Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Why are you guys ignoring the fact Thor healed from fatal wounds instantly the moment he got Storm breaker? I think Storm breaker Thor either has instant healing or he's at entirely new level of durability in base, which is above even his star showing. Either way WW doesn't "cut hard enough" to defeat Thor. Thor's durability exceed Doomsday, I'd say.
    Last edited by Marvel-Studios Rep; 04-28-2018 at 02:31 PM.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Why are you guys ignoring the fact Thor healed from fatal wounds instantly the moment he got Storm breaker? I think Storm breaker Thor either has instant healing or he's at entirely new level of durability in base, which is above even his star showing. Either way WW doesn't "cut hard enough" to defeat Thor. Thor's durability exceed Doomsday, I'd say.
    I would say because we don’t know? It was one off. Was it because Storm Breaker had just been made and bonded with him? Is it something that is constant? It didn’t heal his eye.

It was kind of nebulous.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by ParticleFreezer View Post
    A star hot enough to melt wonder womans little sword. You guys. Honestly believe a sword is going to do more damage than a F King star? This discussion is ridiculous.
    You have a doctor Manhattan avatar. Your opinion is invalid.
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Mighty Member

Hmmm i don't think Barry could injure Thor with Diana's sword, but Diana herself most likely still could.
    Also is she still significantly faster than Thor, so i say it's a coin-flip.

If Thor gets lucky or Diana messes up is the fight instantly over cause the rest of the JL is rly just useless at that point(Barry could at least work as distraction beforehand), but if not could the JL win.

Just noticed the caveat in the title.

So, having not seen IW yet, how does post-IW MCU Thor stack up to the DCEU Justice League WITH the post-JL Superman on the squad?

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post

So, having not seen IW yet, how does post-IW MCU Thor stack up to the DCEU Justice League WITH the post-JL Superman on the squad?
    I imagine Heat Vision would be somewhat less effective now.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    Why would she run faster in that scene? She has to be in position to block the bullets. If she runs faster than the guy moves the gun, then the remaining bullets would be going behind her and hitting the people. The fact is that she can easily move her arms fast enough to block bullets and there is no reason to think her legs are any slower. Moreover, she has a faster movement speed feat in her fight against Ares.
    Because reaction speed and movement speed are two completely different things. Ozymandias can move his arms fast enough to catch a bullet, that doesn't mean he can move his legs fast enough to propel himself at bullet speeds.

Likewise, the movement speed feat with Ares is not what you think it is. She is only so fast that one soldier is able to shoulder and fire his firearm at her accurately while she is running at them from 100" or so away. That is more than enough time for Thor to hurl lightning/the hammer/superjump away - all options which will result in her death. (okay, maybe not the lightning because of energy reflection shenanigans, but Thor is immune to his own lightning anyway)
    Last edited by Twickster; 04-28-2018 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    You have a doctor Manhattan avatar. Your opinion is invalid.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    I imagine Heat Vision would be somewhat less effective now.
    unless someone wants to say that DCEU supes' heat vision is as hot as a sun. i'm not saying it. just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    I would say because we don’t know? It was one off. Was it because Storm Breaker had just been made and bonded with him? Is it something that is constant? It didn’t heal his eye.

It was kind of nebulous.
    It's not a one-off. Thor healed instantly after his SSJ transformation in Ragnarok as well. I think it has to do with his new lightning state.

The eye is clearly a thematic device linking him to Odin (who also lacks an eye).

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post

If just Superman alone, ironically less effective than Diana. Mostly because Clark exclusively does blunt-force damage, and Thor eats those for breakfast, and the sun feat makes Thor largely heat-vision proof. Clark would still be blitzing him to no tomorrow, but AOE lightning helps with that.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    unless someone wants to say that DCEU supes' heat vision is as hot as a sun. i'm not saying it. just saying.
    I'm actually curious if Smallville Clark's could hurt him either. His HV was a good bit more powerful than DCEU's.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    I'm actually curious if Smallville Clark's could hurt him either. His HV was a good bit more powerful than DCEU's.
    hmmmmm i'd have to really look back over the show to remember.

but then i remember allison mack is on the show and ..............yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    hmmmmm i'd have to really look back over the show to remember.

but then i remember allison mack is on the show and ..............yeah.
    I know the feeling.

Hopefully she'll get help.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    If just Superman alone, ironically less effective than Diana. Mostly because Clark exclusively does blunt-force damage, and Thor eats those for breakfast, and the sun feat makes Thor largely heat-vision proof. Clark would still be blitzing him to no tomorrow, but AOE lightning helps with that.
    Um no. Superman is SO much faster than Thor. Superman would be punching him like 100 times before Thor could react. Thor goes down easily to Superman. Wonder Woman, you can make a case for either.