Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

It's been a fun series and KT told a good story. Having said that, I am happy it is ending as I am more interested in Gambit's future state rather than an appeal to nostalgia however well written that appeal was. If KT didn't address it then not sure the Mags stuff will ever be properly addressed so let's just put all this angst and drama to bed and just move on.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    It's been a fun series and KT told a good story. Having said that, I am happy it is ending as I am more interested in Gambit's future state rather than an appeal to nostalgia however well written that appeal was. If KT didn't address it then not sure the Mags stuff will ever be properly addressed so let's just put all this angst and drama to bed and just move on.
    My thoughts exactly except I lean more towards Rogue. Now let the good times roll

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    My thoughts exactly except I lean more towards Rogue. Now let the good times roll
    At what point have the good times not rolled for Rogue? That brief time she was in a coma? Even while unconscious there was a subplot surrounding her lol. I think the only "bad" showing for Rogue was when she uncharacteristically murdered Scarlet Witch in cold blood. And that was just bad usage... at least she was being used.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    I'm going to miss this book when it's over, if someone had ask me about Rogue and Gambit as a couple 5 months ago I'd have said it was impossible for these two to get back together. But damn, KT has done a wonderful job so far that I really hope that this is not the end and the events of this mini carry on in another book (hopefully written by miss Thompson).
    Will miss is too. I hope fresh start will have a team with Romy.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    At what point have the good times not rolled for Rogue? That brief time she was in a coma? Even while unconscious there was a subplot surrounding her lol. I think the only "bad" showing for Rogue was when she uncharacteristically murdered Scarlet Witch in cold blood. And that was just bad usage... at least she was being used.
    O for the love of pete. I'm talking about from this point on. basically continue with the good and not fall behind just because she is going back to the Xbooks. That toxic waste that was swimming in their past relationship has been cleaned. I'm not looking for these two be an item again but I like the idea of both of them walking out equally and ready to start. HENCE the good times

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    You keep talking about this mini as if it were an out-of-continuity "what if?" book. You know, while the book is ending, the narrative is probably going to pop up. I think Marvel is re-embracing the idea of a "shared comic book universe". I actually look forward to the death of "continuity lite". Now all we need is another Asmus-esk Gambit solo to re-reestablish him and have it be actually recognized this time around.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    O for the love of pete. I'm talking about from this point on. basically continue with the good and not fall behind just because she is going back to the Xbooks. That toxic waste that was swimming in their past relationship has been cleaned. I'm not looking for these two be an item again but I like the idea of both of them walking out equally and ready to start. HENCE the good times
    Cheese and rice, it was tongue and cheek. I wasn't challenging you.... and uhh, good luck with that . While I thought that was the original purpose of this series (to split them up officially), after reading this, and seeing some interviews, I don't think that's where they are heading. They got away with a whole lot for it end with;

"Friends?"

"Yeah, buddy, always."
    Last edited by donpricetag; 05-01-2018 at 12:56 PM.
    Guild Member

BANNED

I knew it. The real situation would get glossed over. Oh well...bring on the next writer.

I still think my favorite Rogue costume is the 80's job with the black leotard and green shirt, boots, and white belt. Would that be the Silvestri costume?

My previous issues with Romy were the endless no-touching-angst and the senseless love triangles.
    If from now on, the relationship is written like in this mini and it breaks those annoying past trends, then I'm all for it. I mean, fun banter + kicking bad guys butts + extreme sexyness = yes please! Give me more of this Romy!

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    I still think my favorite Rogue costume is the 80's job with the black leotard and green shirt, boots, and white belt. Would that be the Silvestri costume?
    The Silvestri costume was the black bodysuit with the green strapless leotard, long green opera gloves, and green thigh high boots.

BANNED

Counting down to the final issue, my prediction is their relationship status will be left opened if they get back together.