Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ParticleFreezer View Post
    A star hot enough to melt wonder womans little sword. You guys. Honestly believe a sword is going to do more damage than a F King star? This discussion is ridiculous.
    You.....do understand things have more or less durability depending, right?

In Comics, Wonder Woman has survived nukes.

She’s been stabbed before. Yet she’s tanked Class 100’s beating on her.

In the movies, Thor has been stabbed several times. Are those swords more powerful than a star?

Perfect example
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    You mean this scene?

Because that proves my point. She can move her arms bullet time, but she crosses, what, 20 feet in the speed a gunman takes to arc an assault rifle.

That is not enough speed to cross 300" before Thor can simply jump.
    Or the scene where she super jumps at Doomsday pretty instantly?

And the starting distance is 100 ft last I checked, so.....
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Please note, I do agree Thor is more powerful than Diana at the moment. He clearly is.

But she just happens to have the speed and right tools.

I will admit Flash probably can’t do it due to lack of strength I suppose.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Or the scene where she super jumps at Doomsday pretty instantly?

And the starting distance is 100 ft last I checked, so.....
    Oh, sorry. I misremembered it as 100 meters (i.e. 300 feet). You're right, the starting distance is 100 feet.

But basically the point stands. If that clip is the full extent of Diana's running speed, she's able to cross 20 feet in the time a shooter is able to arc an assault rifle. Still slower than it takes for Thor to jump. And Thor can jump much higher than Diana can now.

Oh, sorry. I misremembered it as 100 meters (i.e. 300 feet). You're right, the starting distance is 100 feet.

But basically the point stands. If that clip is the full extent of Diana's running speed, she's able to cross 20 feet in the time a shooter is able to arc an assault rifle. Still slower than it takes for Thor to jump. And Thor can jump much higher than Diana can now.
    I disagree. With her bar scene, assault rifle scene, and her super jump as Doomsday, she can get 100 ft to him.

Or, she could try to use her speed to lasso him and stop him from using his lightning. I think that’s more chancey than the sword blitz myself.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Exactly.

The “star” was the size of a large building. He didn’t exactly dive into our sun here, folks.
    A star's surface area is not indicative of it's mass, I want to say Thor said it was dead Neutron Star when describing it to the Guardians, but don't remember clearly if that was the case, but if it was that means it's the core of a Supermassive star(10-30 times the size of the sun) that went Supernova and then collapsed in on itself via gravity and is considered the densest object in the universe, like it was a hair's breadth from becoming a black hole

There is also this

Starting at around 3 minutes

Diana is definitely faster than Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    There is also this

Starting at around 3 minutes

Diana is definitely faster than Thor.
    Not really, no. It shows that she is fast enough to cross around 100" feet in enough time for a soldier to raise up a rifle and shoot her (resulting in the obligatory bullet parry with her bracelets). Its not particularly contradictory to her future feat of crossing around 20" in enough time for a gunman to sweep an assault rifle.

It also actually proves a point. Diana was not fast enough to cross 100" before any of the soldiers let out a shot. One, in particular, was able to raise his rifle, aim it, and fire at her while she was running. This just gave credence to her not being fast enough to prevent Thor from simply superjumping away.
    Last edited by Twickster; 04-28-2018 at 11:13 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    A star's surface area is not indicative of it's mass, I want to say Thor said it was dead Neutron Star when describing it to the Guardians, but don't remember clearly if that was the case, but if it was that means it's the core of a Supermassive star(10-30 times the size of the sun) that went Supernova and then collapsed in on itself via gravity and is considered the densest object in the universe, like it was a hair's breadth from becoming a black hole
    Yeah, I think it was described as a neutron star. That would account for it's size.

Depending on it's age, it would be EXTREMELY hot. To survive that for even a few minutes was pretty insane.

To say nothing about the radiation, which would be the destroy molecular bonds and melt you into goo variety

It’s clearly not an automatic always on auto-defense. Or else every time he fights it would be arcing off him. Now that’s not true.

He must either have to activate it and leave it on or he is thinking about where they strike and it just works (noting it doesn’t strike his allies or constantly try to strike out at Hela when they duel on the bridge).
    I still need to see Infinity War but the bridge fight was the only instance of him fighting more than one person at a time with his new lightning, so the only time it could happen, it did happen.

Mighty Member

Because that proves my point. She can move her arms bullet time, but she crosses, what, 20 feet in the speed a gunman takes to arc an assault rifle.
    Why would she run faster in that scene? She has to be in position to block the bullets. If she runs faster than the guy moves the gun, then the remaining bullets would be going behind her and hitting the people. The fact is that she can easily move her arms fast enough to block bullets and there is no reason to think her legs are any slower. Moreover, she has a faster movement speed feat in her fight against Ares.
    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Yeah, I think it was described as a neutron star. That would account for it's size.

Depending on it's age, it would be EXTREMELY hot. To survive that for even a few minutes was pretty insane.
    A neutron star is still about 12 km across. It also isn't inert until you spin some rings around it. How durable do you think the Guardians' little pod is that was flying 20 feet off the surface of this neutron star? How durable is Rocket to be in the pod that is so close to the neutron star? How durable is Rocket to be 10 feet from the stream of super duper neutron star energy that Thor was standing in (which is being claimed as requiring more durability than surviving a nuclear warhead)? If Doomsday were to take Thor's place there, what would you expect the result to be, given his movie feats?

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    Why would she run faster in that scene? She has to be in position to block the bullets. If she runs faster than the guy moves the gun, then the remaining bullets would be going behind her and hitting the people. The fact is that she can easily move her arms fast enough to block bullets and there is no reason to think her legs are any slower. Moreover, she has a faster movement speed feat in her fight against Ares.
    That is completely true except after Steve died she was still not too fast for a normal human to track and fire on. She's fast but not too fast for someone to perceive and react to her. If someone can draw a bead on her and fire accurately, Thor has enough time to think "lightning." And Thor's not without reaction feats, he was blocking Chitauri shots and beams from the Destroyer.
    Last edited by rhyvurg; 04-28-2018 at 01:14 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post

A neutron star is still about 12 km across. It also isn't inert until you spin some rings around it. How durable do you think the Guardians' little pod is that was flying 20 feet off the surface of this neutron star? How durable is Rocket to be in the pod that is so close to the neutron star? How durable is Rocket to be 10 feet from the stream of super duper neutron star energy that Thor was standing in (which is being claimed as requiring more durability than surviving a nuclear warhead)? If Doomsday were to take Thor's place there, what would you expect the result to be, given his movie feats?

The star was covered up so flying around or next to it doesnt mean anything. Thor opened a part of the armor around the star to allow a concentrated part of the energy to come out to re-ignite the forge and melt the metal for Storm breaker.

I don't even remember Rocket being close to Thor when he opened the forge.

As for Doomsday, I can't really say since his whole thing is that he absorbs energy. MAYBE he can absorb the energy.
    Last edited by Username taken; 04-28-2018 at 01:37 PM.

Yeah, you didn't actually see the star, you saw the Dyson Sphere around it