Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default The New Justice League lineup

Since its debut, I have been loving the lineup Scott Snyder has picked for the Justice League. Keeping the core World's Greatest Heroes: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, the Flash (Barry Allen), Cyborg, Martian Manhunter and Green Lantern (John Stewart) with the inclusion of Hawkgirl, I think this lineup is just about perfect at nine members. Each character having a specific specialty or something that makes them a valuable asset (power set, leadership, knowledge). But following Grant Morrison (who had 14 members) and Brad Meltzer (who had a 12 member lineup), who would you add to this League to make it your dream Justice League of World's Greatest Heroes? And you can only add three to five additional members that aren't already on a New Justice Justice League team. Your choices can include B or C list characters if you feel that their inclusion would benefit and increase the characters status.

Myself, I would add Shazam, Black Canary, Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) and Vixen. I feel Canary and Vixen add a different power sets and experience. Hal and John may share powers but they both have different strengths that would be of value. Shazam is on my list because he is one of the World's most powerful characters and I have always felt he needed to be at the level of Superman, Batman or Wonder Woman. But for some reason he's never really had the chance. Geoff John's included him in his League but didn't really utilize him. I think Scott could really use him and make him great.

I know that there is a large number of fans who don't like having Batman or the A-Listers on the team and I can appreciate that...but this is a question of who you would add to the existing lineup Scott Snyder has in place.

Who would make your cut? Why?

Well, supposedly after No Justice all these new League books will be connected, so technically its not just the nine (nine?) that Snyder is writing, the League is now everyone from Odyssey and Dark and whatever other League books are rolling out too. So Starfire is a full-fledged Leaguer now, so is Swamp Thing, etc.

Snyder's roster however, is pretty gods damn clean; there is very, very, very little I would change about it.

But I'd definitely like to see Canary and Vixen added in. I think with those two in the mix it'd be just about as perfect as it's likely to ever actually get, and I'd love to see Jimenez and Cheung handle those two from the art side.

Plus, if Snyder could tap into his Metal mindset a little when writing Canary.....well, that would just make this metalhead's day. Every time he put a easter egg into Metal from the world of music, it made me smile.
    Last edited by Ascended; 04-28-2018 at 07:52 AM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I like Snyder's line-up, and the only thing I don't like is that it's not the animated one by virtue of replacing Wally with Barry. So I guess I'd like to see Wally rotate in and out. He has said this is going to be a big book and we'll see plenty of guests, probably not with the scale of JLU in terms of team-ups but I'm sure we'll see like The Atom and members from other teams like Zatanna and Starfire help out sometimes. I think we can expect Green Arrow and Hawkman to help out sometimes.

Canary and Vixen would've been the obvious choices as new permanent members but idk how well that'd work now since Orlando's set up the Justice Foundation.

I would add Blue Beetle Jaime Reyes. He could be the junior member of the team. Kinda like Spider-Man in the Avengers movies. He and Batman have a good dynamic in the animated series’ they’ve appeared in together. I would love to see that on the comic book page.

Fantastic Member

I would either add Mera or give Aquaman a break and have her take his place. I really like the idea of her water bending abilities on the team! But it makes sense to exclude her if she’ll be busy as queen of Atlantis.

Other than that, I wouldn’t add too much as big teams can be difficult to write as certain characters end up with less screen time. That said, I loved Plastic Man on the team as he just makes things fun and would love for him to return but for now he has his home on the Terrifics. Shazam would make a lot of sense and bring something new but idk what DC is planning for him.

I'd add:

Vixen
    Black Lightning
    Black Canary
    Robin
    The Wonder Twins

The Son of Suns Clairaudient Freedom Soldier's Avatar

Snyder needs to add ...
    * Argent
    * Connor Hawke
    * Black Lightning
    * Equinox (Miiyahbin)
    * Triumph
    Take a couple of minutes and check out this new comic book, friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...no-more-crises

Quote Originally Posted by Clairaudient Freedom Soldier View Post
    Snyder needs to add ...
    * Argent
    * Connor Hawke
    * Black Lightning
    * Equinox (Miiyahbin)
    * Triumph
    Connor kind of needs to exist before he can be added. Though, with Ollie and Dinah together, hopefully that won't be very long now.

Same goes for Argent and Triumph, doesn't it?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Though, with Ollie and Dinah together, hopefully that won't be very long now.
    One thing has nothing to do with the other.

Any chance of Connor returning (and my reading further GA material) was dashed with Percy's removal.

Vixen, Mera, Black Canary, Green Arrow

The source wall is broken, compeers. Anything or anyone can appear now ...

Where my Connor Hawke fans at? It's time to get this party started, folks!
    Take a couple of minutes and check out this new comic book, friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...no-more-crises

Oh yeah, Snyder should also add Morrison's Flintstein from Earth-41, he's good peoples, compeers ...

Spectacular Member

Oh, I didn't think of Mera (which is a travesty) I would definitely added her and round my additions to 5 new members. Black Canary, Vixen, Hal Jordan, Shazam and Mera!

Extraordinary Member

I would probably go for Plastic Man, Red Tornado and Zatanna or Fate.

Etrigan would also be cool, but the comic version is way to evil.