Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

On positive note, I hope the artist stays on the book.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Good to see Rachel and Storm interacting but I'm already tired of hearing about how Rachel's powers are growing and getting stronger when she lost to Mesmero again and has not even shown any of this yet. It seems that upgrade powers are only valid when they turn against their friends.

On Storm's hammer this may not be the original but rather that copy of SW that somehow came to this universe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Good to see Rachel and Storm interacting but I'm already tired of hearing about how Rachel's powers are growing and getting stronger when she lost to Mesmero again and has not even shown any of this yet. It seems that upgrade powers are only valid when they turn against their friends.

On Storm's hammer this may not be the original but rather that copy of SW that somehow came to this universe.
    That’s exactly it. That Hammer isn’t cursed like it was when it was initially made. So I’m confused as Storm why it keeps coming back. You’d think she’d be possessed and doing all manner of EVIL if the Hammer was cursed, but doesn’t look like that to be the case. I REALLY want her to keep it and use it when the time is befitting.

Use it more before Thor comes and takes it!!!

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Listen let's just enjoy the hammer while it lasts because otherwise we're just gonna be right back to Storm naps.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    That’s exactly it. That Hammer isn’t cursed like it was when it was initially made. So I’m confused as Storm why it keeps coming back. You’d think she’d be possessed and doing all manner of EVIL if the Hammer was cursed, but doesn’t look like that to be the case. I REALLY want her to keep it and use it when the time is befitting.

Use it more before Thor comes and takes it!!!
    I can already think of a couple team busters I wanna see her fight against with Stormcaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Listen let's just enjoy the hammer while it lasts because otherwise we're just gonna be right back to Storm naps.
    Right. I can already see it. Storm gets into the major fight, throws Stormcaster and it boomerangs and knocks her out for the rest of the story.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I can already think of a couple team busters I wanna see her fight against with Stormcaster.
    Same here. I think her having the hammer kinda makes her one. We just need to SEE what she can do with that Hammer instead of Lightning.

Yes I agree. I’m enjoying the ride. Before Marvel or X-Office comes and snatches it away from her.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I'd also like to just say that I'm enjoying this new "era" for Gold. It feels like Guggenheim is actually telling the stories that he wants to tell as opposed to coasting along for a while, much like Bunn in Blue does. Guggenheim isn't my favorite person in general but this feels like the stuff that the guy who wrote the X-Tinction Agenda mini in 2015 during Secret Wars would be writing.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

I'd also like to just say that I'm enjoying this new "era" for Gold. It feels like Guggenheim is actually telling the stories that he wants to tell as opposed to coasting along for a while, much like Bunn in Blue does. Guggenheim isn't my favorite person in general but this feels like the stuff that the guy who wrote the X-Tinction Agenda mini in 2015 during Secret Wars would be writing.
    We’ll see. Right now I’m not impressed with anything he’s done so far. The ONLY thing I’m happy he’s done is acknowledged Storm is a God and brought back StormCaster. That’s it. Everything ELSE not happy.

BANNED

Storm needs to use that hammer to break through the 4th wall and tell Guggs to stop writing this crap.

Fundamentally I think Guggenheim has some decent ideas which could turn into decent X-books. I just wish there was a real editor involved or Guggenheim was working with another writer.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    Fundamentally I think Guggenheim has some decent ideas which could turn into decent X-books. I just wish there was a real editor involved or Guggenheim was working with another writer.
    Same thing with Soule. The ideas are there, but the execution is completely horrible. Bunn...*sigh* I dont even get his ideas.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    I don't know that rushing to get 2 books a month on top of everything else on his plate is helping matters. Probably doesn't afford a lot of time for back & forth with artists or editors either.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I'm gonna make a guess and assume the X-Men are all getting power ups to fight some major bad guy.

Also like how casual Storm caught her hammer.

It's like he doesn't even remember his own writing.
    Attachment 65198
    Maybe the power of Thor destroyed the hammer, but Thor literally had no idea what was happening lol.

Gwuggenhweim writes one issue with Storm doing something besides sleeping + some good art and everyone on these boards go crazy. It's still the same pile of worthless drivel. Marquez and the other artists could be doing so much for other books right now.

A panel of Gambit speaking nonsensical "Cajunspeak", one panel of Rogue saying "yeehaw, ah'm nothing but a southern belle with the strength of twenty bullfrogs on a horse ranch, sugah", Rachel not going into a coma, and Magik going the bare minimum on the job doesn't make Gold automatically deserve the hype y'all are giving it. Also, Storm fans, he isn't acknowledging her godhood. He's just weighing her down with some previous plot point because he honest-to-God doesnt know what to do with her. Same with Rachel, who he's kept nerfing and un-nerfing so he can keep her busy and I doubt the "Dark Rachel Saga" (god, he wants to be Claremont so bad) will finish whatever craptastic character arc she's trudging through. And this forced marriage thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    That scene has always been the main argument of people who claim Colossus was a passive participant in their relationship, so I'm glad Guggs cleared things up by adding the bit where he admits kisses from a minor get him hard.
    So he not only understands how problematic and pedophilic this is, but continues to put it through the lenses of "but age is just a number, love is love~!!!" I wonder where all the "Kitty is the sexual aggressor, so it's her fault" crowd is?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Gwuggenhweim writes one issue with Storm doing something besides sleeping + some good art and everyone on these boards go crazy. It's still the same pile of worthless drivel. Marquez and the other artists could be doing so much for other books right now.

A panel of Gambit speaking nonsensical "Cajunspeak", one panel of Rogue saying "yeehaw, ah'm nothing but a southern belle with the strength of twenty bullfrogs on a horse ranch, sugah", Rachel not going into a coma, and Magik going the bare minimum on the job doesn't make Gold automatically deserve the hype y'all are giving it. Also, Storm fans, he isn't acknowledging her godhood. He's just weighing her down with some previous plot point because he honest-to-God doesnt know what to do with her. Same with Rachel, who he's kept nerfing and un-nerfing so he can keep her busy and I doubt the "Dark Rachel Saga" (god, he wants to be Claremont so bad) will finish whatever craptastic character arc she's trudging through. And this forced marriage thing?

So he not only understands how problematic and pedophilic this is, but continues to put it through the lenses of "but age is just a number, love is love~!!!" I wonder where all the "Kitty is the sexual aggressor, so it's her fault" crowd is?
    please continue to spread the truth... qft.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!