Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member Spiritualcramp's Avatar

Default MCU Iron Man vs. DCEU Nam-Ek

Bleeding Edge Nanotech Iron man as of his battle on Titan
    who wins

I would say Tony did way more then Namek ever showed causing Thanks to bleed VS surviving a gas station blowing uo

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Tony's new armor is pretty bad ass. I actually think he can take this.

Nam-ek was just as fast as the other kyrptonians right?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Mmmm..... not especially no.

Tony could get a 10 count on the basis of sensory overload like hat happened to Faora.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    The issue there is that the speed they showed in that period was really nothing compared to what Clark shows later. Faora moves really fast in straight lines, but stops to strike. Nam-Ek doesn't even really do that. He has a decently quick super jump, launching himself at the Warthog, but that's it; it's not bullet-time, and it's not even close to the best Tony shows. Nobody dodges a bullet, and they seem completely incapable of really approaching "bullet time" status, being relatively incapable of reacting to them.

I would say that Tony can take this, thanks to just how awesome his new armor is. Mileage may, of course, vary.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Mmmm..... not especially no.

Tony could get a 10 count on the basis of sensory overload like hat happened to Faora.
    I reckon old Tony would have had to resort to sensory overload, but Bleeding Edge seems like it could straight out fight Nam-Ek.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I reckon old Tony would have had to resort to sensory overload, but Bleeding Edge seems like it could straight out fight Nam-Ek.
    Making Thanos bleed, if only a little, when the guy straight up ignored the Hulk's best shots is a strong point in Stark's favor. Certainly.

How do we rate that feat for Tony? Is that... a strength thing? Striking power? *shrugs* IIRC, he did it with a blunt edge, not a blade.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Making Thanos bleed, if only a little, when the guy straight up ignored the Hulk's best shots is a strong point in Stark's favor. Certainly.

How do we rate that feat for Tony? Is that... a strength thing? Striking power? *shrugs* IIRC, he did it with a blunt edge, not a blade.
    Eh, it came after a whole extended fight of everyone wailing on Thanos. I wouldn't say it makes Tony hit harder than Hulk or anything. But I do think Tony seemed to be more durable, powerful, and fluid in his fighting style than I recall for his previous armors. I mean, could you imagine Steve and Bucky trying to fight that thing?

TBF, Thanos was wearing his armor when he fought Hulk
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Eh, it came after a whole extended fight of everyone wailing on Thanos. I wouldn't say it makes Tony hit harder than Hulk or anything. But I do think Tony seemed to be more durable, powerful, and fluid in his fighting style than I recall for his previous armors. I mean, could you imagine Steve and Bucky trying to fight that thing?
    Extended or not, he had no visible damage until that one hit by that one character.

Unless you are saying his chest and back getting blasted by other stuff somehow weakened the durability of his cheek?

And nah, poor Captain America lol. Civil War would have been a lot different with that suit :P
    - big_adventure

Extended or not, he had no visible damage until that one hit by that one character.

Unless you are saying his chest and back getting blasted by other stuff somehow weakened the durability of his cheek?

And nah, poor Captain America lol. Civil War would have been a lot different with that suit :P

I'm saying I don't think the movie was thinking that hard about relative power levels to Thanos when Spider-Man was at least knocking the dude around a little. None of this stuff should have lowered the durability of the skin on Thanos's cheek, but the movie was more about having big awesome moments and an epic scale story than consistent power displays. Who know, maybe Scrotum Chin's durability is somehow linked to his stamina for all intents and purposes.

Or, if you like, it seemed like a pretty lucky hit that Tony got in. Hulk could potentially get a lucky hit too. Tony and company just had a lot going on to keep Thanos off balance, and none of them actually fared better than Hulk once Thanos got his hands on them.

Edit: Also, Hulk was knocking the dude around, it just didn't do any meaningful damage. And the guy was armored at the time... for whatever the heck that may have been worth.
    Last edited by Captain Morgan; 05-09-2018 at 11:23 AM.

I get what you are saying, but the movie creators not trying to do a thing, doesn't mean we can't do a thing. Which is make direct comparisons of damage dealt and by what.

I will admit we have no idea how much the armor helped Thanos however. Personally I doubt it did much, otherwise he would probably put it back on for other conflicts, but eh. I can't prove anything.
    - big_adventure

I get what you are saying, but the movie creators not trying to do a thing, doesn't mean we can't do a thing. Which is make direct comparisons of damage dealt and by what.

I will admit we have no idea how much the armor helped Thanos however. Personally I doubt it did much, otherwise he would probably put it back on for other conflicts, but eh. I can't prove anything.
    So how much stronger than Hulk do you think the new armor is? Because if you reject all those explanations, then that's the conclusion that seems to emerge. And I really don't think they presented it as hitting harder than the Hulk.

So how much stronger than Hulk do you think the new armor is? Because if you reject all those explanations, then that's the conclusion that seems to emerge. And I really don't think they presented it as hitting harder than the Hulk.
    A completely new set of armor means we can not really evaluate its consistency based on prior armor iterations.

In its extremely brief new showings, it could hit hard enough to bleed, if only barely, a guy tough enough to take the Hulk's best shots, ignore Quills blasters, ignore Thor's lightning, and ignore getting a space craft tossed on his head. How that translates to strength in terms of pushing or lifting, I'm not sure. His fist had some sort of contraption on it when he bled the guy with the punch.

But yeah, I'm pretty comfortable saying he can at least hit harder than the Hulk as of now.
    - big_adventure