Mighty Member

Default Thanos Annual #1 Review

I never expect something really groudbreaking with annuals, but this book was one of the best anthology comics that I have read from Marvel.
    For one thing, it has a really dark sense of humor that I didn't expected to find in a Modern Marvel comics, something that you find more in english comics like Judge Dredd or 2000 A.D.
    I am not a fan of the new Thanos: a creature of pure evil, who have lost for me the philosophical depth that Jim Starlin gave him. But, to be honest, it totally work ! Thanos as a pure force of evil and nihilism is horribly funny and frightening at the same time.

If you want to see Thanos texting a girl just to destroy the life of a 16 years old, helping a grandma cross the street for the most nihilistic and cruel reason or killing God just to see if mortals will still be good without hope of an afterlife, read this book.

It's for me the best Thanos comics since the Infinity Gauntlet, and I'm a big fan of Jim Starlin.
    Last edited by lordozone; 04-25-2018 at 02:24 PM.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Currently MagSeven

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    I never expect something really groudbreaking with annuals, but this book was one of the best anthology comics that I have read from Marvel.
    For one thing, it has a really dark sense of humor that I didn't expected to find in a Modern Marvel comics, something that you find more in english comics like Judge Dredd or 2000 A.D.
    I am not a fan of the new Thanos: a creature of pure evil, who have lost for me the philosophical depth that Jim Starlin gave him. But, to be honest, it totally work ! Thanos as a pure force of evil and nihilism is horribly funny and frightening at the same time.

If you want to see Thanos texting a girl just to destroy the life of a 16 years old, helping a grandma cross the street for the most nihilistic and cruel reason or killing God just to see if mortals will still be good without hope of an afterlife, read this book.

It's for me the best Thanos comics since the Infinity Gauntlet, and I'm a big fan of Jim Starlin.
    That story was one of the funniest and most tragic things, I've read all year. I loved this annual.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    I am not a fan of the new Thanos: a creature of pure evil, who have lost for me the philosophical depth that Jim Starlin gave him
    I agree with this part of your review. This new version could not interest me less and seems unworthy of the character. I'm glad you enjoyed it though.

This Thanos annual was certainly not for me. I enjoyed the first Gamora storyline but the rest was woeful.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Too much edegelord crap for Thanos in the annual.

There are like 2 stories that aren’t OOC for him here.