Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Thor (mcu) vs Justice league minus Superman (dceu) (SPOILERS Infinity war)

Thats right.

Current Thor, wielding Stormbreaker vs Wonderwoman, The Flash, Cyborg Aquaman and Batman.

Can they stop the God of Thunder?

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    Thats right.

Current Thor, wielding Stormbreaker vs Wonderwoman, The Flash, Cyborg Aquaman and Batman.

Can they stop the God of Thunder?
    Yes.

Because he’s still a statue to Flash and Diana.

Speed kills. So does Diana’s sword.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Hmm, really? Flash i agree (i mean wonder woman was a statue to him to basically) but Diana to?

His durabillity to take on the brunt of the output of a star won't help him survive her sword?

What is flash gonna do? Run into him and fall down?

What stops thor from flying and throwing lightning everywhere?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Hmm, really? Flash i agree (i mean wonder woman was a statue to him to basically) but Diana to?

His durabillity to take on the brunt of the output of a star won't help him survive her sword?
    Ohh, his energy defense is awesome now.

But he’a been shown multiple times to be weaker against the stabby and slicey damage.

Diana is a high end bullet timer (modern machine gun fire).

100 feet won’t save Thor. Or Flash just takes Diana’s weapon.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    What is flash gonna do? Run into him and fall down?

What stops thor from flying and throwing lightning everywhere?
    Because he’s too slow?

Flash was fast enough that the World was frozen save him and Clark. He grabs Diana’s weapon and cuts Thor’s throat.

Diana, likewise, is a very high end bullet timer with a weapon that can kill Thor. Thor is not a high end bullet timer.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Because he’s too slow?

Flash was fast enough that the World was frozen save him and Clark. He grabs Diana’s weapon and cuts Thor’s throat.

Diana, likewise, is a very high end bullet timer with a weapon that can kill Thor. Thor is not a high end bullet timer.
    Considering Thor's latest durability feat, I'm not so sure that weapon can get the job done against him.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    Considering Thor's latest durability feat, I'm not so sure that weapon can get the job done against him.
    He hasn’t shown any enhanced durability to stabbing or slicing however. Until he has, we have to work with what we’ve seen unfortunately.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

i get where you're coming from but, the guy took that star for half a minute, not only that, when he got fried and Ko'd, Stormbreaker basically healed him up instantly.

Seems odd to me that a mere sword be able to slice him up just fine.

i get where you're coming from but, the guy took that star for half a minute, not only that, when he got fried and Ko'd, Stormbreaker basically healed him up instantly.

Seems odd to me that a mere sword be able to slice him up just fine.
    Diana’s Sword(s) are godly forged weapons. She sliced through Doomsday with one, a being who was durable enough to trade blows with Superman, heal and become more durable from a nuke, etc....

Compartmentilized durability is pretty standard in a lot of fiction. Comic Wonder Woman trades blows with Class 100’s but has a much weaker durability against blades/piercing weapons. Same with pretty much all the Naruto characters. Shrug of massive energy blasts but still get shanked by a simple knife/kunai.

Movie Thor is pretty much the same.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Diana’s Sword(s) are godly forged weapons. She sliced through Doomsday with one, a being who was durable enough to trade blows with Superman, heal and become more durable from a nuke, etc....

Compartmentilized durability is pretty standard in a lot of fiction. Comic Wonder Woman trades blows with Class 100’s but has a much weaker durability against blades/piercing weapons. Same with pretty much all the Naruto characters. Shrug of massive energy blasts but still get shanked by a simple knife/kunai.

Thor is way more durable than Doomsday now.
    Thor survived the power gem explosion that destroyed his ship in the beginning and tanked the full brunt of a star. Stormbreaker Thor is above even that, since he healed to perfect health seconds after getting it. WW can't hurt him. Cutting doomsday isn't enough. Thor tanks a WW blitz pretty easily..and literally just has to think lighting and its all over him.

Mighty Member

Let's not go overboard on the Thor durability idea. Clearly this was not a real world equivalent star. For one thing is is significantly smaller. For another, Rocket had no issue standing within 20-30 feet of this energy stream (solar flare?) that was blasting Thor. Certainly it was meant to show Thor being exceptionally tough, but I would say it is pretty tough to quantify and there is nothing to suggest it is greater than a nuclear warhead. It produced enough energy to melt some bars of metal (presumably Uru) but not damage the crucible, the station, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    Let's not go overboard on the Thor durability idea. Clearly this was not a real world equivalent star. For one thing is is significantly smaller. For another, Rocket had no issue standing within 20-30 feet of this energy stream (solar flare?) that was blasting Thor. Certainly it was meant to show Thor being exceptionally tough, but I would say it is pretty tough to quantify and there is nothing to suggest it is greater than a nuclear warhead. It produced enough energy to melt some bars of metal (presumably Uru) but not damage the crucible, the station, etc.)
    Exactly.

The “star” was the size of a large building. He didn’t exactly dive into our sun here, folks.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Yeah, as awesome as Thor might have been in the movie, I think people are slightly overselling him.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Compartmentalized durabiltiy is NOT a thing on Rumbles without consistent feats to show it. Ever.

Comics Wonder Woman? Definitely: she's EXPLICITLY weak to bullets, but can eat a nuke. Stupid? Absolutely, but the facts nonetheless.

Comics Spider Man is the same. Dude can take hits from class 20's and not show a bruise, but can be cut by normal knives or injured by normal bullets.

I don't know that there's REMOTELY enough here to say that Thor has any particular weakness, and I say this as someone who has seen every non-IW movie he's been in multiple times. He's never cut or injured even slightly by any non-Asgardian pointy weapons, and those are quite clearly extra-special-super-duper tools of awesome cutitude.

I would be OK saying that Diana can cut Thor with her sword. I'm not sure that Flash could. Sure, in real-world physics, his speed should make that a thing, but this is no real-world physics, and he doesn't hit particularly hard. Nothing like Fox Quicksilver, for example.

I haven't seen IW yet, so I'll hold