Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Just saw the Luke Cage season 2 finale. Did Mariah's speech remind anyone of Colonel Jessup's speech in A Few Good Men?

Also, I will never stop when people say "coffee" on this show that they don't really mean sex and that scene between Luke and the Italian mob queen did not help.

Took me a while to properly finish it, but this was an incredible second season. I just wanna sing praises to Mustafa Shakir and also Sahr Ngaujah (Anansi) for their excellent performances. The fight scenes were good, especially the ones involving Bushmaster, that Cage/Bush team-up fight against the Chinese gang was aces. There was great chem between Colter and Shakir, I liked the subtle mutual respect that was established toward the end. Alfre Woodard and Theo Rossi really dug into their characters and elevated them from their already solid season 1 performances. Iron Fist guest appearance was a ton of fun. Applause all around. RIP Reg Cathey.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

http://amsterdamnews.com/news/2018/s...y-parade-2018/

I hope that for season three, they can incorporate the African American Day parade into the storylines.

Anybody in the NYC area go this year? I'd like to check it out myself.

Took me forever to finish this show, but I finally did and it was well worth it.

Interesting that they sort of tease a potential heel turn for Luke... or maybe anti-hero is more accurate.

I wonder if instead of Luke Cage season 3, we might instead get Daughters of the Dragon with Luke as the actual antagonist. Maybe the girls (Claire, Misty, Colleen, maybe even Jessica) teaming up to save Cage from himself.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Took me forever to finish this show, but I finally did and it was well worth it.

Interesting that they sort of tease a potential heel turn for Luke... or maybe anti-hero is more accurate.

I wonder if instead of Luke Cage season 3, we might instead get Daughters of the Dragon with Luke as the actual antagonist. Maybe the girls (Claire, Misty, Colleen, maybe even Jessica) teaming up to save Cage from himself.
    That could be interesting. I’m really curious on what they do with Luke next.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    That could be interesting. I’m really curious on what they do with Luke next.
    Yeah, they definately left Luke in an interesting place. Sort of reminds me of the last season of Angel. Leave the good guy in charge of the bad guys operation.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I call BS on shades going to jail no way thayd be able to use that to put him away if the deal was null and void because she died then so would confession the whole case would be tossed out.
    I agree. But on the other hand, did Shades evern have a lawyer?

Sandy Hausler

Now that it's been established that Tilda Dillard (or Stokes or whatever) is not Tilda Johnson, a very minor Captain America villain a.k.a Nightshade, I wonder if Luke Cage will be fighting a bunch of werewolves next season.

Sandy Hausler

EDIT: Sorry, I meant she IS Tilda Johnson. (I really should proof my posts before they go up.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Now that it's been established that Tilda Dillard (or Stokes or whatever) is not Tilda Johnson, a very minor Captain America villain a.k.a Nightshade, I wonder if Luke Cage will be fighting a bunch of werewolves next season.

Sandy Hausler
    I hope so but I doubt it.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Sandy Hausler
    It's probably a good thing that Shades has loop holes in his arrest. I'm sure they will want to use him again if Cage gets another season.

Extraordinary Member

Sandy Hausler
    At that point he wasn't with Mariah so no I don't think so.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Sandy Hausler
    He fired the one he had when he made the confession.

Sandy Hausler
    wait I thought she was nightshade?

I thought they confirmed that the Tilda in Black Panther was not Nightshade instead

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    At that point he wasn't with Mariah so no I don't think so.
    he had that public defender who quit halfway through the confession and then no one

but yeah, i've watched a ton of law nad order so I am qualified (lol) in saying that his arrest and confession after the fact just because Mariah died is a bunch of crap lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Sandy Hausler
    He did until he pissed her off.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    I agree with both of these sentiments and Sain had a great review that stood out to me overall. Coulter seems like a great guy, personable, good IG follow but yea, as far as pure acting goes I feel he's the weakest amongst the cast. It's a GREAT thing that they all are so much better and bring up the quality of the show. PHYSICALLY, he's damn near perfect for the Cage from the 1990 series on but I agree about his emoting. He's just a bit to dry in his delivery, not square but also not fully convincing at times, mostly against Dawson and Woodard I feel. And this critique is in a bubble, not holding him up to Berenthal or Cox because both of them are spot fuckin' on, I'm talkin' in generals here. The Tuska/Archie Goodwin Luke Cage wasn't the coolest guy among the sometimes caricatures of black people in the 70s but he had a little bit more soul on the page imo. Part of what Coulter does well is that he translates a certain detraction from the street as in he can't really fit in on a level because everyone sees him coming and he doesn't hang crooks upside down or surprise and beat out info out of perps like Batman or Daredevil. The bad guys see him coming and act according. He's fine, not perfect but it works and still there is room there that kinds of sticks out.

My first Luke Cage has always been Henry Simmons, shame he hasn't found a role on the show thus far.
    I give the writers some credit for catching all the above this and writing around it.

Coulter's Cage isn't a Native New Yorker nor was he a actual gangbanger(on the contrary Netflix Cage is both a ex soldier and an ex Cop).

Coulter Cage's is more John Wayne-esq while classic Cage is John Shaft with powers.

You can't even call Coulter Cage a reformed thug as he was never a thug .

He's more like the John Cena character if John Cena was Black and lived in Harlem.