Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

I'm on episode 5 or 6 and I am finding the pacing to be a drag.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Astonishing Member

Just finished. Bushmaster was a great villain. Alfre Woodard held an acting clinic. She really ate up that role all season. she gave you badass, she gave you boss bitch. It wasn't a one note villain she was complicated and crazy. She could get an Emmy nom imo for acting here.

One thing they learned from is not to do the horrible villain changeup at the end. Last season we all remember swamping cottonmouth for diamondback was a huge mistake. They did well overall with that. But, there were pacing issues. I enjoyed Luke and Danny.

Overall it was a more successful outing than Jessica Jones season 2.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

This season was sooooo good, but i feel that it might be a little too culturally dense for some people. There's also a lot of crime history packed in too. Like The Yardies, and The Showa Posse are REAL gangs. there's also TONS of social commentary about black folks, in terms of intercultural rivalries, being immigrants, being un-unified like the other ethnic crime organizations, there was also a lot of commentary on colorism, and of course good ole fashion racism. there's a whole BUNCH of **** to unpack this season, Cheo Hadari Coker did his research...plus this season was fuckin BRUTAL!! way to go Edge Lord Marvel lol

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    This season was sooooo good, but i feel that it might be a little too culturally dense for some people. There's also a lot of crime history packed in too. Like The Yardies, and The Showa Posse are REAL gangs. there's also TONS of social commentary about black folks, in terms of intercultural rivalries, being immigrants, being un-unified like the other ethnic crime organizations, there was also a lot of commentary on colorism, and of course good ole fashion racism. there's a whole BUNCH of **** to unpack this season, Cheo Hadari Coker did his research...plus this season was fuckin BRUTAL!! way to go Edge Lord Marvel lol
    Agreed, I think that's a good reason why this season was so worth investing in. Bushmaster was definitely a breath of fresh air and a welcome addition to the show and it feels more or less a great commentary without feeling forced. Iron Fist is also a huge plus. I think this was a season that took what worked in the first season and improved on it heavily. This has made one of my favorite Netflix Marvel seasons hands down.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ironman2978 View Post
    Agreed, I think that's a good reason why this season was so worth investing in. Bushmaster was definitely a breath of fresh air and a welcome addition to the show and it feels more or less a great commentary without feeling forced. Iron Fist is also a huge plus. I think this was a season that took what worked in the first season and improved on it heavily. This has made one of my favorite Netflix Marvel seasons hands down.
    Co-Sign on all the above, i also thought it was interesting to see shades so fleshed out and actually kinda vulnerable. Same with Luke Cage when he got into that heated argument from Claire. Probably the best acting i have seen from either of those actors.

Finished the season last night and it was awesome. The last few scenes gave me chills. Especially the last scene with DW and Luke

I'm curious if Bushmaster was gonna come back next season. I'm unsure because it felt like his arc ended.

Tilda's arc was good but is her role gonna be she's pissed that luke got the club now?

I wanted Claire to comeback but i guess its not gonna be a thing.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Finished the season last night and it was awesome. The last few scenes gave me chills. Especially the last scene with DW and Luke

I'm curious if Bushmaster was gonna come back next season. I'm unsure because it felt like his arc ended.

Tilda's arc was good but is her role gonna be she's pissed that luke got the club now?

I wanted Claire to comeback but i guess its not gonna be a thing.
    I was just thinking about Claire this morning and how she is pretty well done. To her, Matt is dead, Danny Doesn't need her, Luke dumped her and she doesn't really know Jessica. So maybe she pops up once or twice more, but her Coulson-ness is pretty well over.

As for the season...loved Bushmaster and was rooting for him on some levels. Woodard deserves whatever accolades she can get because, ****, she was good in season one, but the story, the acting, the transformations of Mariah throughout season two all the way to her end, that was some next level ****.

Danny didn't suck this time around, so that was great.

Not sure where it can go with Luke as Harlem's kingpin, but I'm sure he will find himself in over his head and things will unravel quickly.

The season...I wish I was as eloquent as some people in describing the sociological weight and meaning behind the season, the story, characters, some of the dialogue exchanges. I know some people of differing, ages, races, backgrounds won't get it all or feel somethings were heavy handed or didn't need to be talked about on a superhero show, but man as a 36-year-old black man whose seen and felt a lot of ill **** happen to me just due to my color, I was nodding and amen-ing with so many Cage episodes. Will be interested if they can meet or even exceed that quality in season three.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    I was just thinking about Claire this morning and how she is pretty well done. To her, Matt is dead, Danny Doesn't need her, Luke dumped her and she doesn't really know Jessica. So maybe she pops up once or twice more, but her Coulson-ness is pretty well over.
    Her usefulness with the main Defenders may be done but she's still of value to the their supporting cast. She can still help Misty with her rehabilitation (she still needs to work out the kinks of her new arm), can still take self defense classes with Colleen, provide emotional support for Foggy and Karen in regards to Matt. Maybe she can be Trish's new best friend.

Claire felt like Danny's big sister so thats something you could still use. I dont see misty taking that role nor would i want her to. (Big Danny/Misty fan ).

You do have to give her a new dynamic besides being the voice of reason. I guess you could dive into her becoming the Night Nurse and setting up her clinic. Madame Gao said she hangs around with superheroes because she secretly wants to be one herself. So playing with that feels like the next step for her outside of dealing with luke and her.

I got one episode left and this season is overall really good but something bother me.

I will say the scene between shades and Mariah in the burned down brownstone was great. The lighting was amazing the way you saw the faintest outline of they're faces and it was the best acting from both actors all season imo.

Also still dont like how slow Luke Cage fights. He moves so slow. The people behind the show did Danny and Bushmaster great. Bushmaster looked like he was messing dudes up but Luke moves so slow it looks fake. I get that ita realistic. You watch old man foreman KO someone he moved slow af and then boom the dude snoring on the floor. But it doesn't look good is the thing. Plus were told Luke Cage is peak human fast but my mom could throw a faster punch. Wish they would just come out and say he slows himself down to make sure he doesnt hurt no one. Like it's his intentional way of holding back.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 06-28-2018 at 11:54 AM.

Mariah has really grown on me. Lol. her character development and inner conflict essentially on display throught the season was really good.

Bendis did it better in Daredevil
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I got one episode left and this season is overall really good but something bother me.

I will say the scene between shades and Mariah in the burned down brownstone was great. The lighting was amazing the way you saw the faintest outline of they're faces and it was the best acting from both actors all season imo.

Also still dont like how slow Luke Cage fights. He moves so slow. The people behind the show did Danny and Bushmaster great. Bushmaster looked like he was messing dudes up but Luke moves so slow it looks fake. I get that ita realistic. You watch old man foreman KO someone he moved slow af and then boom the dude snoring on the floor. But it doesn't look good is the thing. Plus were told Luke Cage is peak human fast but my mom could throw a faster punch. Wish they would just come out and say he slows himself down to make sure he doesnt hurt no one. Like it's his intentional way of holding back.
    Apart from daredevil, choreography has been poor in the marvel shows. Luke moves fake as hell. Something that spreads to the films as well. The fight scenes are have been poor for a while now. Too much concentration on the drama and slacking on action

Quote Originally Posted by Shriveling_memo View Post
    Apart from daredevil, choreography has been poor in the marvel shows. Luke moves fake as hell. Something that spreads to the films as well. The fight scenes are have been poor for a while now. Too much concentration on the drama and slacking on action
    I agree, and I think most of it is due to him moving so slow. I think there were a couple of times where he kicks a door down, but then with no urgency starts strolling. He does this thing where he enters a room grimacing like a wrestler trying to ham it up for an audience by scanning the room all hunched and "grrr"-like.

To their credit Bush's fights are dope. Way more than I expected it to be.

I knew I recognized that face from somewhere when I was looking at Bushmaster. Mustafa Shakir was also really good in 'Double Play'.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me