Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default What did you think of the road trip era of X-Force?

Theyre supposed to be a strike team and just wandering with no focus

Them wirking under Pete Wisdon was weird

Then Jesse randomly getting bulked up in the issues after
    I didnt read much after that

Really curious why they chise Bedlam fir the new movie when it looks like a departure from his powerset

That was the best era of OG X-Force and felt more like a natural progression of Claremont/Simonson's New Mutants

FYI, They didnt work with Pete Wisdom during the Roadtrip era. That happened years later under the Revolution rebrand

They stopped being a strike force by like issue 12.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Hold my earrings while I grab some Vaseline and my straight edge...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Armageddon View Post
    Theyre supposed to be a strike team and just wandering with no focus

Them wirking under Pete Wisdon was weird

Then Jesse randomly getting bulked up in the issues after
    I didnt read much after that

Really curious why they chise Bedlam fir the new movie when it looks like a departure from his powerset
    I think you're confusing the John Francis Moore run with the Warren Ellis/Ian Edginton run that followed it.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    I think you're confusing the John Francis Moore run with the Warren Ellis/Ian Edginton run that followed it.
    I don't even know what they're trying to say because when they worked with Pete Wisdom it was the first version of the classic wetworks X-Force. They DID wander (as teens would like to do) in the Moore run, but they still operated as a paramilitary team, particularly once they reached San Francisco.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Let's be honest, that weird dimension James went to for that sketchy weird dude was a strange story. As was the filmmaker/gangster story. As was the overwhelming influence of the Deviants/Eternals. There was also some inexplicable coloring happening over there with some of the ethnic skin tones. That said, the road trip era was still interesting, though I might prefer the previous era after Liefield, after Cable was gone, when they sort of ran themselves for a while, then hung out in the X-Mansion for a hot minute, and then had the purple/yellow outfits with Domino a bit more(also, proto RicStar was the best part of old school X-Force for me, personally). And of all of Ellis's team shakeups, his X-Force made the most sense(Gen X and Excalibur didn't fit tonally).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post

I know it was a different writer

I just included when talking about Jesse and how the book did a weird 180

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I don't even know what they're trying to say because when they worked with Pete Wisdom it was the first version of the classic wetworks X-Force. They DID wander (as teens would like to do) in the Moore run, but they still operated as a paramilitary team, particularly once they reached San Francisco.
    Cable definitely formed the team as a Strikedorce

Now whether the writing reflected that is a different story

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Hold my earrings while I grab some Vaseline and my straight edge...
    I get that people liked it because they wanted to see former New Mutants just hanging out.

But that didnt make sense in universe at the time
    Plus it doesnt make for good stories which is wjy the current Titans book is so nad

I get that people liked it because they wanted to see former New Mutants just hanging out.

But that didnt make sense in universe at the time
    Plus it doesnt make for good stories which is wjy the current Titans book is so nad
    It made perfect sense. They had reached their breaking point with OZT and Cable. They had grown up and no longer needed a mentor. Them leaving to go find their own place in the world was fitting and they didnt wander around aimlessly for that long. They set up roots with a new base and purpose

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Cable definitely formed the team as a Strikedorce

Now whether the writing reflected that is a different story
    ????

No, Cable formed X-Force less as a strike team and more as a paramilitary organization. Read the issues of New Mutants that led up to this and the initial Nicieza run. They both say this.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Road Trip era was when Dani was on the team, right?

So around the 70s to 101 when Pete Wisdom joins?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    ????

No, Cable formed X-Force less as a strike team and more as a paramilitary organization. Read the issues of New Mutants that led up to this and the initial Nicieza run. They both say this.

......those two things arent mutually exclusive.
    Last edited by Armageddon; 04-26-2018 at 12:03 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It made perfect sense. They had reached their breaking point with OZT and Cable. They had grown up and no longer needed a mentor. Them leaving to go find their own place in the world was fitting and they didnt wander around aimlessly for that long. They set up roots with a new base and purpose
    Still terrible!

Weee they even involved in OZT?

There was one issue where they rescued Cyclops from being hooked up to a big machine
    Other tham that i dont recall