Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Near bullet speed blasts.

Really?

Is there any proof whatsoever about that? Really?

Because most energy blasts are slow as hell in comparison in fiction. Star Wars I am looking at you.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

I made a detailed breakdown of Diana's best movement feats a while back. All at 1/4 speed. Please watch.

https://youtu.be/289FYqf3syI

She's pretty fast.

Listen I've argued this stuff to the death before. I'm not keen on getting in deep again lol. Too stressful :P

Ill say this: Thor is undeniably more powerful than her. It may just be a rough matchup is all.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Near bullet speed blasts.

Really?

Is there any proof whatsoever about that? Really?

Because most energy blasts are slow as hell in comparison in fiction. Star Wars I am looking at you.
    Sure, just watch Thor and Avengers, slow it way down, and count the frames. Since films are/were mostly shot at 24 frames per second, you can easily see how long it takes a shot to cover and estimated distance. If it's about 100 feet, and it takes 4 frames, it's about 600 feet per second, which is a slow-ish bullet if the frame rate is indeed 24fps. If it's 30 or 60, up the speed as required. Done.

I mean, I don't LOVE using that method, but I did exactly that for one of the MCU Thor arguments a couple of years back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    In light of what I have just borne witness to, how is this even a debate?
    It wasn't a debate since Thor 1, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    Yeah it's not a debate. Wonder woman stabs him before he can react
    Diana's sword isn't star level.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    What were WW feats against Steppenshit? Did the sword cut off his appendages?
    Every time she hit him her sword glanced off his armor. Aquaman's trident though, penetrated. He drew blood. Arthur is significantly stronger than Diana, he was actually accomplishing something when he landed a hit.

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    She literally disappears and then reappears from out of frame. She moves faster than we the audience or Ares (who is certainly faster than a normal human) can perceive. The fact that in another scene soldiers are shooting at her is a lower showing. We don't know what she was doing in the time it took her to come around and hit Ares, all we know is that she is clearly visible about to be crushed, then she disappears without us seeing her move, then she reappears somewhere else.
    And normal men were still able to fire at her accurately when she's moving at speed. She's fast but not fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    No she is a high end bullet timer who can shield a crowd from a hail of gunfire at close range while basically shuffling, she's not sprinting or anything to do this

So given the absence of Thor's speed feats anywhere near that level, he gets impaled through the skull. Yes Thor could get her with an AoE, but as noted

The absence of actual, bullet time feats even in the argument you want to provide for him, but can't, means, he gets gutted.
    Bullet time in terms of reaction, not traversal. She can't get to Thor before he takes off. Thor doesn't need speed feats on her level, he has speed feats enough to be faster than a human, that's all he needs.

Guy already ruled on this: WW can blitz Thor. I just don't think it does enough damage at this point...she can't even hurt him in my opinion even with her sword. Storm breaker Thor is on another level.

Astonishing Member

Being immune to the sword is based on healing instantly after you get stabbed. I might suggest the appropriate attack is to remove the opponent's head. If the sword will penetrate into the chest through flesh and ribs, it is not difficult to remove a head. That is the way to do it. Instantly growing another head might be interesting to see. Folks always want to punch or stab. There are better ways to fight.

The sword did work on Doomsday. Do we think it would just bounce off Thor's neck?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Being immune to the sword is based on healing instantly after you get stabbed. I might suggest the appropriate attack is to remove the opponent's head. If the sword will penetrate into the chest through flesh and ribs, it is not difficult to remove a head. That is the way to do it. Instantly growing another head might be interesting to see. Folks always want to punch or stab. There are better ways to fight.

The sword did work on Doomsday. Do we think it would just bounce off Thor's neck?
    Considering that Thor had a durability feat leagues above Doomsday, I'd say it's possible.

Astonishing Member

How do we know the limits of DD's durability from the movie? He did take a big BOOM BOOM.

BANNED

How do we know the limits of DD's durability from the movie? He did take a big BOOM BOOM.
    He was also pretty clearly messed up by it and needed to regenerate. From what we see the damage appeared to be more visibly extensive than the damage that Thor received. So Thor took something much worse with less damage to show for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Guy already ruled on this: WW can blitz Thor. I just don't think it does enough damage at this point...she can't even hurt him in my opinion even with her sword. Storm breaker Thor is on another level.
    Nothing like that in the mod rulings thread. Thor is only mentioned in regards to his speed in the comics, literally nothing about the movies, and no mention of Wonder Woman at all.

Doomsday was messed up by a nuke and had to regenerate, Thor tanked a point-blank neutron star for "a few minutes" according to Sindri. Even if you add in Doomsday's reentry fall, Thor's feat is still more impressive.
    Last edited by rhyvurg; 04-29-2018 at 05:36 PM.

I did rule that WW was above Hela in speed, I know that: http://community.comicbookresources....=1#post3258651

Looking for the Thor one.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Sure, just watch Thor and Avengers, slow it way down, and count the frames. Since films are/were mostly shot at 24 frames per second, you can easily see how long it takes a shot to cover and estimated distance. If it's about 100 feet, and it takes 4 frames, it's about 600 feet per second, which is a slow-ish bullet if the frame rate is indeed 24fps. If it's 30 or 60, up the speed as required. Done.*
    Diana's sword isn't star level.
    Arthur is significantly stronger than Diana
    Wow really? These are the kind of arguments we are using now, guys?

I'll just highlight the relevant point in Big's argument here

She's a bullet timer, sure. But she doesn't have movement speed like a bullet. So she cannot cross 100 feet before Thor
    She does not have compartmentalized speed like street levelers tend to and this made apparent when she can shuffle fast enough on one knee to shield a crowd from close range gunfire. This is shown in the Doomsday fight and the end blitz in her own movie that her superspeed is not limited to just being able to move hands like a street leveler

It is blatantly "superspeed" and not say the kind of speed Batman used to clean out the warehouse. Talking about her compartmentalized speed is just as baseless talking about Thor's compartmentalized durability and plain ignores what is indicated in the movie

In any case she can just throw her sword into his skull like she did with the bomb quite a distance with a second to spare in the bank scene.

Or in the context of this thread, Flash placing her right next to Thor for her faster reflexes to kick in and stab him
    Last edited by The Dork Knight; 04-29-2018 at 06:37 PM.

Thor is in no way star level.

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    Thor is in no way star level.
    Its so bizarre right? So many movies they spend developing him at a certain level and then BAM. 2 major feats that are drastic outliers to his previous films back to back. Think about it; even starting those rings to spin is a strength feat well in excess of anything Superman has done, even if you say Rockets ship was helping. Than they went out of their way to emphasize, "this is a star, a real star, your gonna be in a star" and he eats it up. All those times Kurse, Hulk or Ultron hurt him were apparently nonsense right?

Its weird. I know people are gonna tell me I have character bias or whatever, but he was just suddenly in a whole new level this movie. Like I'm all for new feats but this wasn't power creep, it was power leap lol :P

I'm fine with all his crazy new abilities with Stormbreaker in his hand. It was supposed to make him tougher. But those 2 feats he didn't have it yet. I guess I'm ultimately fine with it. Just confused
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Its so bizarre right? So many movies they spend developing him at a certain level and then BAM. 2 major feats that are drastic outliers to his previous films back to back. Think about it; even starting those rings to spin is a strength feat well in excess of anything Superman has done, even if you say Rockets ship was helping. Than they went out of their way to emphasize, "this is a star, a real star, your gonna be in a star" and he eats it up. All those times Kurse, Hulk or Ultron hurt him were apparently nonsense right?

Its weird. I know people are gonna tell me I have character bias or whatever, but he was just suddenly in a whole new level this movie. Like I'm all for new feats but this wasn't power creep, it was power leap lol :P

I'm fine with all his crazy new abilities with Stormbreaker in his hand. It was supposed to make him tougher. But those 2 feats he didn't have it yet. I guess I'm ultimately fine with it. Just confused
    Maybe it's an energy/heat resistance thing? And he did get a power up last movie.

And really, did Ultron even hurt him that much?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.