Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's sort of weird that they are fighting so hard to keep a barbershop open when none of them can cut hair. But I guess that's his side kicks problem now.
    It's not weird. The barbershop has sentimental significance to the neighborhood. Even Cottonmouth had respect for the place and Pops.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Maybe because her only character trait is to annoy heroes to death.

I hope she doesn't come back
    Awwww. Bruh, she got the bandages too though. Rosario never quite did it for me but I like her best in these. That said she was the weakest and most thematically tthin in this season.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Claire served a purpose by helping advance the plot but I guess now Misty has that role.

Speaking of Misty, as much as I appreciate the character, especially the way she's able to recreate the crime scene, but has she actually solved a case yet? It seems like everyone on her board-list was either killed by fellow criminals, caught by a super hero or turned himself in.
    "Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It's not weird. The barbershop has sentimental significance to the neighborhood. Even Cottonmouth had respect for the place and Pops.
    I get that. But if you want a barbershop to continue operating, hire a barber. It's fine for Luke to have his own Batcave, but that won't necessarily pay the bills. At least they sort of figured that out at the very end there when they put up a hiring sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Awwww. Bruh, she got the bandages too though. Rosario never quite did it for me but I like her best in these. That said she was the weakest and most thematically tthin in this season.
    The bandage thing worked for awhile. Then **** just got stupid with her and then they tried to make her combat ready (dumb) and then turned her into the, "heroes don't kill" voice while offering no solutions whatsoever

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post
    Claire served a purpose by helping advance the plot but I guess now Misty has that role.

Speaking of Misty, as much as I appreciate the character, especially the way she's able to recreate the crime scene, but has she actually solved a case yet? It seems like everyone on her board-list was either killed by fellow criminals, caught by a super hero or turned himself in.
    the police in the show are just all around terrible and that includes Misty.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Hmm. You think the reason Luke decided not to get back together with Claire, when she dropped by is because they intend to match him with Jessica Jones?

Sandy Hausler
    I think end game is Jessica and Luke... but that's likely down the road since both Luke and Jessica have viable shows on their own.

I don't think Claire was ever intended to be a regular cast member for any of the Net Flicks shows... she's sort of a guest star that kind of ties everything together. So I think her and Luke breaking up was inevitable, even putting aside Jessica. She'll date Luke just like she dated Matt, then move on to the next show. If she's Lukes girlfriend you almost have to have Luke involved when she's helping out the other heroes in their own show. So I don't think you want her too overly attatched to Luke or any other character.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post

She can never quite make the claim to being the worlds greatest detective, if her partner a criminal right under her nose the entire time.

That said, cops in super hero fiction suck. Just like governemnt and military usually do. That's why we need heroes. Bushmaster and Diamond back are one thing, but people like Cotton Mouth and Shades and Mariah would be behind bars if the police were actually able to do their job.

so was Bushmaster (more or less) merged with Hardcore for the creation of the TV character? Was comics Bushmaster much of a martial artist? The TV version seems to do a lot of capoiera.

Extraordinary Member

They had Nightshade take over Claire's role of healer so there wasn't much for her to do this season but get fed up with Luke.

In the comics she ran a clinic for super folk run with Danny Rand's dough. But this show would never have done that I see now.

The Netflix shows with the obvious exception of Jessica Jones and Punisher have gone out of their way in putting the supporting cast in new, surprising roles.

Regardless of it making any sense or not. So somehow Karen Page is an ace journalist with no experience whatsoever.

And Misty Knight got promoted to Police upper management despite having a corrupt partner, getting dinged for misconduct and getting maimed in the line of duty and never catching anybody that didn't confess.

Luke Cage is a Crime Lord that doesn't commit any crimes and Colleen Wing is a Superhero but Danny Rand isn't.

Heroes For Hire could bind the Netflix verse the way the Avengers bind the MCU but they seem bizarrely determined not to have Heroes For Hire happen.

They seem more interested in Daughters of the Dragon but that can't work either because MCU Misty's a high ranking cop while Coleen's as much a vigilante as any of the rest of them.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I’m not sure about them being determined to not do H4H because wasn’t the entire point of bringing Danny into LCS2 was to get people interested in eventually seeing it?

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I’m not sure about them being determined to not do H4H because wasn’t the entire point of bringing Danny into LCS2 was to get people interested in eventually seeing it?
    I don't think they necessarily want to do Heroes for Hire for the same reason I don't necessarily think they want Luke and Jessica to actually get together... right now you have 2 viable seperate shows. You can potentially milk that for a least a little longer before you decide to potentially start consolidating some of them. Eventually I do think we'll get Heroes for Hire, and eventually I do think Jessica and Luke will get together. But right now you've got 3 shows doing just fine on their own. No need to fix it if it ain't broken.

I don't think they necessarily want to do Heroes for Hire for the same reason I don't necessarily think they want Luke and Jessica to actually get together... right now you have 2 viable seperate shows. You can potentially milk that for a least a little longer before you decide to potentially start consolidating some of them. Eventually I do think we'll get Heroes for Hire, and eventually I do think Jessica and Luke will get together. But right now you've got 3 shows doing just fine on their own. No need to fix it if it ain't broken.
    Danny & Luke together and Coleen & Misty together would be stronger than what they have right now. And I like both shows currently.

3 solo shows (DD, JJ, Punisher) and 2 duo shows (H4H, DotD) with the occasional ensemble mini would be nice coverage.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 10-10-2018 at 08:57 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I think end game is Jessica and Luke... but that's likely down the road since both Luke and Jessica have viable shows on their own.

I don't think Claire was ever intended to be a regular cast member for any of the Net Flicks shows... she's sort of a guest star that kind of ties everything together. So I think her and Luke breaking up was inevitable, even putting aside Jessica. She'll date Luke just like she dated Matt, then move on to the next show. If she's Lukes girlfriend you almost have to have Luke involved when she's helping out the other heroes in their own show. So I don't think you want her too overly attatched to Luke or any other character.
    Claire is the Night Nurse, so that would seem to be relevant only to Daredevil, who has a secret identity, and Punisher, who's on the lam. But when a hero needs medical treatment without going to the hospital, she's there for him (or her).

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Claire is the Night Nurse, so that would seem to be relevant only to Daredevil, who has a secret identity, and Punisher, who's on the lam. But when a hero needs medical treatment without going to the hospital, she's there for him (or her).

Sandy Hausler
    At this point her practical contribution almost isn't necessary to involve her in anything since she's legitimately friends (or more) with every major character except Punisher and Jessica. And she at least knows Jessica well enough to justify a cameo without a whole lot of explanation.

In Iron Fist in the first season at least she even helped with the fighting (even though it was ridiculous that she could hold her own against hand ninjas after a couple weeks or whatever of training).

So her medical skills are almost secondary at this point. That said, I wonder if they even want or need her floating around the shows at this point. She's showing up far less frequently than other seasons, apart from Cage. I wonder if she's done.

one thing that puzzled me is the way that a lot of local residents look to Luke as a instant-problem-solver, "you better fix this $#&!".. like they think he has 15 other powers besides strength and durability.. or maybe it's just typical Marvel civilian nuttiness from the comics...

DW's moral high ground on Luke's "peace deal" with the Mob bosses didn't make a lot of sense to me, as much as (up until now) he seemed mostly concerned with dollar-dollar-bill'y'all sensibilities (and how old is he supposed to be?).. but whatevs.. I guess Pop's barber shop gets to stay, lol..
    ... at least Bushmaster gets to live to fight another day..