Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Maybe the power of Thor destroyed the hammer, but Thor literally had no idea what was happening lol.
    If only Marvel had people who check for errors and keep up with the history of character's storyline. Lol
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 04-27-2018 at 12:57 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

When people ask how I feel about XM:G?

Me:

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Gwuggenhweim writes one issue with Storm doing something besides sleeping + some good art and everyone on these boards go crazy. It's still the same pile of worthless drivel. Marquez and the other artists could be doing so much for other books right now.

A panel of Gambit speaking nonsensical "Cajunspeak", one panel of Rogue saying "yeehaw, ah'm nothing but a southern belle with the strength of twenty bullfrogs on a horse ranch, sugah", Rachel not going into a coma, and Magik going the bare minimum on the job doesn't make Gold automatically deserve the hype y'all are giving it. Also, Storm fans, he isn't acknowledging her godhood. He's just weighing her down with some previous plot point because he honest-to-God doesnt know what to do with her. Same with Rachel, who he's kept nerfing and un-nerfing so he can keep her busy and I doubt the "Dark Rachel Saga" (god, he wants to be Claremont so bad) will finish whatever craptastic character arc she's trudging through. And this forced marriage thing?

So he not only understands how problematic and pedophilic this is, but continues to put it through the lenses of "but age is just a number, love is love~!!!" I wonder where all the "Kitty is the sexual aggressor, so it's her fault" crowd is?

These last few issues, or more specifically in the last few review threads everyone has been singing his praise, here I am like he's literally doing what he's been doing since issue 1. Difference is he's finally taking more than a panel to acknowledge that other characters have a POV.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

The only thing that radiates off Rachel in this series is "victim". As another poster mentioned, the only reason she's being "powered up" is because Guggs is going to try to make her a viable threat to the X-Men...even though she isn't a viable threat to anyone other than someone else who really needs that medbay bed each issue.

‘Boyo’ again. God, this is trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
    ‘Boyo’ again. God, this is trash.
    Well, maybe Ol'Remy is channeling his inner leprechaun.

Incredible Member

Storm and the others can sense Rachel's new secondary mutation: Self-induced comas.

What the hell is with this “boyo” thing? I’m Cajun, we don’t say boyo!

As for the contents of the preview itself (and probably the entire issue, let’s be honest)? Well, trash is trash.

Seriously, this series is so bad Mr. Rogers would struggle to say something nice about it. I feel bad for the people that get suckered into buying this every other week. There is no reason real X-Men fans should have to put up with a book that is so revisionist, so obsessed with the past, that it sacrifices what the X-Men are all about so that others that are obsessed with this vision can say “OOH, I MEMBER DAT!”

Guggenheim is doing to the X-Men exactly what he did to to Arrow. Spitting on a beloved property in order to bring his vision to life.

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    What the hell is with this “boyo” thing? I’m Cajun, we don’t say boyo!
    Maybe he had a stroke and he’s trying to say “bayou”.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Gwuggenhweim writes one issue with Storm doing something besides sleeping + some good art and everyone on these boards go crazy. It's still the same pile of worthless drivel. Marquez and the other artists could be doing so much for other books right now.

A panel of Gambit speaking nonsensical "Cajunspeak", one panel of Rogue saying "yeehaw, ah'm nothing but a southern belle with the strength of twenty bullfrogs on a horse ranch, sugah", Rachel not going into a coma, and Magik going the bare minimum on the job doesn't make Gold automatically deserve the hype y'all are giving it. Also, Storm fans, he isn't acknowledging her godhood. He's just weighing her down with some previous plot point because he honest-to-God doesnt know what to do with her. Same with Rachel, who he's kept nerfing and un-nerfing so he can keep her busy and I doubt the "Dark Rachel Saga" (god, he wants to be Claremont so bad) will finish whatever craptastic character arc she's trudging through. And this forced marriage thing?

So he not only understands how problematic and pedophilic this is, but continues to put it through the lenses of "but age is just a number, love is love~!!!" I wonder where all the "Kitty is the sexual aggressor, so it's her fault" crowd is?
    so much truth,.

Gold is amazing! This is great stuff!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    That scene has always been the main argument of people who claim Colossus was a passive participant in their relationship, so I'm glad Guggs cleared things up by adding the bit where he admits kisses from a minor get him hard.
    You don't read any back-issues???

Sometimes, I wonder if Chris Claremont regrets paring Kitty and Colossus back then.

Gold is fine Guggenheim has hit his stride

BANNED

I was wondering why the style change in the drawing because the flashback drawing was good but then the main panels were sketchy.

It seems that there are two artists when I looked at the credits.

David Marquez art is excellent and should be kept as the main artist.

Geraldo's art sucks except on close-ups.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I'm gonna make a guess and assume the X-Men are all getting power ups to fight some major bad guy.

The major 'bad guy' is actually the Dark Hound.

Rachel is getting a power-up because she will have to defeat the whole X-Men team in the future.

It's funny how she lost to Mesmero again and again despite the power up. LOL.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Odd that Kitty isn't confronting Rachel about her issues but I guess it makes sense for Ororo to. I mean, she did train Rachel I'm the past and she isn't the type to just let things fester.

-

She's unstable. Mesmero knows this and knows that if she wasn't that Rachel would utterly destroy him.