Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    one thing that puzzled me is the way that a lot of local residents look to Luke as a instant-problem-solver, "you better fix this $#&!".. like they think he has 15 other powers besides strength and durability.. or maybe it's just typical Marvel civilian nuttiness from the comics...

DW's moral high ground on Luke's "peace deal" with the Mob bosses didn't make a lot of sense to me, as much as (up until now) he seemed mostly concerned with dollar-dollar-bill'y'all sensibilities (and how old is he supposed to be?).. but whatevs.. I guess Pop's barber shop gets to stay, lol..
    ... at least Bushmaster gets to live to fight another day..
    Deep down I think a lot of the MU citizens want Punisher style results. They don't want good guys solving crimes and leaving the bad guys to the authorities (who end up failing to contain the bad guys for one reason or another). I think they want guys like Luke to put the bad guys in the ground. Which is something Luke in most cases CAN do. He won't... but I think that's what a lot of people want in their heroes. If this were Frank instead of Luke, Cotton Mouth and Mariah probably wouldn't have lasted 2 episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    They had Nightshade take over Claire's role of healer so there wasn't much for her to do this season but get fed up with Luke.

They seem more interested in Daughters of the Dragon but that can't work either because MCU Misty's a high ranking cop while Coleen's as much a vigilante as any of the rest of them.

The producers might as well get as much mileage as they can with Misty still being a police officer, it provides a convenient way to get background information on a case or person, call the police to clean up, in any case, lol, also to get some of them to back off in select instances.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    They had Nightshade take over Claire's role of healer so there wasn't much for her to do this season but get fed up with Luke.

In the comics she ran a clinic for super folk run with Danny Rand's dough. But this show would never have done that I see now.

The Netflix shows with the obvious exception of Jessica Jones and Punisher have gone out of their way in putting the supporting cast in new, surprising roles.

Regardless of it making any sense or not. So somehow Karen Page is an ace journalist with no experience whatsoever.

And Misty Knight got promoted to Police upper management despite having a corrupt partner, getting dinged for misconduct and getting maimed in the line of duty and never catching anybody that didn't confess.

Luke Cage is a Crime Lord that doesn't commit any crimes and Colleen Wing is a Superhero but Danny Rand isn't.

Heroes For Hire could bind the Netflix verse the way the Avengers bind the MCU but they seem bizarrely determined not to have Heroes For Hire happen.

They seem more interested in Daughters of the Dragon but that can't work either because MCU Misty's a high ranking cop while Coleen's as much a vigilante as any of the rest of them.
    I suppose they could always go the Commissioner Gordan route with MIsty and say she's a cop that works with the hero community. It's a bit of a conflict, but it's not entirely unheard of in comics.

I didn't even realize that Anabella Sciorra was playing Rosalie Carbone. I never saw her in the Sopranos, so my memory of her mainly goes back to the 90s. Interesting.

I wonder if her commentary on espresso was meant to be ironic? Ah well...

I would have liked Tombstone to be a villain in season 3. Then again, some folks might say "copycat" based on the Whale character in Black Lightning. lol..
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 10-21-2018 at 12:53 PM.

I was hoping for Gideon Mace or Chemistro but I wouldn't mind the return of Diamondback tho. We are running out of feasible Luke Cage villains as most are pretty obscure or too outlandish for the grounded/gritty aproach. So i rather exhaust the ones we have before pilfering other rogue's galleries.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I was hoping for Gideon Mace or Chemistro but I wouldn't mind the return of Diamondback tho. We are running out of feasible Luke Cage villains as most are pretty obscure or too outlandish for the grounded/gritty aproach. So i rather exhaust the ones we have before pilfering other rogue's galleries.
    The second season already pilferred. Nightshade is a Captain America villain. I think Tombstone would be a good fit for a Luke Cage adversary.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The second season already pilferred. Nightshade is a Captain America villain. I think Tombstone would be a good fit for a Luke Cage adversary.
    Tombstone was the first one that came to mind but I don’t know who owns the rights to him so he might not be an option

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Tombstone was the first one that came to mind but I don’t know who owns the rights to him so he might not be an option
    That's sort of the tricky thing... a lot of the better street level villains fall under the Spider-Man umbrella, so the rights for certain characters might be a bit trickier.

Still, I'm sure there's no shortage of viable characters once you decide to move past Lukes rogues gallery. Plenty of Cap villains that might work okay.

We also didn't get to see the White Tiger get introduced in East Harlem... you know it had to happen at some point.. I would have liked to see Giancarlo Esposito play a retired Hector Ayala, where he was the Tiger during the 80s and 90s, then gave it up as he began raising his family.. fast forward to 2018, and he gets falsely accused of murder, leading into an adaptation of the Daredevil storyline where he gets put on trial. Eventually, he would be found guilty, and get killed trying to escape.. Latinx Lives Matter!--demonstrations follow, some of them go off the rails.. but then his daughter-- it could be the Ava character, or niece Angela (name-dropped by Jessica Jones), who then becomes the next White Tiger with the magic tiger amulet.