Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    disagree 100%

I don't think Misty regressed at all. She's the only useful cop in a insufficient department and going vigilante and living off her pension wouldn't feel right. She pretty much made Cage her partner so staying a cop doesn't hurt her at all.

Mariah was great all season. She was quite the monster and honestly I wanted her to see her die when everything was said and done. They did a wonderful job turning her into a villain I loved to hate.

Loved this season. I'm interesting in seeing where it goes from here.
    Misty spends majority of the season acting outside of the law, interfering in other people's cases and getting taken by lawyers who point out the way she does things doesn't adhere to important stuff like chain of custody etc. and then people just keep praising her for it cuz their captain died. It's not growth so much as she just gets more reckless, which is fine to watch the misty actress is great and the arm finally appearing is also interesting. But it's clear they're trying too hard to push the character into the cop role, when she clearly functions more like a PI in how shes been operating all season. I'd much rather see that with Collen as a partner, than the same 3 police sets and the same dull cop characters who do nothing.

I don't like Mariah and I won't. I think she replaced a far more charismastic character, and the role has been changed too much. Honestly, ignore Mariah and replace Cottonmouth with Mama Mabel in the same plot role and it would be 200% more interesting to watch for me. I don't empathise with Mariah, I don't even hate her, she just bores me because she does nothing but posture and when she makes the random shift from ghetto wasp to serial murderer it's unearned. I'm glad she's not coming back.

Fingers crossed they make season 3 Power Man & Iron Fist/Heroes for Hire.

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

I'm on episode 9 and personally I think this season is a little slow. Mostly because I'm having a hard time following certain plot lines. SPOILER ALERT BTW.

I'm enjoying the father and son issues Luke is having with his dad. I also like the reason behind Luke creating the Heroes for Hire business (I'm still waiting for Iron Fist though). Bushmaster seems like an interesting villain. I like his Jamaican accent and the way he can hold his own against Luke Cage. I loved how Bushmaster put all those severed heads on display at Mariah's night club. Although I think it's kind of played out at this point.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Everyone's entitled to their opinions.

One thing i must say is they got some great directors this season, the show looks amazing. And they did some great use of negative space, camera work etc. Some direction that was really missing in Jessica Jones season 2 which looked generic and dull.

I just wish Cage S2 had the story to be worthy such great directing.
    Completely agree, hoping the quality for me stays throughout. 6 episodes in and it's just below the first half of DD s2 for me which is the best Marvel Netflix stuff imo. Too bad the 2nd half turned to **** when Punisher moved over for the Hand. If the showed ended now I'd put it just Below Punisher and DD s1. We'll see if it sticks the landing and can leap from them for me

Also I agree to a point about Mariah. I hate that she replaced Cottonmiuth who was an amazing villian and she just can't live up to his charisma. But I dont hate her shes ok, I'm more interested in shades and Bushmaster. Though I liked Shades better last season
    I literally rooted for shades in the elevator scene when Zip and them tried to kill him. Cheered when he got the gun
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 06-23-2018 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman#22 View Post
    I'm on episode 9 and personally I think this season is a little slow. Mostly because I'm having a hard time following certain plot lines. SPOILER ALERT BTW.

I'm enjoying the father and son issues Luke is having with his dad. I also like the reason behind Luke creating the Heroes for Hire business (I'm still waiting for Iron Fist though). Bushmaster seems like an interesting villain. I like his Jamaican accent and the way he can hold his own against Luke Cage. I loved how Bushmaster put all those severed heads on display at Mariah's night club. Although I think it's kind of played out at this point.
    2x10 is the Iron Fist episode.

I really loved Bushmaster, great actor but god forbid this show do anything with mysticism. Instead he's just a 'mutant' who had a 'secondary mutation' from dues ex nightshade? no one else got black panther heart shaped herb voodoo remix vibes? I don't get why Netflix MCU is really failing to lean into any real supernatural or mystical elements.

I really loved Bushmaster, great actor but god forbid this show do anything with mysticism. Instead he's just a 'mutant' who had a 'secondary mutation' from dues ex nightshade? no one else got black panther heart shaped herb voodoo remix vibes? I don't get why Netflix MCU is really failing to lean into any real supernatural or mystical elements.
    Yea I was hoping for some real Vodoo that could possibly set up brother Vudoo. I'm 100% straight and I still love listening to bushmaster speak though. And the actor so far has brought some real intensity to the role.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea I was hoping for some real Vodoo that could possibly set up brother Vudoo. I'm 100% straight and I still love listening to bushmaster speak though. And the actor so far has brought some real intensity to the role.
    It's prob my major feelings towards this season. So many great elements with some great potential. And instead we waste too much screentime pointless stuff like Mariah trying to become a billionaire, who has the club at any given time, her estranged daughter and interchangable cop drama scenes.

i hope Bushmaster comes back, that actor is great and was quite a good foil to Luke especially visually with how fluidly he moved vs how much of a tank Cage is.

Fantastic Member Spiritualcramp's Avatar

Enjoyed the season even with its lulls like the pointless Mariah/Chinese drug trade thing, the interpersonal drama with her daughter (kinda reminds me of the family drama Iron fist stuff), and some of the Shades/Mariah stuff was hit/miss. I also didn't feel like Cage's "pissed off" moment from the first 3 episodes went nowhere, he had plenty of moments where he could've finished off Bush/Mariah but didn't and of course tens of people died. Mariah is a good villain, but Bushmaster and his backstory/his human moments for Tilda and his family really made him compelling to me. I loved everytime he was on screen fighting and exploring his life in Jamaica. Overall, it was a good season and makes up for how lackluster Jessica Jones Season 2 was

I'm diggin' Comanche and Bushmaster so far. They're the standouts.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Overall and enjoyable season; like others mainly because of Bushmaster.

Luke Cage's actor still can't emote in certain cases, something is off.

It's actually pretty weird seeing Claire mostly used just for prying/helping her bf with his issues. She's more enjoyable in action.

Damn man, RIP to Reg. His mirror monologue alone was a great start to the season and performed awesomely.

Mariah had some interesting villianess turns, but I was more interested in Bush and she had one to many slow dialogues with her daughter or other people.

Power Man and the Iron Fist is just missing that one secret ingredient! Yea, Danny has grown but their chemistry was out of sync here, but kind of subltly like a tilted frame. His fight choreo is better indeed but he, the actor, still looks unconvincing do it. Colter's awkward line delivery combined with Danny's clear also awkward line delivery was just a bit dissapointing. What they were trying to do was nice though, and I swear they're at their best when eating chinese. Which reminds me..

I think the most consistent issue throughout is Tilda. She was mostly used to show hesistation and be the product of manipulation. Manipulation Mariah didn't even have to get out of bed to do. Time and again she gives her mother chances after hearing tales of Mariah doing the most vile sh\t, breaks bad by killing mariah herself, but still has the gual to get pissed about not receieving the club?? C'mon she was kind of cool in the begining but became a question mark soon after.

I mean she hasn't seen her mom in 8-10 years, even if Mariah got her talons in her at an early age I'd think after all the good she's done growing up it would be enough to shake the family temper. Guess not.

BANNED

Binged this. Like all Netflix shows it's very slow and you get bored many times before the end. Some good acting this season (Bushmaster especially) with some really irrititating stuff like Misty's new arm (I mean really? What is the budget for this show?) and a pretty good ending.

I was most looking forward to the Power Man & Iron Fist team-up, which occurred in episode 10. I liked it and hope that's where this show is headed in the future. But while Danny kicked some ass, it's still kinda sad that Bushmaster had better fight choreography throughout the season than the guy who's supposed to be the best martial artist in the world...

I wish they'd kill Maria and just bring cotton mouth back to life already. Give him super strength while you're at it. Maria is the worse thing on this show for me. The actress is doing a good job of making her always seem unhinged, like she will mentally break down and cry at any minute. But she still seems wildly out of place. Cotton mouth interacting with Bushmaster would have been awesome. About halfway through.
    Last edited by Marvel-Studios Rep; 06-24-2018 at 09:30 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Definitely enjoyed this season the eps without Bushmaster did kinda drag. I thought tbe pacing this season was a little better. The fights with BM were excellent. I thought this season had a better ending too.

Even Doc Strange wasn't all that mystical.
    Enjoyed this season way better than season 1, Bushmaster was awesome glad he's not dead, and loved the twist ending could set up a lot of cool stuff for season 3.

Fell asleep watching the first episode.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Last seasons I was wondering wtf was going on with Shades and Mariah. Well they answered that question quick this season. Ewwww
    Ewwww? What's so gross about it? Maybe Alfre Woodard is not your type but I wouldn't say she's ugly and ya she's older than him but I also wouldn't call that gross I mean it's not like she looks like her comic counterpart so what is it?