Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default So... who defeats MCU Thanos w/ the Infinity Gauntlet [SPOILERS]

I was lucky enough to see Avengers: Infinity War on Wednesday night and it's fair to say I loved it.

I couldn't wait any longer to post related Rumbles threads!

As I'm aware a lot of people won't have seen the movie, here's the second warning of SPOILERS in this thread. I won't, therefore, be using the spoiler tag. You've been warned twice!

For those of you who have seen it, or those of you don't mind spoilers, here's what Thanos and the Infinity Stones are capable of...

MCU Thanos is a beast. At the start of the movie, he beat the Hulk up with ease, to the point that the Hulk refused to come out for the rest of the movie. Granted, he had the Power Stone at that point, but it's probably not a stretch to say he's probably a physical monster without it.

Then came the Space Stone, at which point Thanos was able to casually create portals to walk to any point in the universe he so wished.

Then came the Reality Stone, which was far more powerful than that joke Malekith made it look. It was altering characters' forms in much the same way Thanos did to Wolverine, Nova and Thor in the Infinity Gauntlet arc back in 1991. It was also able to turn projectiles into bubbles and alter the appearance and physical state of large areas (effectively creating illusions that characters could interact with physically).

Then came the Soul Stone. Its individual powers weren't really shown, but it's described as the most powerful stone and it certainly made Thanos more dangerous. Presumably, it can remove the souls of living beings, resurrect the dead and what not (although you have to assume the Time Stone, Reality Stone and Power Stone would enable those things to happen anyway).

The Time Stone was next. We've already seen what this is capable of in Doctor Strange, but Thanos was able to use it to reverse time after the Mind Stone was destroyed, so he could go back and collect it while it was still intact.

Finally, the Mind Stone came into his possession. This stone can control the minds of others and has produced some powerful energy blasts, but for Thanos, it was final piece in the puzzle of his plan to wipe out half of all life in the universe.

Collectively, they enable him to do exactly that, with a click of his fingers, just like in the comics - a level of power I really never thought we'd see in the MCU.

So, who's the weakest character out there who can beat the MCU's Mad Titan with all six Infinity Stones in place in his gauntlet?

It's not really shown if he actually used the power stone to beat up the hulk, might have been his own strenght was enough heh, it was not shining or anything and he wasnt doing his fist clench to activate it, and the black order remark made me think this is just his base strenght. ( "Let him have his fun" ) also, one of the black order members was just as strong (if not stronger) then the hulk. feels odd to have one of his "children" be stronger then Thanos, even if its only physical strenght.

The Reality stone is the real power here. Secondly the Time stone.

I guess a greater/faster reality warper then Thanos can beat him? When thanos thinks he can stop time/reverse time/turn enemy into bubbles. so his opponent has to be quicker and have the oomph to do it.

I don't think any live action hero or villain can really do it.

He didn't use the stone to beat Hulk.

Everytime Thanos used a stone they made sure to show the color of the stone.

He just straight up beat his ass
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Just to clarify, before a third, fourth and fifth (etc) person says it (given that two have felt the need to already), I haven't said he used the Power Stone to beat Hulk. I said he merely had it and would probably have been the same physical beast without it.

Regardless, it's irrelevant here, as he's got all six for this fight.

Also, even Mantis her "sleep" move only worked for 50% on a none mindstone equipped Thanos. the same move that easily worked on multiple gods. Thanos had insane will

So i'm note sure a telepath can mindcontrol him, especially not with the mind stone.

It was shown over and over that Thanos has to close his gauntlet fist to use the stones. or touch his fingers together for the snap. He can't just use the stones with is mind.

All you would need is someone fast enough get across the arena to grab the gauntlet and strong enough to take it off before Thanos can react. Spider-Man + Tony almost got the glove off after a long struggle.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    It was shown over and over that Thanos has to close his gauntlet fist to use the stones. or touch his fingers together for the snap. He can't just use the stones with is mind.

All you would need is someone fast enough get across the arena to grab the gauntlet and strong enough to take it off before Thanos can react. Spider-Man + Tony almost got the glove off after a long struggle.
    Making a fist doesnt really take long though. Tony and Spider-man were doing it after a long struggle as you say, but that was a thanos that was half asleep.

Also, did thanos have to activate the time stone the same way? it looked like he reversed time without doing anything really.

Thanos was also in a state of emotional turmoil when Mantis got him too, something an empath would take advantage of(before Quill pushed it too far)

Basically when fighting intelligently you need extreme superspeed and strength to get the gauntlet off him solo outside of reality warping(and pretty hefty RW at that since Thanos's own feats of RW with the reality gem weren't lightweight either)

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    Making a fist doesnt really take long though. Tony and Spider-man were doing it after a long struggle as you say, but that was a thanos that was half asleep.

Also, did thanos have to activate the time stone the same way? it looked like he reversed time without doing anything really.
    He had to close his fist and do the turning motion to activate the soul stone. Similar to Dr. Strange.

He had to close his fist and do the turning motion to activate the soul stone. Similar to Dr. Strange.
    Ah alrighty, i do remember him turning his arm to reverse time.

oh yeah, the person would be fast.

But I mean, people were able to "shoot" stuff in this fist to stop him from closing it.

The hard part would be getting the gauntlet off without getting punched by someone who can hurt the hulk

He didn't use the stone to beat Hulk.

Everytime Thanos used a stone they made sure to show the color of the stone.

He just straight up beat his ass
    I concur. But man, what a glorious beatdown.

Also, even Mantis her "sleep" move only worked for 50% on a none mindstone equipped Thanos. the same move that easily worked on multiple gods. Thanos had insane will

So i'm note sure a telepath can mindcontrol him, especially not with the mind stone.
    It's amazing that Mantis was powerful enough to keep the planet Ego, Elder of the Universe, asleep, but Thanos kept resisting.

-----

On a side note, and totally irrelevant to the fight, but it's kind of hilarious that Thanos' last stone was the Mind Stone, when really it was likely the first stone he had but he gave it to Loki to try to get the Space Stone. Oopsie.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

You need a combo of speed and strength.

DCEU Superman perhaps. Dash in and wrench the gauntlet off. He’s certainly faster/reaction time is quicker too than any MCU character after his feats in Justice League.

Movie Xavier mind stops him?
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    You need a combo of speed and strength.

DCEU Superman perhaps. Dash in and wrench the gauntlet off. He’s certainly faster/reaction time is quicker too than any MCU character after his feats in Justice League.

Movie Xavier mind stops him?
    is he THAT fast to transverse the arena before two fingers can touch each other?

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

is he THAT fast to transverse the arena before two fingers can touch each other?
    Considering how fast he was when fighting Flash?

Yes.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM