Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

I guess the chances of seeing a big snake on screen this season went out the window...

Wait, I remember the Harlem police force all have Judas bullets...so bush is mostly just another criminal, albeit a super one. Maybe the hero of this season ends up being Misty.
    Last edited by Marvel-Studios Rep; 05-07-2018 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    My point is that Hulk's an example of superstrength granting superspeed running, that's all.
    I know I was agreeing , just adding to it. Alot of people seem to think Hulk isnt fast but hes actually very fast. But speed through strength only gets u so far. You have push against the ground to generate more force. When you get to hulk level strength that's an issue.

My only gripe is I've been complaining how the TV shows action makes Cage hit and move so slow. Now they are showing how fast he is but why does he punch slower then George foreman.i guess it could be his way of holding back and not hurting anyone. They should address it

Wonder why no Ironfist hes been in alot of set photos
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 05-07-2018 at 07:27 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I think I'm looking forward to the soundtrack more than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I think I'm looking forward to the soundtrack more than anything.
    Season one turned me onto Jidenna so I'm excited for season 2. His song and performance added with cottonmouth posturing made for a powerful scene imo

Fantastic Member Spiritualcramp's Avatar

^Same here though Jidenna's only got a few tracks that really do it for me.

Love Bushmaster so far he seems much more brutal and unhinged than Diamondback in the contrived second arc who came across as cartoonish. Also looking forward to seeing Luke get brutal with his powerset when dealing with him

The Bushmaster fight from the clip reminded me of his brief fight (which was resolved off screen) with Sowande (White Hat) from the Defenders. I really wanted to see more of that, but I feel this will make up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    The Bushmaster fight from the clip reminded me of his brief fight (which was resolved off screen) with Sowande (White Hat) from the Defenders. I really wanted to see more of that, but I feel this will make up for it.
    Hopefully there's lot of that. And not just ppl breaking stuff on Luke and him slowly hitting them through air. I'm real interested in Bushmaster, but I'm also afraid he might come off as Diamondback. Who I hope Netflix just let die, like he didnt survive the experiment and we never see him again. But I doubt were that lucky. Maybe Bushmaster will be more cottonmouth then Diamondback

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritualcramp View Post
    ^Same here though Jidenna's only got a few tracks that really do it for me.

Love Bushmaster so far he seems much more brutal and unhinged than Diamondback in the contrived second arc who came across as cartoonish. Also looking forward to seeing Luke get brutal with his powerset when dealing with him
    Yea the one from the show and Cheif dont run are the only ones I bump heavy.

Fantastic Member

Has this been posted here yet?

Now, I'm not the biggest Hip Hop fan, and there's still a lot about it that I'm learning, but I think it's really great that the Luke Cage show has the support of the music community. Rakim is actually going to have an original song about Luke Cage! Hopefully, it's as good as Method Man's Bulletproof Love! Here's a quote from the article:

Plus, Coker could point to immediate streaming bumps following exposure on Luke Cage: on-demand audio and video streams of Jidenna's "Long Live The Chief" leapt 2,134 percent the week following the artist's appearance, while Faith Evans' "Mesmerized" soared 516 percent, according to Nielsen Music.

"The people I would see out in the store who were not the typical Faith Evans fans would say, ‘Hey! I saw you on Luke Cage!'" Evans says. "Or the [person] who fixes my computer. He's a total techie geek and he's like, ‘Oh my God!' It was funny the different people who connected to me being on the show."

Though artists usually perform an existing track, Rakim wrote an original song for his appearance in the season two finale. "Not only do we have him on Luke Cage, we have him performing a song about Luke Cage," raves Coker. "It's manna from heaven."
    I love that the Luke Cage show has become a great showcase for musical talent, it's a nice symbiotic relationship. The music helps give Luke Cage it's own atmosphere and style, and the Luke Cage show exposes these great artists to a wider audience. And it looks like Coker and the writers have tightened up the pacing and characterization (at least, that's what Coker's been saying in the various interviews)

I'm so pumped for Season 2!

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea the one from the show and Cheif dont run are the only ones I bump heavy.
    I like classic man and long live the chief.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Bushmaster feels like Diamondback 2.0
    Does he have some kind of supernatural hook?

looks good.
    It's funny TV's Bushmaster has the comic version's power but his looks and accent is all this guy:

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Hardcore_(Earth-616)

He even fights like Hardcore in that one scene where he clocks Cage. Hardcore's comic book gimmick was martial arts finesse over
    Cage's power (and he had some kind of electro whip deal).

This looks like the producers created a hybrid baddie out the two Cage foes.
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 05-21-2018 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I know I was agreeing , just adding to it. Alot of people seem to think Hulk isnt fast but hes actually very fast. But speed through strength only gets u so far. You have push against the ground to generate more force. When you get to hulk level strength that's an issue.
    Of course, that's an issue with speedsters in general, at least those who run at super speed simply by moving their legs really hard and fast as opposed to using mystery mojo like the Speed Force or psychokinesis or Mind Stone energies. No matter how fast you're able to move your legs, with what force and speed, the effect in terms of how fast you run would be limited by friction, gravity, and the ability of the surface you're running on to take it.

But if we assume Bob the Whizzer from Jessica Jones was just using super fast twitch muscles in his legs, then potentially Luke or the Hulk should be able to go about as fast.... although depending on their reflexes, it would probably be easier to move at speed by bounding than running per se.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    It's funny TV's Bushmaster has the comic version's power but his looks and accent is all this guy:

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Hardcore_(Earth-616)

He even fights like Hardcore in that one scene where he clocks Cage. Hardcore's comic book gimmick was martial arts finesse over
    Cage's power (and he had some kind of electro whip deal).

This looks like the producers created a hybrid baddie out the two Cage foes.
    I thought Hardcore's gimmick was his one hand with sharps nails that can slice through Luke's skin? But I did think that too, that he was Hardcore, minus the hand with Bushmaster I's powerset

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I thought Hardcore's gimmick was his one hand with sharps nails that can slice through Luke's skin? But I did think that too, that he was Hardcore, minus the hand with Bushmaster I's powerset
    You know, I forgot all about the nails, I only remembered the manrikigusari (chain whip) that he carried for some reason.

At least I know I wasn't hallucinating that character's resemblance to a pretty obscure Cage baddie.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    You know, I forgot all about the nails, I only remembered the manrikigusari (chain whip) that he carried for some reason.

At least I know I wasn't hallucinating that character's resemblance to a pretty obscure Cage baddie.
    You're not hallucinating but I wonder if its a good idea to combine villains since Cage's rogues gallery isn't that big. Marvel does that in general, but I wonder if in Cage's case its a good idea. My dream though is that they combine Season 1 Cottonmouth with the Serpent Society Cottonmouth (powerset not backstory) so we'd get Stokes back.