Fantastic Member

Default Interested in Wonder Woman Stories Recommend me Some of Your Favorites

Hi, everyone

I have read some Wonder Woman stories and have been seeking some others. I have read Gail Simone's and Greg Rucka's Pre-52 and Rebirth run. I had also read the first Omnibus by George Perez but was not a fan.

Any recommendations would be helpful

Thanks

Wonder Woman 77, Legend of Wonder Woman, and The circle

Spectacular Member

Are you mainly interested in modern-age stories? If that’s the case, then I’d recommend “Who Is Wonder Woman?” by Alan Heinberg. Picks up after the events of “Infinite Crisis” and “52.” I thought he did a good job of putting some of the super hero fun back into the book. I also enjoyed “Gods of Gotham” by Phil Jimenez. It’s an awesome team-up with the entire Batman and Wonder Woman “families” and does a good job of showing how those characters both compliment and contrast with their respective counterparts.

Now, if you want to go back into Pre-Crisis material, I recommend Roy Thomas’ introduction of the Silver Swan in WW #288-290. It’s a classic in all it’s ‘80s glory! “The 12 Labors” is another classic story from the ‘70s in issues #212-222 and has Diana undergoing various “labors”/tests to prove (to herself) that she’s competent and qualified to re-join the Justice League after spending the last couple of years with no super powers. I don’t think these are available in trade at the moment but they should all be available digitally.
    Last edited by The I.A.D.C.; 04-29-2018 at 08:35 PM.

The Hiketeia, Phil Jiminez run, Golden Perfect, League of One

I suggest picking up the following trade paperback and comics...

George Perez's trades, Challenge Of The Gods
    John Byrne's trades, Wonder Woman: Second Genesis and Wonder Woman: Lifelines
    Brian Azzarello/Cliff Chiang trades, Wonder Woman Volume 1: Blood and Wonder Woman Volume 4: War
    Kurt Busiek miniseries, The Legend Of Wonder Woman, 1986 (Volumes 1-4)
    Greg Rucka's 2016-2017 trades, Volumes 1-4 (or 5)
    Mike Sekowsky trades, Diana Prince: Wonder Woman (ALL of them)
    Grant Morrison trades, JLA (Book 1): New World Order, JLA (Book 3): Rock Of Ages, JLA (Book 5): Justice For All and JLA (Book 6): World War III

That's a good start. If you want to get Wonder Woman, ..these comics define what Wonder Woman, as a phenom, is about. You can check out the Golden Age stuff from the 1940s, later.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 04-30-2018 at 06:31 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The Hiketeia, Phil Jiminez run, Golden Perfect, League of One

I also wanted to recommand Golden Perfect and A league of one, while not perfect, they are underrated stories imo

Mighty Member

Golden age stuff and the n52 books by Azzarello and Chiang.