Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    wait I thought she was nightshade?

I thought they confirmed that the Tilda in Black Panther was not Nightshade instead
    Tilda is Nightshade. The end of the season solidify it when she showed up to the club in her comic outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Tilda is Nightshade. The end of the season solidify it when she showed up to the club in her comic outfit.
    and the fact she used herbs the whole show

i think previous poster was confused. It was the black panther girl who was originally tilda johnson that they changed

Nabiyah Be announced on Twitter on June 1, 2017 that she would be portraying Tilda Johnson in Black Panther. However, she deleted this tweet when it was announced that Gabrielle Dennis would portray the character in the second season of Luke Cage. Nabiyah Be's character was renamed Linda.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 10-03-2018 at 01:28 PM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    I agree. But on the other hand, did Shades evern have a lawyer?
    He had one, but since he couldn't rely on Mariah's money he had to get one pro bono. His lawyer happened to be the mother of a boy caught in the Pop's Barbershop shootout, the same one Cage shielded from fire. When this came out in the confession, she said this is a conflict of interest and she has to recuse herself. Shades asked Misty is his deal still good without a lawyer present, Misty said yeah, Shades told the lawyer to burn the road up, basically.

So not sure if she was fired as she was about to leave anyway, as she couldn't legally/ethically provide a good defense now having a personal investment in, well, seeing him go away for putting her child in danger (or at least a good attorney could argue she was compromised and didn't give the best defense possible). This could be a loophole to exploit to keep Shades free, IMO, but we'll see.
    Last edited by Nate Grey; 10-03-2018 at 01:30 PM.

i think previous poster was confused. It was the black panther girl who was originally tilda johnson that they changed
    Good thing the girl in the BP movie didn't end up being Nighshade. That would have been a total waste for the character. It was such a minor role, I'm surprised they even bothered naming her.

Spectacular Member

wait I thought she was nightshade?
    I thought they confirmed that the Tilda in Black Panther was not Nightshade instead
    The Tilda in Luke Cage is Nightshade, but some people might be confused because originally (at least that is what a Twitter post from Nabiyah Be said) Nightshade was going to be Black Panther played by Be, but barely a month after the post Nightshade was announced to be in the cast and played by a different actress for Luke Cage Season 2, the post was deleted, and the credits revealing her name to be Linda not Tilda. Maybe Nabiyah Be got the names mixed up or she really was meant to play Nightshade but later Marvel felt Nightshade would work better in Luke Cage instead of Black Panther, which either changed the script to have her die or like XPac says prevented a waste of Nightshade and her potential.
    Last edited by PD98; 10-03-2018 at 06:30 PM.

I have corrected my post. I meant that Tilda Dillard IS Tilda Johnson. I don't know how the "not" got in there. (Well, yes I do. Stupid mistake on my part.)

Sandy Hausler

I’ve made my way through three episodes so far. One thing that I’ve noticed is that the dialogue is a lot more prolific with using the n-bomb, and I remember last season when it was severely minimized, and I also recall an interview with producer Coker where he had to fight to introduce a few uses of it.
    This time around, as much as I’m enjoying the show, I have severely mixed feelings about this. I know that the show creative are aiming for ‘realism’ in the interactions between the predominately African American characters, but….
    Well, it is what it is.. at least Pop’s still has the cussing can.

I have to say I was really disappointed with season 2. Even with the twist at the end the writers managed to take one of the exciting characters in comics (pre-marriage) and make him boring. Don't wanna include spoilers but I think they should have gone with the 'hero for hire' theme.
    "Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post
    I have to say I was really disappointed with season 2. Even with the twist at the end the writers managed to take one of the exciting characters in comics (pre-marriage) and make him boring. Don't wanna include spoilers but I think they should have gone with the 'hero for hire' theme.
    I don't know if the Heroes for Hire thing works for this version of the character. Seeing him charge the people he's helping would seem sort of out of character.

That said, I think the direction they took at the end seems interesting. I definately want to see how the other characters will react to it.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't know if the Heroes for Hire thing works for this version of the character. Seeing him charge the people he's helping would seem sort of out of character.

That said, I think the direction they took at the end seems interesting. I definately want to see how the other characters will react to it.
    It won't be out of character if he's desperate enough. He did take the Piranha Jones gig and tried to get the Nike sponsorship to keep Pop's barbership open.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It won't be out of character if he's desperate enough. He did take the Piranha Jones gig and tried to get the Nike sponsorship to keep Pop's barbership open.
    It's sort of weird that they are fighting so hard to keep a barbershop open when none of them can cut hair. But I guess that's his side kicks problem now.

Hmm. You think the reason Luke decided not to get back together with Claire, when she dropped by is because they intend to match him with Jessica Jones?

Sandy Hausler

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's sort of weird that they are fighting so hard to keep a barbershop open when none of them can cut hair. But I guess that's his side kicks problem now.
    Not really. Pop’s shop and what it represents is supposed to be important for Harlem so it makes a lot of sense.

I'd like to see detective Tyrone King in a future season-- only not for him to turn out to be Master Khan. If he turns out to be quietly "gifted", though (see the last issue of Power Man & Iron Fist #125), that could be intriguing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Hmm. You think the reason Luke decided not to get back together with Claire, when she dropped by is because they intend to match him with Jessica Jones?

Sandy Hausler
    Maybe because her only character trait is to annoy heroes to death.

I hope she doesn't come back
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html