoni does something decent.

I've brought it up in a few other threads but regarding the First Order, it'd be interesting to see if this series might tackle how the first Order changed-a lot of the other material (Aftermath etc) hints that originally the Order was mostly composed of vets from the Empire, but then Snoke came in and changed the leadership around quite a bit, giving the younger Ren, Hux Phasma etc. much more power, although some of the old guard still hung around such as Terex from the Poe dameron comics and Canady (The dreadnought captain).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth