Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I agree that Thanos is more than likely screwed against Xavier and their ilk, but I wouldn't exactly say the Mantis feat should be downplayed because she's an "empath" either.

She just said she couldn't read thoughts. Only emotions. But her offensive stuff is still her putting commands in your brain. Thanos straight up resisted falling asleep to the same command that put a Celestial to bed. Unlike Ego, Thanos was still carrying out conversation, standing upright and making two very strong heroes work at dragging a big metal glove off.

Like I said, I'm confident Xavier could smack him around all the same, I just think it's a decent feat against lower end comic guys.
    just wanted to say, i totally agree with your Thanos mental resistance points

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

In the past, you have argued that cosmic level entities in 616 don't particularly need feats of psychic resistance to be given a pass. Not sure why this is so different.

Ego is a being of mostly pure energy that through sheer force of will has created a planet's worth of malleable physical matter to house his consciousness. He implanted images in Quill's brain of his grand plan for the Expansion with such force that not even the idea of all of his friends dying could shake him out of his daze. It took the realization of his mother's murder to do so. He has feats of multitasking dozens of functions at the same time, including said Expansion while doing battle.

I would argue that Mantis knocking him out to the point where he couldn't do anything is pretty significant, whereas Thanos was only turned sluggish. Xavier or J'onn is a bridge too far, but I'm comfortable saying like... Grodd couldn't mess with the guy. Mileage may vary. Like you said, its hard to quantify with our traditional metrics so it may just be opinion.
    The difference is that Thanos and Ego aren't part of a setting where high end psionics has been established as part of the standard package for cosmic types, like it has been for the Marvel 616 comics. To liken it back to our previous conversation, Ego isn't the Tenebrous in this scenario, he's the Beerus.

I am not saying handling Ego isn't a big deal, it's just hard to say how big a deal. All we can CONCLUSIVELY say is that based on how Mantis handled them, Drax < Ego < Thanos. I think you are right that the empath vs telepath distinction probably isn't worth much, and I could certainly see Thanos taking a psi-assault from Grodd long enough to close his fist and use the gauntlet. It is just hard to draw conclusions from a setting with a dearth of telepaths.

BANNED

What...the...actual...

But its still nowhere near Asura's Wrath levels of insanity yet.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    What...the...actual...

It's kind of ridiculous that Saitama hasn't accidentally destroyed the solar system.

Thanos floats as he has done it. Question a familiar capes being.

T: Who are you? Insect!

DLC: I am the stuff of nightmares.

: Cue glove vanishing..

T:?!

DLC: Welcome to the food chain you purple bitch!!!

: His new theme Who Will Kniw playing. As he destroys the Titan with Big Bang level energy blasts.:

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    What...the...actual...

Is this real?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Is this real?
    Nope. This is fan made. Its very high quality however.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

BANNED

Nope. This is fan made. Its very high quality however.
    Yer I think we haven't gotten to the end of the Monster Association arc yet?