Thread: Tales of Honor

Amazing Member

Default Tales of Honor

Anybody reading this series and have any impressions to post? I very much enjoyed reading some Honor Harrington novels back in the 90s, and I was surprised to see the "honorverse" has now blown past its initial twelve book plan, sprouted into graphic novels, and even has its own godawful mobile game.

Ive read issue # 2 today hoping it wouldnt be as wordy as #1.........Its even more wordier, its like reading a book. I think it took me 20 minutes at least to read it.
    I find it extremely strenuous to get through. But I love the art, and the story seems interesting.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Pezzini View Post
    Ive read issue # 2 today hoping it wouldnt be as wordy as #1.........Its even more wordier, its like reading a book. I think it took me 20 minutes at least to read it.
    I find it extremely strenuous to get through. But I love the art, and the story seems interesting.
    I guess in trying to remain faithful to the source material, the writer is leaving a little too much novel in. I always found the Honorverse a little challenging to visualize, so I'm eager to see an artist's interpretation.

I can handle dense, so I think I'll take the plunge. Thanks for your impressions.

I read the first issue and found it to be outstanding in almost every respect. I had two minor nitpicks but nothing came close to affecting my enjoyment of the comic.

As for it taking a long time to read...I say GOOD! I want a comic that takes me more than five minutes to read and needing time to digest everything I've read or having to read it again is something I don't mind in the least.

I have issue #2 but haven't read it yet.

I wrote a comic review article back around the time the first issue came out and said that the series could become my favorite new series of the year.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I like it. The art is top notch. I like the story line. No complaints.