Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Star Wars: Resistance animated series

The latest Star Wars animated series, once again with Filoni involved.

I'm guessing it'll cover similar ground to the "Poe Dameron" comic series, at least at first, taking place before TFA. Also Oscar Isaac and Gwendoline Christie are voicing their movie characters. I'm guessing that given the subject matter, we'll probably get Leia (presumabely voiced by one of the game/cartoon actresses) and C-3PO as well.

Wonder if like the Clone Wars series it could work with some of the missed opportunities of the ST (Lando guest star maybe?)

The series says "anime inspired' and the promo pic looks to be slightly cell shaded, so I'm wondering if we're going to get something like say, Avatar, or even Star Wars-wise, the Gendy Tartovsky work (Wishful thinking is something like Otaking's TIE fighter fan film); then again when "Clone Wars" first came out, George Lucas said the same thing pretty much and we wound up with CG.

https://www.cbr.com/star-wars-resist...ies-announced/
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I guess Filoni's title at Lucasfilm is "Head Of Turd Polishing"

Sounds great. Just thank heavens the animated verse is finally moving on from the PT/immediately-prior-to-OT landscape.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Sounds great. Just thank heavens the animated verse is finally moving on from the PT/immediately-prior-to-OT landscape.
    I'm surprised they didn't do post ESB or closer to RotJ first.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I'm surprised they didn't do post ESB or closer to RotJ first.
    Could be Disney's orders to promote 'current' movie material/universe now vs. old. Makes sense from a cross-promotion perspective. I love me some X-Wings, but this sounds kinda blah. And anime-style is not my thing. I will, of course, give it a shot.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Could be Disney's orders to promote 'current' movie material/universe now vs. old. Makes sense from a cross-promotion perspective. I love me some X-Wings, but this sounds kinda blah. And anime-style is not my thing. I will, of course, give it a shot.
    Why does everybody always see the invisible hand of Disney in every little thing?
    It's not as if it doesn't make just as much sense for Lucasfilm to have made this decision on its own for the exact same reasons.

iMan 42s

Doesn't it make sense to go into the new trilogy? We got a bunch of cool new **** to use lets go! We got Luke's temple, a post-Empire galaxy, per-invaison First order, this sounds like a good time.

That being said it could be filler Clone Wars with a Rebels budget at worst so anywhere to go is up.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

With that promo art and the "anime" style, I would think they might be moving towards more traditional animation, although they could go for something like Transformers: Robots in Disguise where it's just a different kind of CG animation compared to the last few series.

I'm not surprised they're moving to the TFA era, since the Filoni cartoons have all been set around specific movie eras (Clone Wars for the prequels, Rebels for the Original Trilogy).

I think the emphasis on Starfighters should be cool .

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

It's certainly an area ripe for exploration so I'm cool with it. I'm thinking that in much the same way that Rebels tied up some elements from Clone Wars despite a significant time jump that Resistance will do the same with Rebels.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It's certainly an area ripe for exploration so I'm cool with it. I'm thinking that in much the same way that Rebels tied up some elements from Clone Wars despite a significant time jump that Resistance will do the same with Rebels.
    I had the same thought.

I imagine we'll probably check in on Sabine and Ahsoka's search for Ezra and maybe Hera and Kanan's son.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Why does everybody always see the invisible hand of Disney in every little thing?
    It's not as if it doesn't make just as much sense for Lucasfilm to have made this decision on its own for the exact same reasons.
    It becomes an easy scapegoat for the things you don't like.

"My special story was ruined becauze money..." type thing.

Fantastic Member Red Robe Jaldari's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Moving on? The First Order is the Empire, just lame.

double post
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-02-2018 at 12:57 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Red Robe Jaldari View Post
    Moving on?
    New time period, new characters, new villains, so yes, moving on.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-02-2018 at 12:58 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Red Robe Jaldari View Post
    Moving on? The First Order is the Empire, just lame.
    They're more like neo-nazis and alt-right twits who cosplay as the original thing.