Thread: Mad Hatter

Default Mad Hatter

Was looking over Batman's villains and figured that I never have really read a Mad Hatter focused story. So can anyone recommend something of the sorts? Looked over wikipedia and it looks like last thing with him was in Batman: Dark Knight by Hurwitz. How was it?

BANNED

Secret Six: Six Degrees of Devastation was very good and Jervis had a large role in it.

All Star Batman #8 was about the Hatter and was a single issue tale that tied into a bigger story

I've not read many good ones, but I seem to recall a story in Gotham Central with him that was really good.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

BANNED

"Unknowing" written by Greg Rucka in Detective Comics where Jervis tries to take control of the GCPD using a variety of drug cocktails is the very best. Rucka wrote him as a truly evil and unsympathetic character which worked perfectly. Read that and his appearance in Robin Year One and you'll be straight

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Also, origin. I think someone else in another thread asked for it, but I forgot which. I want to know as well. Is there an origin comic for Mad Hatter?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Also, origin. I think someone else in another thread asked for it, but I forgot which. I want to know as well. Is there an origin comic for Mad Hatter?
    He has no definitive origin storyline; however both Secret Six and Gotham Central feature scenes from or references to his past; the latter especially

Batman: Madness is easily my favorite Hatter comic, and one of my favorite one-shots. It was pretty much the book that made me search out all the other Loeb/Sale collaborations as well.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans