Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Fantastic Member Red Robe Jaldari's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    They're more like neo-nazis and alt-right twits who cosplay as the original thing.
    I did not see a comsistent definition for alt right ever. 2 years from now or 5 years from now the term can be meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    New time period, new characters, new villains, so yes, moving on.
    All the sequels did was rehash stuff but worse. I don't see anything new but i hope Filoni does something decent.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Red Robe Jaldari View Post
    All the sequels did was rehash stuff but worse. I don't see anything new but i hope Filoni does something decent.
    All any version of Star Wars (including the origina 1977 movie) has done is rehash stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Robe Jaldari View Post
    An opinion of which you're free to have, although I don't share it. I look forward to the change.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-02-2018 at 09:33 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    All any version of Star Wars (including the origina 1977 movie) has done is rehash stuff.
    I am talking about a rehash within in the realm of Star Wars that is barely different from the OT.

Minus the fact that they tried to murder some basic SW concepts.

I've brought it up in a few other threads but regarding the First Order, it'd be interesting to see if this series might tackle how the first Order changed-a lot of the other material (Aftermath etc) hints that originally the Order was mostly composed of vets from the Empire, but then Snoke came in and changed the leadership around quite a bit, giving the younger Ren, Hux Phasma etc. much more power, although some of the old guard still hung around such as Terex from the Poe dameron comics and Canady (The dreadnought captain).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I've brought it up in a few other threads but regarding the First Order, it'd be interesting to see if this series might tackle how the first Order changed-a lot of the other material (Aftermath etc) hints that originally the Order was mostly composed of vets from the Empire, but then Snoke came in and changed the leadership around quite a bit, giving the younger Ren, Hux Phasma etc. much more power, although some of the old guard still hung around such as Terex from the Poe dameron comics and Canady (The dreadnought captain).
    Eh, I'd rather him just develop meaningful villains than try to fix the mess that is the First Order in the films

iMan 42s

The First Order isn't bad in the films. You know what they are and you know what they do. My issue with the first order is trying too hard to make them the Empire when its a bunch of new kids on the block trying to be them (and regardless of what you think about that it did work).

The worst thing Filoni can do is make a series of bad villains because that wouldn't do the sequel trilogy any favors. If anything The First Order is lacking in "jobber" villains beyond Phasma who are just there to get beaten. That being said I guess Phasma might show up so theirs that.
    If we're focusing more on the starfighter action this time then it should do something with the Tie fighter pilots. Creating rivals and showing off how deadly the First Order Navy is cause that's the biggest issue for the Resistance. Come to think of it the Navy has always been the effective branch so I hope Filoni does something with that.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Yeah, I don't think there's been a lot of stuff on First Order pilots. The two seat TIE that Finn and Poe use in the beginning of the movie, for example, is supposed to be a special forces model so there's obviously those guys around somewhere..

Might be nice to see some variation in the TIE fighters too. So far apart from the regular one which is pretty much just the OT model with different colors, the SF version and the Silencer we haven't seen that much. Would be interesting to have something like the Interceptor (The one introduced in ROTJ) or even the Defender (Which became canon with "Rebels". Apparentally some of the FO fighters also have Defender tech).

We're definetly getting some X-wing variations at least-the one seen on the promo art. Some of the extra material for the films state that the Republic has more state of the art X-wings, even compared to the current ones, which are apparentaly outdated (Pretty much the resistance's whole fleet is outdated New Republic tech)

BANNED

Anyone else worried that given the title, placement in the timeline and what films it's supposed to lead into; that this show will turn into a rehash of Rebels?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AquaLantern View Post
    Anyone else worried that given the title, placement in the timeline and what films it's supposed to lead into; that this show will turn into a rehash of Rebels?
    This is not something I can imagine myself being worried about. I mean, I doubt it, but I would be just fine if it was a complete copy of Rebels.

iMan 42s

If we see more TIEs I hope they show up with some old EU designs. Given some of them are transports and are designed for some troops specifically for boarding/long distance missions I wouldn't be against them because it would fit with the FO attack philosophy. We also know that Special forces Pilots are a thing for them and they had Spec ops Stormtroopers, they would be the people to encounter.

Honestly Filoni may be able to get away with smaller engagements and heroes getting away this time cause it's not like the FO wants to tip its hand just yet.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    If we see more TIEs I hope they show up with some old EU designs.
    It's Filoni. Old EU stuff cropping up is practically a given.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

The First Order isn't bad in the films. You know what they are and you know what they do. My issue with the first order is trying too hard to make them the Empire when its a bunch of new kids on the block trying to be them (and regardless of what you think about that it did work).

The worst thing Filoni can do is make a series of bad villains because that wouldn't do the sequel trilogy any favors. If anything The First Order is lacking in "jobber" villains beyond Phasma who are just there to get beaten. That being said I guess Phasma might show up so theirs that.
    If we're focusing more on the starfighter action this time then it should do something with the Tie fighter pilots. Creating rivals and showing off how deadly the First Order Navy is cause that's the biggest issue for the Resistance. Come to think of it the Navy has always been the effective branch so I hope Filoni does something with that.
    They definitely are bad in the films; they have zero menace and they are so incompetently led that the way the OT Stormtroopers could never hit Han seem inconsequential.

First order is a fail. They are not even jobbers, they are unpaid interns.

The Stormtroopers seem a tiny bit more effective than their predecessors-and their leaders as well-in TFA at least.I think TLJ is the first SW movie since The Phantom Menace to not really have any substantive Stormtrooper combat.