Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Compartmentalized durabiltiy is NOT a thing on Rumbles without consistent feats to show it. Ever.

Comics Wonder Woman? Definitely: she's EXPLICITLY weak to bullets, but can eat a nuke. Stupid? Absolutely, but the facts nonetheless.

Comics Spider Man is the same. Dude can take hits from class 20's and not show a bruise, but can be cut by normal knives or injured by normal bullets.

I don't know that there's REMOTELY enough here to say that Thor has any particular weakness, and I say this as someone who has seen every non-IW movie he's been in multiple times. He's never cut or injured even slightly by any non-Asgardian pointy weapons, and those are quite clearly extra-special-super-duper tools of awesome cutitude.

I would be OK saying that Diana can cut Thor with her sword. I'm not sure that Flash could. Sure, in real-world physics, his speed should make that a thing, but this is no real-world physics, and he doesn't hit particularly hard. Nothing like Fox Quicksilver, for example.

I haven't seen IW yet, so I'll hold
    My point was more he’s clearly stabbable by much physically weaker people (with good weapons), like Loki.

Diana is much stronger, and can therefore use her own magic sword to cut him. Flash could potentially do so as well (referencing the much physically weaker Loki than Thor managing it).

Flash hit hard enough to knock a Parademon out/away.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    My point was more he’s clearly stabbable by much physically weaker people (with good weapons), like Loki.

Diana is much stronger, and can therefore use her own magic sword to cut him. Flash could potentially do so as well (referencing the much physically weaker Loki than Thor managing it).

Considering that Loki has held his own against Thor in a physical fight, I doubt he's that much weaker than him.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    Considering that Loki has held his own against Thor in a physical fight, I doubt he's that much weaker than him.
    Compare Thor vs. Hulk and Loki vs. Hulk in Avengers. Loki is clearly not in the same strength range as Thor.

Yeah. Thor always held back against his brother.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    Well......yeah, no. Loki and every other Asgardian not named Thor (with Valkyrie being an exception) has been consistantly much less physically powerful.

Most bog standard Asgardians are between Captain America and Jessica Jones level.

Of course, Loki is a Frost Giant, but they don’t exactly have massive strength feats either.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

The thing about Thor now is, he doesn't need to aim or direct his lightning anymore. As you can see here during the bridge fight it just arcs off him without conscious direction. If Flash or Diana tries to get close, he doesn't need to be aware in order to have a defense. Flash can dodge and Diana can block the bolts, but if her arms are occupied with defense she can't very well use her sword to attack, and he only needs enough time to lift off and the fight's done. He can throw much larger bolts than Ares, with a great enough volume to simply hit Diana around her bracers, he can AOE the ground enough to trip up Flash (he has a serious problem with that in JL) and for kicks, he can make a tornado to mess with the others.

Batman hits hard enough to knock parademons away. It's not exactly a good feat.

I'll grant Wonder Woman might have the strength to power through Thor with a magical weapon, but I'm not sold that she has the speed to cross the standard distance before Thor gets to superjumping away and blasting her with lightning and/or hurling Stormbreaker at her from range (which will kill her). She can move her arms at bullet speed, but I don't think she can cross 300" before Thor can jump.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    The thing about Thor now is, he doesn't need to aim or direct his lightning anymore. As you can see here during the bridge fight it just arcs off him without conscious direction. If Flash or Diana tries to get close, he doesn't need to be aware in order to have a defense. Flash can dodge and Diana can block the bolts, but if her arms are occupied with defense she can't very well use her sword to attack, and he only needs enough time to lift off and the fight's done. He can throw much larger bolts than Ares, with a great enough volume to simply hit Diana around her bracers, he can AOE the ground enough to trip up Flash (he has a serious problem with that in JL) and for kicks, he can make a tornado to mess with the others.
    It’s clearly not an automatic always on auto-defense. Or else every time he fights it would be arcing off him. Now that’s not true.

He must either have to activate it and leave it on or he is thinking about where they strike and it just works (noting it doesn’t strike his allies or constantly try to strike out at Hela when they duel on the bridge).
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Loki is weaker than Thor, and it's not particularly close. But Loki is FAR FAR FAR stronger than Flash - the difference between Flash and Loki is probably larger than the difference between Loki and Thor.

Plus, Asgardian weapons are AT LEAST as cutty stabby magic super awesome as Diana's sword. First, Hela is repeatedly impaled and cut by Asgardian blades. She's not REMOTELY slowed by this, but she's cut by them. She just ignores them and insta-heals. Hela, in other durability, catches Mjolnir and smashes it in one hand, and the ensuing blast is ignored. She takes shots from Thor and ignores them more or less. She isn't particularly damaged by the biggest lightning strike in the history of same. She no-sells dozens of shots from Asgardian fighting ships, those things being capable of one-shotting Dark Elf ships that can crash through solid rock and stone without a scratch.

Thor is easily cut multiple times by Asgardian blades. But he's never particularly hurt by anything else that's less than "really damn strong, like WAY the hell stronger than a regular knife." Multiple Asgardians ignore assault rifle fire. But they are cut just fine by Asgardian blades, when wielded by Asgardians. The Destroyer is totally unscratched by tons of gunfire, and an Asgardian spear thingy impales the hell out of it.

I guess that the most important thing here is that Asgardian blades cut through anything but can't hurt or really slow down named characters? :-)

Think about it: Thor is stabbed multiple times and never fails to keep fighting. Hela flat out ignores getting stabbed, cut or impaled. Destroyer just Rubik's Cubes itself back to butt-kicking mode.
    Last edited by big_adventure; 04-28-2018 at 10:12 AM.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Well......yeah, no. Loki and every other Asgardian not named Thor (with Valkyrie being an exception) has been consistantly much less physically powerful.

Most bog standard Asgardians are between Captain America and Jessica Jones level.

Of course, Loki is a Frost Giant, but they don’t exactly have massive strength feats either.
    Eh...

Loki is clearly shown to be significantly stronger and tougher than Cap. And Cap doesn't really have strength feats on Sif's level from TV.

And all of them are indeed way weaker to pre-upgrade Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Multiple Asgardians ignore assault rifle fire.
    I think this bears repeating, because people often forget this. Loki himself outright ignores point-blank gunshots when attacking shield.

Compare this to what happens to Diana when she got shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    Batman hits hard enough to knock parademons away. It's not exactly a good feat.

I'll grant Wonder Woman might have the strength to power through Thor with a magical weapon, but I'm not sold that she has the speed to cross the standard distance before Thor gets to superjumping away and blasting her with lightning and/or hurling Stormbreaker at her from range (which will kill her). She can move her arms at bullet speed, but I don't think she can cross 300" before Thor can jump.
    Hmm, she crosses a room to block a bunch of machine gun fire ten minutes into Justice League, from a bunch of different angles. Plus her blitz feat in WW where she grabs the guys arm instantly (faster than anyone could see) and chucks him away.

Plus she can super jump too.

I mean, Thor doesn’t have that speed.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Spectacular Member ParticleFreezer's Avatar

A star hot enough to melt wonder womans little sword. You guys. Honestly believe a sword is going to do more damage than a F King star? This discussion is ridiculous.

When do Asgardians ignore bullets?

Sif’s armor sparks off as bullets hit it, but she uses a shield to block most of them.

He’ll, Scurge used assault rifles to destroy a bunch of Asgardians zombies.

Now Loki does, I will give you that. I had forgotten that point.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Hmm, she crosses a room to block a bunch of machine gun fire ten minutes into Justice League, from a bunch of different angles. Plus her blitz feat in WW where she grabs the guys arm instantly (faster than anyone could see) and chucks him away.

Plus she can super jump too.

I mean, Thor doesn’t have that speed.
    You mean this scene?

Because that proves my point. She can move her arms bullet time, but she crosses, what, 20 feet in the speed a gunman takes to arc an assault rifle.

That is not enough speed to cross 300" before Thor can simply jump.