Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Jumping makes sense. If you have strong legs you should be able to jump.
    Weird how he never did it in the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    It's a logical extrapolation of super strength. What else makes a runner run fast than superior muscles in his legs? At least the jumping is pretty standard for characters like that.

June? Damn, I need to start getting caught up on these shows. Last one I watched was Defenders.
    Shouldn't Colossus or The Thing be fast then? Both of those guys have super strength. Don't think either could outrun Usain Bolt in a foot race though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    Shouldn't Colossus or The Thing be fast then? Both of those guys have super strength. Don't think either could outrun Usain Bolt in a foot race though.
    I'm not sure the thing even has muscles.

But why on earth would Usain bolt with his puny flatscan legs be faster than somebody with vastly superior legs? Does mr. Bolt cheat by tapping into the Speedforce or something?

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    Sincere question, has Luke actually ran before at any point in Jessica Jones, Defenders or Luke Cage?
    No not at all or jump high lol. But as far as the comics go he can chase down cars and jump multiple stories into the air.

Looks boring, but Luke Cage is boring IMHO. So I guess they nailed it?
    Last edited by Anthony W; 05-05-2018 at 10:05 AM.

He used to be friends with professional football players in the original comics. Nice nod.

Also, they were attempting to recreate the super soldier serum when they created Cage.

Bushmaster feels like Diamondback 2.0
    Does he have some kind of supernatural hook?

looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Bushmaster feels like Diamondback 2.0
    Does he have some kind of supernatural hook?

looks good.
    This Bushmaster looks to be using some form of mystical voodoo but that might be cover for mechanical prosthetic use.

He also appears and sounds like they're combining both Bushmaster I's crime-boss background with Bushmaster II's cultural background and power set.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Yea, Claire's exclamation of Luke not being invulnerable anymore was disapointing, can't lie. Been there, done that. This guy isn't exactly the same, but he might be too similar power-wise to have followed the prior season. Still looks interesting though.

Geez how strong is that dude?

Luke took a chi fist to the face and wasn't coughing up blood lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

In that teaser, I half-expected to hear this repeatedly:

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    Eh, Colossus has surprised opponents with his speed before in the comics. It's just that writers tend to equate big and strong with slow and sluggish.

MCU Hulk is a better example, though. On foot without leaping, he was racing military vehicles at top speed in both the Bana and Norton movies, plus he had quick reflexes in catching that ejecting fighter pilot in the first Avengers movie.

But back to the comics, Luke Cage has had a power creep thanks to Bendis as others pointed out, knocking out opponents way over his usual weight class. But whether or not they're valid, I feel like you'd still need strong legs and reflexes to keep up with them, regardless.
    Last edited by Cyke; 05-07-2018 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    In that teaser, I half-expected to hear this repeatedly:

Eh, Colossus has surprised opponents with his speed before in the comics. It's just that writers tend to equate big and strong with slow and sluggish.

MCU Hulk is a better example, though. On foot without leaping, he was racing military vehicles at top speed in both the Bana and Norton movies, plus he had quick reflexes in catching that ejecting fighter pilot in the first Avengers movie.

But back to the comics, Luke Cage has had a power creep thanks to Bendis as others pointed out, knocking out opponents way over his usual weight class. But whether or not they're valid, I feel like you'd still need strong legs and reflexes to keep up with them, regardless.
    Comic Hulks running speed is limited by the ground. It breaks away under his strength. But hes shown to move lightning fast under the right circumstances and his jump speed beats escape velocity. Makes Sense Luke has a similar ability just scaled way down.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Comic Hulks running speed is limited by the ground. It breaks away under his strength. But hes shown to move lightning fast under the right circumstances and his jump speed beats escape velocity. Makes Sense Luke has a similar ability just scaled way down.
    My point is that Hulk's an example of superstrength granting superspeed running, that's all.